Marriage: Is it a necessary evil?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Marriage: Is it a necessary evil?

So what do you all think about getting married. Is it a necessity, is it even worth it?

FYI, I am 31 yrs and for a variety of reasons, I had decided some time ago that I don't want to get married. But this runs counter to my parent's wishes who like any other Indian parents have been trying to arrange their son's marriage with a girl of their choosing. It's quite difficult to make them understand that it's perfectly alright to live a normal life as a bachelor.....
    Seek Save Serve Medic

So what do you all think about getting married. Is it a necessity, is it even worth it?
    I am not interested in marriage 。But I really want to have a child。If I can adopt a child,marriage is Unnecessary to me。
    FYI, I am 31 yrs
    You‘re in good age。A Chinese saying : a man is a treasure in 30 years old。:))
    But this runs counter to my parent's wishes who like any other Indian parents have been trying to arrange their son's marriage with a girl of their choosing.
    India still have the phenomenon of arranged marriages
    My friend's worry is that the girls he likes his family don't like。
    My parents put the marriage raised to a high degree of racial continuation。Fortunately, I have a brother,So I do not have to complete the mission of race continuation。:))
    It's quite difficult to make them understand that it's perfectly alright to live a normal life as a bachelor.....
    perfectly alright ?I don't think you don't feel lonely sometimes。

Comment

I am not interested in marriage 。But I really want to have a child。If I can adopt a child,marriage is Unnecessary to me。
      The issue of children is one of the reasons I don't want to get married.

You‘re in good age。A Chinese saying : a man is a treasure in 30 years old。
      By Indian standards, I am considered older than marriageable age. Infact this is one way my parents are trying to frighten me into marrying as I would supposedly end up only leftover if I delay further..

India still have the phenomenon of arranged marriages。
      My friend's worry is that the girls he likes his family don't like。
      My parents put the marriage raised to a high degree of racial continuation。Fortunately, I have a brother,So I do not have to complete the mission of race continuation。
      This still happens in India though it is slowly changing but people of my generation still defer to their parent's wishes.

perfectly alright ?I don't think you don't feel lonely sometimes。
      I feel that feeling lonely is better than being married. I could always get a pet....
      Seek Save Serve Medic

Comment

The issue of children is one of the reasons I don't want to get married.
        It seems we have different attitude about child。I really love children。
        Infact this is one way my parents are trying to frighten me into marrying as I would end up only leftover if I delay further..
        Do The elderly people who lost wife/husband don't get married again?I think you have the chance when you old enough。
        By Indian standards, I am considered older than marriageable age.
        Maybe you should come to China。:P
        This still happens in India though it is slowly changing but people of my generation still defer to their parent's wishes.
        So is Chinese in many aspects。
        I feel that feeling lonely is better than being married. I could always get a pet....
        You have not experienced marriage,so this idea just from your mind and is Unpersuasive。You seem to have got married phobia。My proposal:If you encounter people who you like , get married。Or getting a pet maybe a good idea。

Comment

What is this concept of marriage you speak of? Is it a some form of serfism?

Comment

Originally posted by SnowLeopard View Post
            What is this concept of marriage you speak of? Is it a some form of serfism?
            I think He did not want to become a slave to his wife and children。

Comment

A neccessary evil?
              Thats ridicolous!

Marriage is a wonderful thing

Comment

Originally posted by zara View Post
                A neccessary evil?
                Thats ridicolous!

Marriage is a wonderful thing
                groooooooooooooooaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaannnnnnnnnnnnnnnn , your doing this to wind Ooe up arent you

Comment

your doing this to wind Ooe up arent you
                  What happened to Ooe?

Comment

Originally posted by Luke Gu View Post
                    I think He did not want to become a slave to his wife and children。
                    He?

Comment

What happened to Ooe?
                      He has a foot fetish ,, in fact his wife is joining the Imelda Markos appreciation society

Comment

Originally posted by SnowLeopard View Post
                        He?
                        Yes,Perhaps he is a henpecked man

Comment

Who is this he you refer to?

Comment

in fact his wife is joining the Imelda Markos appreciation society
                            What is the Imelda Markos?

Comment

No he just keeps getting the boot kicked in to his tender parts , his wallet .

Comment

Working...
                              X