Military Channel ?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Military Channel ?

Does anybody here have this? Is it worth getting?

I heard its like the History Channel but all military and military history. Sounds good to me lol :)

I have it. It's pretty good.

Lot of repeats though.

Comment

Originally posted by M21Sniper
      I have it. It's pretty good.

Lot of repeats though.
      I concur with this opinion, however I would recommend a cost benefit analysis, first how much would it cost to get this channel, second how much do you value having a relatively large amount of television programming on aspects of air, land, and sea warfare with a high degree of weekly repeats and old programs.

Comment

The one gripe I have is that the History Channel plays waaayyy too much stuff about D-day.
        "The right man in the wrong place can make all the difference in the world. So wake up, Mr. Freeman. Wake up and smell the ashes." G-Man

Comment

which d-day?

Comment

The one on June 6, 1944.
            "The right man in the wrong place can make all the difference in the world. So wake up, Mr. Freeman. Wake up and smell the ashes." G-Man

Comment

Ah, Overlord.

All US ops during WWII had a D-day. D-day means the first day of combat operations. ;)

Comment

True. Even in some of the German wartime novels I've read, they refer to the beginning of an operation as D-day.

Comment

Nowadays we use the term G-day to signify the start of an operation.

Comment

History Channel and Military Channel both have their good and bad points.
                    Back when I worked in the cable industry I was up on all that stuff, repeats, repurposed programming. Basically it boils to down money (surprise surprise!)
                    Fortunately, I haven't seen the History Channel replaying Weapons At War.
                    It's so irritating to watch programs that were produced in 1991 when all of the information is now horribly out of date.
                    For example, what good does it do the uninformed to broadcast a show bragging about weapons systems like they are still in service, when in fact they were taken out of service 10 years ago?
                    “He was the most prodigious personification of all human inferiorities. He was an utterly incapable, unadapted, irresponsible, psychopathic personality, full of empty, infantile fantasies, but cursed with the keen intuition of a rat or a guttersnipe. He represented the shadow, the inferior part of everybody’s personality, in an overwhelming degree, and this was another reason why they fell for him.”

Comment

They have some really good programs, the one about the WWII US Blackcat PBR night attack sqns was really informative, and the program about the Iwo Jima survivors returning to the island was very emotional.

Overall, i'd reccomend the channel.

Comment

Yes, once they cut out 90% of the Operation Overlord (D-day) programs.

Comment

Ill have to speak to my dad about this channel. I dont think its available in my area.

Comment

Originally posted by ChrisF202
                            Does anybody here have this? Is it worth getting?

I heard its like the History Channel but all military and military history. Sounds good to me lol :)
                            Didn't know there was a "Military Channel". All I have is the History Channel. :D

Tibbetts
                            War is the one constant in Human history. Too deny that, is too deny our vary nature. -- Me

Comment

Originally posted by Tibbetts
                              Didn't know there was a "Military Channel". All I have is the History Channel. :D
                              It used too Be discovery Wings but It's all Good Now.
                              A Great Channel covers every thing from land air and sea.

Comment

Working...
                              X