DC Area Get Together?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• DC Area Get Together?

I'll be in the DC area for the holidays and wanted to see if there was any interest in linking up sometime between Christmas and New Years.
    "So little pains do the vulgar take in the investigation of truth, accepting readily the first story that comes to hand." Thucydides 1.20.3

shek,

i believe this is the SECOND time i'm missing out-- but as i wrote in my underappreciated call for help in the pub, i'm going to be in VEGAS!
    There is a cult of ignorance in the United States, and there has always been. The strain of anti-intellectualism has been a constant thread winding its way through our political and cultural life, nurtured by the false notion that democracy means that "My ignorance is just as good as your knowledge."- Isaac Asimov

Comment

Originally posted by astralis View Post
      shek,

i believe this is the SECOND time i'm missing out-- but as i wrote in my underappreciated call for help in the pub, i'm going to be in VEGAS!
      You know,I'm sitting here in this wonderful Michigan 10F weather trying extremely hard to find some sympathy for your plight......
      "Every government degenerates when trusted to the rulers of the people alone. The people themselves, therefore, are its only safe depositories." Thomas Jefferson

Comment

shek,

Will you be back on the 2nd or the 3rd?
        "So little pains do the vulgar take in the investigation of truth, accepting readily the first story that comes to hand." Thucydides 1.20.3

Comment

shek,

unfortunately not-- i'm in vegas until the 28th and then northern california 28th-3rd. RTB is red-eye on the 5th...
          There is a cult of ignorance in the United States, and there has always been. The strain of anti-intellectualism has been a constant thread winding its way through our political and cultural life, nurtured by the false notion that democracy means that "My ignorance is just as good as your knowledge."- Isaac Asimov

Comment

shek,

Ah but , will you be ,,sinning

Comment

shek,

thought you were getting relocated to the puzzle palace?

Comment

tankie,

Ah but , will you be ,,sinning
                i plan on fulfulling four of the seven deadly sins, i will leave it to you to guess which ones

Comment

tankie,

i plan on fulfulling four of the seven deadly sins, i will leave it to you to guess which ones
                  Nopeeeeeeeeeee , cant think

Comment

tankie,

Sleepy, Dopey, Sneezy and Doc
                    “Loyalty to country ALWAYS. Loyalty to government, when it deserves it.”
                    Mark Twain

Comment

Originally posted by Albany Rifles View Post
                      Sleepy, Dopey, Sneezy and Doc
                      Groan:)

Try: Gluttony, Lust, Greed and Sloth

Comment

apparently those sins aren't unfamiliar to the two of you

Comment

Dammit, I will be able to drive a month from now. Too late.

Comment

shek,

thought you were getting relocated to the puzzle palace?
                            It has been sooooo long since I've heard that term! And puzzle palace it sure is! Took me an hour to get to my car the first time I was there! Yup...got lost!!! And forget about going to the basement!!!
                            “When the power of love overcomes the love of power, the world will know peace.” ~ Jimi Hendrix
                            "No one can make you feel inferior without your consent." ~ Eleanor Roosevelt
                            sigpic

Comment

tankie,

"I'm a fan of all 7."

-- Malcolm Reynolds, Serenity.
                              "Only Nixon can go to China." -- Old Vulcan proverb.

Comment

Working...
                              X