Beer In The Mens Room

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Beer In The Mens Room

Cheap Seats Daily: Breaking News: Fans Say Redskins Selling Beer in FedExField Bathrooms! - City Desk - Washington City Paper

I know Daniel Snyder is always looking for a new revenue "stream" but this is just absurd!
    “Loyalty to country ALWAYS. Loyalty to government, when it deserves it.”
    Mark Twain

I dunno I see this alot. I dont bring anything to drink in the mens room nor talk on a cell phone in the mens room
    Fortitude.....The strength to persist...The courage to endure.

Comment

I have a buddy back in MN who sometimes sells beer at the dome after his day job or weekends. They work pretty independently. They front the money for beer and sell it on commission. Basically they pay 80-some percent and pocket the difference.
      "Every man has his weakness. Mine was always just cigarettes."

Comment

In one end, out the other...quite efficient.

This would be an even better idea at Kenny G concerts where men escape to the bathroom whenever they have a chance.
        "Only Nixon can go to China." -- Old Vulcan proverb.

Comment

mh a bathrooms seems like a rather fitting place to sell american beer

Comment

Originally posted by Tarek Morgen View Post
            mh a bathrooms seems like a rather fitting place to sell american beer
            Hey you don't know they only sell American beer at the football game. They could have Spaten.

InBev owns both Spaten and Bud...

Hey...Oktoberfest is here...

Comment

uhm the oktoberfest is long over. It starts in September and ends on the first sunday in october (3rd in this year).

Comment

uhm the oktoberfest is long over. It starts in September and ends on the first sunday in october (3rd in this year).
                Really? I think we celebrate near the end of October. The air of Oktoberfest moves slowly due to shifting jet stream pattern.

Comment

pah I bet you don't even serve the prober beer at your oktoberfests...

Comment

pah I bet you don't even serve the prober beer at your oktoberfests...
                    I forgot what was available in the little German corner of our city. I had the Spaten (dark). There were others but I simply could not recall the names. It was a year ago when I went to that Oktoberfest.

Comment

Paderborner, Warsteiner (Yummy), Herforder (Yellow Hand Bag).

Comment

Originally posted by Chaobam Armour View Post
                        Paderborner, Warsteiner (Yummy), Herforder (Yellow Hand Bag).
                        That's it! That's the other beer I had at the Oktoberfest last year. I remember one of them was darker than the other. Forgot which.

Comment

No no, at the Oktoberfest it is not simply about the brand, the beer that you drink must be a special kind of Märzen, only available during the time of the Oktoberfest. That means it must brewed before 23. April (saint George day) and then stored underground until fall. To ensure that the beer does not go bad they have more alcehol and gravity. Further the beer of course must be kept cool. Since cooling technics are still rather new (compared to beer) this was archived by building large underground basements which got filled with large ice blocks during the winter from nearby rivers and lakes. To further increase the cooling trees were planted over those Bierkeller (Beer basements, beer cellars) to grand shadow. (This lead, although unintentional, to the invention and rise of Biergärten, beergardens. Those gardens you sit in to drink the beer are nothing more then old cooling mechanism for the beer stored several feed beneath you).

A bit more about beer history:

From the 23. April to the 29 September it was illegal to brew beer for two reasons since 1539. One was fire safety during the hot sommer month, the other was that the quality of the beer made during that time was much worse (due the lack of cooling operations). This lead to the pratice of brewing the beer in the cold time and to store (to lager in German) it so you still have (good) beer during the summer. The Time of the Oktoberfest is right at the end of the "banning season", so the last reserves of the old beer get drunken before the new fresh beer is made during the cold season.

Comment

I am enlightened, Danke Schon.

Comment

Your welcome. Teaching savag... i mean people from cultures with a less ritch drinking culture.. makes one almost feel like Prometheus bringing the fire to man.

Comment

Working...
                              X