No announcement yet.

Ottawa spends 5 billion on LAV repairs.

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Ottawa spends 5 billion on LAV repairs.

Canada to spend $5B for armoured vehicles, LAV III repairs

To my knowledge, the majority of this money is being used to repair the LAV fleet, and keep them operational to the end of there life span. Why is it than that CBC is making it out to sound like Ottawa is instead purchasing new vehicles?

In the middle of a recession, with deficits balooning, and 400,000 dollars recently denied for the Pride festival in Toronto. CBC is doing its best to make the military out to look like the bad guys in this one.

They should have said, that if the money had not have been spent. Our boys would be getting orders from General RedGreen on how to keep a LAV operational during a combat mission, with the use of Duct Tape.

This is what the CBC said.

Of the $5 billion, roughly $1 billion will be spent on upgrading and repairing 550 LAV IIIs, with an option to upgrade 80 more.

The rest of the money will be spent on three new types of vehicles, including:

* 108 close-combat vehicles (with an option to buy 30 more) to work with the army's Leopard tanks.
    * 500 tactical armoured patrol vehicles (with an option to buy 100 more).
    * 13 force mobility enhancement vehicles (with an option to buy five more) to carry equipment such as plows and building materials.
    The usual dumbass comments followed

Comment

"close-combat vehicles..." "tactical armoured patrol vehicles..."

I'm no pro but I fancy I know the odd bit of jargon. I've never heard of these terms.

"force mobility enhancement vehicles"

In other words, an engineer vehicle?
      HD Ready?

Comment

flatbed trucks.

Comment

Originally posted by Officer of Engineers View Post
          flatbed trucks.
          HAHAHAHAHAHAHAHA!!!!!!!

I have to remember that one.

Euphemism gone mad. It's like "cripples" are now "differently abled." Booby traps are now "improvised explosive devices." Cops and robbers are now "law enforcement officers and suspects."

"tactical armoured patrol vehicles" ... let me guess...uparmored humvees?

Oh my...the list goes on...:))
          "Only Nixon can go to China." -- Old Vulcan proverb.

Comment

G-Wagon

Comment

Originally posted by Officer of Engineers View Post
              G-Wagon
              Hmmm...these guys don't look as intimidating as uparmored humvees.

Mercedes G-wagon - Add-on Armour - Afghanistan Patrols - Vehicle Vulnerability - Procurement Management - Vehicle Purchases - Government Military Contracts - Succession Planning - CASR Background

Aren't the huge glass windows a vulnerable spot?
              "Only Nixon can go to China." -- Old Vulcan proverb.

Comment

Freakin' awesome commercials, though.
                I enjoy being wrong too much to change my mind.

Comment

Working...
                X