The UK fails again.

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• The UK fails again.

I have this from another forum and wondered what you would make of it, who knows maybe I'm over reacting to something that should be an everyday occurrence (in a third world).

Armed officers placed on routine foot patrol for first time - Telegraph

Tony
    Yet another ex-tankie of 1 RTR origin.

Seems OK to me, should have happened a long time ago. And whats this 'Policing by Consent' rubbish?

Comment

Originally posted by toemag View Post
      I have this from another forum and wondered what you would make of it, who knows maybe I'm over reacting to something that should be an everyday occurrence (in a third world).

Armed officers placed on routine foot patrol for first time - Telegraph

Tony
      Good idea. Get the scum of the streets. Maybe it's a move to stop us returning to a third world country;)

Comment

Wow, I can only remember only a night stick and a radio on the police. Times change I guess.
        Fortitude.....The strength to persist...The courage to endure.

Comment

That crime is now so bad that armed police are needed in some areas is a really sad indictment of Britain today.

'Policing by consent' is not turning the police and the people into enemies. How many times do we hear of the police's refusal to help innocent victims whilst they protect criminals? I don't think the police have the same almost universal respect they once had. Arming such people will not necessarily work in favour of the innocent.

Comment

I think some are missing the point that I was trying to make. Pistols or revolvers for everyday use okay, but the G36c's and the stubby AR's and the MP5's for very special occasions, otherwise we have extras from the Iranian Embassy siege decorating the streets of blighty.

Tony

Comment

Don't you guys have some of the most stringent gun controls in the world? Wait does this mean your gun crimes are going up as your gun laws are getting tougher? Huh.

Comment

I don't think routinely armed police officers are ever OK. And yes, we do have some of the strictest gun controls in the world.

Comment

Originally posted by lancastrian View Post
                  I don't think routinely armed police officers are ever OK. And yes, we do have some of the strictest gun controls in the world.
                  Hmmm...curious...

More strict gun laws leading to more armed police...how interesting. You figure more strict gun laws should lead to less of a need to arm the police. Right?
                  "Only Nixon can go to China." -- Old Vulcan proverb.

Comment

Originally posted by Doomarias View Post
                    Don't you guys have some of the most stringent gun controls in the world? Wait does this mean your gun crimes are going up as your gun laws are getting tougher? Huh.
                    No. Nationally gun crime is falling, as is the murder rate, but there are a number of hot spots in London, Manchester and Birmingham, where the danger of being of being shot if you are aged 16-24 and involved in a gang is high(for Britain).

http://news.bbc.co.uk/1/hi/uk/8153392.stm
                    Last edited by redco; 24 Oct 09,, 02:32.

Comment

From that article:
                      The Conservatives said it seemed the government was trying to cover up the extent of knife crime by broadening what crimes are included in the category.

Shadow home secretary, Chris Grayling, said: "It looks like the government is trying to cover up the scale of the problem we face with knife crime, little wonder given its policies have failed to get to grips with the challenge.

"Massaging the figures on knife crime twice in two years is just an insult to the families of those who have been tragically murdered in knife attacks and who are campaigning for real action to get knives off our streets."
                      Precisely how does one go about getting knives off the streets? An x-ray machine outside of everybody's front door that calls the police if it sees a knife?
                      "Every man has his weakness. Mine was always just cigarettes."

Comment

Originally posted by Ironduke View Post
                        Precisely how does one go about getting knives off the streets? An x-ray machine outside of everybody's front door that calls the police if it sees a knife?
                        I must be honest I think that there has been more than a bit of scaremongering going on about knife crime recently. When I grew up in the 60's I knew of people who carried knives, and even in the 50's knives were common in the youth gangs.
                        Its nothing new. :(

Comment

The fox hunting bill was the biggest pile of bollocks ever! Talk about using an emotive topic to get all the bleeding hearts whining about killing the 'cute and furry foxes' and totally missing the potentially terrifying bill they snuck in underneath it to be able to suspend government and declare martial law in a state of 'clear and present' danger (wag the dog). However, they never defined that in the law so I guess that would be up to Gordon Clown who I definitely don't trust.
                          (This was penned by my cousin, and I'm sure she won't mind me using it as she wrote it, as I couldn't have done it any better myself).

It would appear to me that the brainwashing was a success, the sheeple are more than willing to surrender their rights to a megalomaniac micromanaging big brother all knowing all controlling unelected dictatorship, because its the easy way out and lets face it, once the Police have failed to achieve the desired affect with all of the CCTV eaves dropping technology etc then you can expect to see armed troops on the streets manning check points etc. because they have the power to do as they wish, all it takes for bad to succeed is for good people to sit back and allow it to happen, and it is happening right now. Either due to an ill equipped judicial system that has neither the power or the capacity to deal with criminals or organised crime in an appropriate manner to serve as a deterrent and adequately punish those who have committed crimes.

The mess that the UK is in can only be described as desperate, and all the current government can do in it flailing is worsen the situation, well done to all involved. What a shame that the opposition hasn't got a team or a plan worthy of voting for.

I bet G.O. is laughing his socks off, although he was out by about 30 or so years.

Tony

Comment

Originally posted by gunnut View Post
                            Hmmm...curious...

More strict gun laws leading to more armed police...how interesting. You figure more strict gun laws should lead to less of a need to arm the police. Right?
                            Wrong. All the new gun laws have done is to keep guns out of the hands of the law abiding. The criminals carry on regardless. I don't want the police to routinely have guns because I don't think they are always circumspect in their use. Innocent people will be, and have been, killed by armed police officers.

Comment

Originally posted by lancastrian View Post
                              Wrong. All the new gun laws have done is to keep guns out of the hands of the law abiding. The criminals carry on regardless. I don't want the police to routinely have guns because I don't think they are always circumspect in their use. Innocent people will be, and have been, killed by armed police officers.
                              If the photo's posted by people in the UK on ar15.com are anything to go by, I don't think they are keeping them out of the hands of the law abiding. :o

Down here we aren't allowed anything semi-auto or anything that "looks" like a modern military weapon.

Comment

Working...
                              X