Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Baby Thrown Out of Car onto Highway

Tampa man sought in death of baby found on I-275 shoulder

TAMPA - A 4-month-old baby that police believe was thrown from a car was found dead on the shoulder of Interstate 275 this morning.

Police are searching for Richard Anthony McTear Jr., 21, the man suspected of throwing the infant onto the breakdown lane of southbound I-275 just past the Fowler Avenue exit, where a passing motorist found the baby.

Paramedics were unable to revive the baby, who was pronounced dead at 4:30 a.m.

"Just out of the corner of my eye, I thought I saw some trash on the side of the road. But the more I thought about it, I saw eyes," said Jason Bird, who found the infant while driving to work.

"It flipped me out, and I started shaking and said, 'It's a doll, a baby doll,' " Bird said.

It was no doll.

The Hillsborough County Sheriff's Office said the baby was Emanuel Wesley Murray, the son of 17-year-old Jasmine Bedwell of Tampa, who called police just after 3 a.m. to report a domestic dispute.

According to the sheriff's office, Bedwell told officers that McTear, her ex-boyfriend, had come to her apartment on North 15th Street, where he argued with her and battered her and her infant son. McTear is not the child's father, deputies said.

At one point during the argument, McTear threw the child to the concrete, according to the sheriff's office. McTear then took the baby and fled, investigators said. Details of the argument were not clear, deputies said.

Investigators have found the car McTear was driving at his home, 1601 E. River Cove St.

The two right lanes of southbound I-275 are closed at Fowler, and traffic is stalled between Bearss and Fowler avenues.

I couldn't believe this when I heard it on the news this morning. My co-workers and I have decided that when he is caught to throw him off an overpass into traffic...preferably a convoy of semi's!!
    “When the power of love overcomes the love of power, the world will know peace.” ~ Jimi Hendrix
    "No one can make you feel inferior without your consent." ~ Eleanor Roosevelt
    sigpic

This is why we need to learn how to string people up again. The crimes they commit these days is just unbelieveable so we need a justice system that provides for a way to deal with the most heinous of crimes. Sting the person up by their neck from an overpass with a sign hung on him for all to see. Just venting.
    Fortitude.....The strength to persist...The courage to endure.

Comment

I hope they find him..but not alive. Scum like that should not walk this earth.

Comment

Comment

He was arrested this morning. I was kind of hoping he had killed himself so we wouldn't have to waste taxpayers money on him! Piece of shit that he is!!

After searching for the suspect in the child's death, investigators placed 21-year-old Richard Anthony McTear Jr. in custody about 9:15 a.m. today. McTear was asked about the crime as he was led from a patrol car to the Hillsborough County Sheriff's Office's District 2 headquarters.

"It's a dirty game," McTear said. "It's a dirty game."
          A citizen who had seen news coverage on the incident contacted Tampa police and said McTear might be hiding in the Robles Park area. Officers went to 229 Stratford Ave. McTear ran out a door, and a foot chase began, Carter said. Deputies found McTear hiding in a backyard at 3803 Arlington Ave.

Tip leads authorities to suspect in baby's death
          “When the power of love overcomes the love of power, the world will know peace.” ~ Jimi Hendrix
          sigpic

Comment

Kick me off this site if you want but

The law does not apply here, this is nothing to do with race or religion. If the people in Tampa have any back bone or any sense of justice, then this guy will not make it to the court room. He needs to be terminated in the same way we would kill a wild dog that just killed a child or a wild Cat the kills a hiker. He needs to be wiped out swiftly and in such a way to send a message to everyone that they can not hide behind our crippled legal system of living their life out in a jail system where they are given more luxuries then most people living in other countries have. Some one, any one! Take him down and do it fast!
            Last edited by newengland; 05 May 09,, 19:35.

Comment

Originally posted by newengland View Post
              The law does not apply here, this is nothing to do with race or religion. If the people in Tampa have any back bone or any sense of justice, then this guy will not make it to the court room. He needs to be terminated in the same way we would kill a wild dog that just killed a child or a wild Cat the kills a hiker. He needs to be wiped out swiftly and in such a way to send a message to everyone that they can not hide behind our crippled legal system of living their life out in a jail system where they are given more luxuries then most people living in out countries have. Some one, any one! Take him down and do it fast!
              Oh believe me, from what I read of the comments for the article, there were many volunteers that would have loved to do him in. In situations like this the authorities should just their backs and let whatever happens...happen!
              sigpic

Comment

Throw him to the lions in prison, let the inmates dictate his fate.

Comment

Originally posted by Canmoore View Post
                  Throw him to the lions in prison, let the inmates dictate his fate.
                  A co-worker and I were talking about that today! Prisoners don't like child abusers! He'll get his justice!!!
                  sigpic

Comment

The law does not apply here, this is nothing to do with race or religion. If the people in Tampa have any back bone or any sense of justice, then this guy will not make it to the court room. He needs to be terminated in the same way we would kill a wild dog that just killed a child or a wild Cat the kills a hiker. He needs to be wiped out swiftly and in such a way to send a message to everyone that they can not hide behind our crippled legal system of living their life out in a jail system where they are given more luxuries then most people living in other countries have. Some one, any one! Take him down and do it fast!
                    What a load of crap, we give people trials to prove their guilt for a damn reason.
                    Last edited by troung; 06 May 09,, 00:50.
                    To sit down with these men and deal with them as the representatives of an enlightened and civilized people is to deride ones own dignity and to invite the disaster of their treachery - General Matthew Ridgway

Comment

I read that he assaulted his girlfriend and the baby before he took that child into the vehicle and then subsequently dumped that tiny little form on a street like garbage.
                      Welcome, you step into a forum of the flash bang, chew toy hell, and shove it down your throat brutal honesty. OoE

Comment

I got the creeps just thinking about that poor guy who saw the baby fall out. he said that he thought he saw eyes... i can imagine that the sight of seeing that dead baby will haunt him forever..

Soo ****ed up, this is the most disgusting thing I have ever heard in a long time. Makes me sick just thinking of it.

Comment

Originally posted by Debbie View Post
                          I read that he assaulted his girlfriend and the baby before he took that child into the vehicle and then subsequently dumped that tiny little form on a street like garbage.
                          Yeah...during their argument after slapping the mom he grabbed the car seat and threw it to the pavement. The baby fell out and he picked him up and got in his car.

On the radio this morning they were saying that he will be meeting with the judge today. We could easily spare a lot of tax payers monies and just have the judge issue the death penalty! They are considering the death penalty. Considering? Why waste their time in considering it...JUST FRY HIM!!!
                          sigpic

Comment

I was driving to MacDill AFB that morning and wondered why I-275 S was shutdown.

Interesting to note that the media person who first spotted the child on the highway called his TV station before calling 911. That begs an ethical question there, but I'm guessing he wanted his outfit to get the scoop before the call went out over the scanners.

Comment

[QUOTE=Red Seven;640691]I was driving to MacDill AFB that morning and wondered why I-275 S was shutdown.

Interesting to note that the media person who first spotted the child on the highway called his TV station before calling 911. That begs an ethical question there, but I'm guessing he wanted his outfit to get the scoop before the call went out over the scanners.[/QUOTE]

That is beyond ethics if the reports are true. To get a 'scoop' for his company is rather distasteful to say the least. Instinct should have told him to call for help first.

Comment

Working...
                              X