Rugby

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Rugby

Watching the chainshakers V Poms , the ozzies are 16 up in 20 minutes , looks like a thrashing on the cards from the old enemy

Well the Poms came back in the 2nd half , were totally outplayed in the 1st half but returned the compliment in the 2nd half , 26 16 to the chainrattlers , i have to admit they were brill in the 1st half , well played V

Comment

Well decent folks don't watch rugby but we just defeated the Ozzies in Cricket ..... again :))
      When our perils are past, shall our gratitude sleep? - George Canning sigpic

Comment

Originally posted by Knaur Amarsh View Post
        Well decent folks don't watch rugby but we just defeated the Ozzies in Cricket ..... again :))

True enough about Rugby.

As for ODIs, we save ourselves for tournaments (4 World Cups & 2 Champion's trophys at last count). :))
        sigpic

Win nervously lose tragically - Reds C C

Comment

Originally posted by Bigfella View Post
          As for ODIs, we save ourselves for tournaments (4 World Cups & 2 Champion's trophys at last count). :))
          Why you smug li'l .... heh :))

Watching the match right now? :)

Comment

No pay TV.

To be honest, I lost interest in 50 over a side ODIs almost 20 years ago. Apart from proper competitions I find them a bit tedious. Really a test cricket man myself. For 'hit & giggle' I prefer T20. More 'bang for your buck. If ODIs are on TV I'll jump in & out, but no more than that.

There are still too many meaningless cricket matches being played, and we all know where that has led ion the past. My bet is that ODIs will slowly give way to T20 except for the World Cup & Champions League. These sort of one off series unconnected to a test tour should go. Just wears down players & diminished the worth of matches IMHO.
            sigpic

Comment

True enough about Rugby.

Like the Ashes ya mean :P

Comment

Watching TV , shouldnt you be out n about shaking sticks into the bushes to chase out the tigers for us great white hunter poms to shoot :P:))

Comment

Originally posted by tankie View Post
                  Like the Ashes ya mean :P

Well if we don't let you blokes win once in a while you'll throw a sulk. Look at what's happened to the Windies.
                  sigpic

Comment

Mods , can ya change the title from rugby to cricket , thing is tho B/F ,,WHEN your team actually wins the ashes , they only get a substitute as we the UK keep the original , and at the mo its alongside the sub , ha ,how dya likes them eggs ,, baby

Comment

Mods , can ya change the title from rugby to cricket , thing is tho B/F ,,WHEN your team actually wins the ashes , they only get a substitute as we the UK keep the original , and at the mo its alongside the sub , ha ,how dya likes them eggs ,, baby

Like I said Tankie, we like to throw you blokes a bone now & then. No sunshine; dodgy sporting teams; so close to the French - truth is we feel a bit sorry for you all. The least we can do is leave the little urn at Lords for you to stare at.:))
                      sigpic

Comment

Watching TV , shouldnt you be out n about shaking sticks into the bushes to chase out the tigers for us great white hunter poms to shoot :P:))
                        Aye Your Excellency, but how will you ever climb up to the howda on your wheelchair?

Comment

No pay TV.

To be honest, I lost interest in 50 over a side ODIs almost 20 years ago. Apart from proper competitions I find them a bit tedious. Really a test cricket man myself. For 'hit & giggle' I prefer T20. More 'bang for your buck. If ODIs are on TV I'll jump in & out, but no more than that.
                          I hear you, test matches are the best no doubt, specially since these days there's some aggressive test cricket being played with most matches ending in results (got to credit Steve Waugh's team for making that trend mainstream), I remember in school days test cricket was only for watching strokeplay and classic deliveries, but you couldn't watch the whole thing as it got too boring after a while unless you were a real big fan.

Personally I prefer ODI's to T20 really, same reason why tests are more fun tha ODI's, but I got to admit I rather like the IPL and CL20, gives you something or the other to watch the whole year with a domestic team in the tournament, an element which is missing for foreigners in county cricket.

No pay tv needed here btw :)) They telecast the matches on the national channel, and for real hit and giggle cricket, remember those six-a-side matches

Comment

I see this thread has shifted. :))

About to finish my first season playing rugby union. My team's put me on the wing position and I've managed to improve myself from clueless and struggling to keep up to a serviceable B-side player that can occasionally do something good. :))

Comment

Originally posted by rj1 View Post
                              I see this thread has shifted. :))

About to finish my first season playing rugby union. My team's put me on the wing position and I've managed to improve myself from clueless and struggling to keep up to a serviceable B-side player that can occasionally do something good. :))
                              Good lad, we'll take over the world eventually.........

BTW, if you or some of your team-mates are very serious about it, approach your sponsors about this.....

Don't worry about the smarmy looking feller in the photo, he's o.k. once you get to know him...
                              Last edited by Parihaka; 05 Nov 09,, 20:50.
                              In the realm of spirit, seek clarity; in the material world, seek utility.

Leibniz

Comment

Working...
                              X