X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Lingerie Football League Season Opener

No, seriously.

Lingerie Football Sizzles in Season Opener | NBC Philadelphia
    "So little pains do the vulgar take in the investigation of truth, accepting readily the first story that comes to hand." Thucydides 1.20.3

I bet the men are hoping these games are twice the normal time. When they score a touch down do the take off their top like they do in soccer:)

Comment

We-ll..................if that's what thrills you.

Quite frankly, it reminds me of the Playboy Olympics at the Mansion they did back in the 80's (when Monique St. Pierre was still beautiful). Lots of bikinis and slippery poles. It's fun when you're young, but seems rather boring and pointless when you're older.

Comment

Originally posted by SnowLeopard View Post
        We-ll..................if that's what thrills you.

Quite frankly, it reminds me of the Playboy Olympics at the Mansion they did back in the 80's (when Monique St. Pierre was still beautiful). Lots of bikinis and slippery poles. It's fun when you're young, but seems rather boring and pointless when you're older.

Comment

Now I could watch that all day.

Comment

Some eye candy to go with the thread

"So little pains do the vulgar take in the investigation of truth, accepting readily the first story that comes to hand." Thucydides 1.20.3

Comment

Hopefully it lasts longer than the ill-fated XFL...
              America doesn't deserve its military

-Emma Sky

Comment

So this is where this picture came from:

Hmmm...they're wearing hockey helmets...
                "Only Nixon can go to China." -- Old Vulcan proverb.

Comment

Originally posted by osage18 View Post
                  Hopefully it lasts longer than the ill-fated XFL...
                  Personally, I liked the XFL very much. True, there was too much hoopla on the sidelines (strip tease dancers in a hot tub, etc.). The cheerleaders were beautiful and their uniforms were modified to fit the bad weather and they still looked gorgeous.

The cameras on the field gave great coverage. Jesse Ventura should have just played it straight though.

What impressed me the most was the stupendous sportsmanship of the players. At the end of one game, one of the players was still on the ground apparently working off some pain. An opposing player stopped and asked him if he needed help.

In the Los Angeles game during a torential rainstorm, a player made a running catch and an opposing player made a running tackle. They both slid in the mud and water under the tarpaulin screen like a twin float seaplane coming in for a landing. They both crawled out laughing like the dickens and slapping each other on the shoulders for their water skiing abilities.

I liked eliminating the almost give-away extra point kick after a touch down. I also liked the elimination of the "safe catch" (Please don't hurt me) and if you caught the ball you had to run with it.

Now THAT is the way football should be played. Unfortunately it's biggest drawback (besides costs of stupid, non-essential hoopla) was the bad weather that year. What Global warming?
                  Able to leap tall tales in a single groan.

Comment

Originally posted by gunnut View Post
                    So this is where this picture came from:

Hmmm...they're wearing hockey helmets...
                    Dear god, how does the umpire concentrate?
                    In the realm of spirit, seek clarity; in the material world, seek utility.

Leibniz

Comment

Originally posted by RustyBattleship View Post
                      Now THAT is the way football should be played. Unfortunately it's biggest drawback (besides costs of stupid, non-essential hoopla) was the bad weather that year. What Global warming?
                      You wanna see real football (apart from soccer); Watch either Rugby League or Rugby Union.

NO padding

NO time outs every few minutes/seconds

NO 300 pound gorillas with the fitness level of well... a 300 pound gorilla

and most importantly... Real (and very occasionally fatal) injuries and bone crunching tackles that make you cringe.

Its the closest your gonna get to gladiatorial contests.

Oh and we Aussies dominate both (but Pari may digress):P
                      The best part of repentance is the sin

Comment

Originally posted by chakos View Post
                        You wanna see real football (apart from soccer); Watch either Rugby League or Rugby Union.

NO padding

NO time outs every few minutes/seconds

NO 300 pound gorillas with the fitness level of well... a 300 pound gorilla

and most importantly... Real (and very occasionally fatal) injuries and bone crunching tackles that make you cringe.

Its the closest your gonna get to gladiatorial contests.

Oh and we Aussies dominate both (but Pari may digress):P
                        Oh, but where is the fun in all that?

Where's the pressure on the quarterback? Where that little guy is trying to figure out what to do with the football as these mack trucks are barreling in on him to kill him?

Where's the sack?

Where's the clothesline?

Sure, the other may be closer to gladiatorial contest, but where's the fun in watching just plain brutality? If one wanted that, they might as well watch boxing.
                        ("Now, with these painkillers I've given you, you may experience fits of homicidal rage...........but you're a linebacker, who will know the difference?"--Duke at a Redskins Trainer, (w,stte), "Doonesbury")

Comment

Originally posted by SnowLeopard View Post
                          Oh, but where is the fun in all that?
                          May I introduce you to Christian Cullen, AKA the Paekakariki Express.

In the realm of spirit, seek clarity; in the material world, seek utility.

Leibniz

Comment

Originally posted by Parihaka View Post
                            May I introduce you to Christian Cullen, AKA the Paekakariki Express.

Lordy,the Detroit Lions could sure use someone like him at running back.He faked me right out of my shorts just watching the video.
                            "Every government degenerates when trusted to the rulers of the people alone. The people themselves, therefore, are its only safe depositories." Thomas Jefferson

Comment

So I suppose that this would be considered a G-string tackle instead of a shoe-string tackle???;)
                              Attached Files
                              "Every government degenerates when trusted to the rulers of the people alone. The people themselves, therefore, are its only safe depositories." Thomas Jefferson

Comment

Working...
                              X