HELP! Naming the dog

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• HELP! Naming the dog

Its time. She is 9mo and I need to "officially" name the dog and get her papers sent in. I would like her call name (Mandalay) to be in the name. It would be nice if there could be something to do with the girls - someone on another board recommended Kenzie & Dharma's Mandalay as her name. In Mandalay, Burma there is a Buddhist statue called Maha Muni. Since I am Buddhist, something around that would be cute.

I just dont know and I am not coming up with anything on my own and if left up to mini me we are going to end up a dog registered with AKC named after a Barbie doll!!

It is sometimes customary to take the name of the dam and sire and use them in their name, but he was named "Bear" and, well, with a baby named Dharma and a dog named Mandalay, you can imagine that the name "Bear" is just too common for my taste.

So this is where I am at:
    I like the word and thought of Karma,
    I like the idea of having the kids names in there somehow (even if it is a word recreated from the letters of their name) Mackenzie and Dharma,
    Mandalay needs to be in the registered name,
    A buddhist reference would be cool.

Obviously it does not have to include all of the above.

Anyone?

I will pay 8 gazillion USD if someone can come up with something. (Paid out at USD$1/year for the next 8 gazillion years not adjusted for inflation, of course):P
    "To dream of the person you would like to be is to waste the person you are."-Sholem Asch

"I always turn to the sports page first, which records people's accomplishments. The front page has nothing but man's failures."-Earl Warren

"I didn't intend for this to take on a political tone. I'm just here for the drugs."-Nancy Reagan, when asked a political question at a "Just Say No" rally

"He no play-a da game, he no make-a da rules."-Earl Butz, on the Pope's attitude toward birth control

How about these?

Mahek
    Izabelle
    Aeshan
    Question everything, answer nothing.

Comment

Dinner

Comment

I've always liked Telogen Effluvium, failing that Flatulence works well and can be shortened to the diminutive 'Flatus'.
        In the realm of spirit, seek clarity; in the material world, seek utility.

Leibniz

Comment

Call the dog OM

"Some have learnt many Tricks of sly Evasion, Instead of Truth they use Equivocation, And eke it out with mental Reservation, Which is to good Men an Abomination."

I don't have to attend every argument I'm invited to.

HAKUNA MATATA

Comment

The vibration produced by chanting Om in the physical universe corresponds to the original vibration that first arose at the time of creation. The sound of Om is also called Pranava, meaning that it sustains life and runs through Prana or breath. Om also represents the four states of the Supreme Being. The three sounds in Om (AUM) represent the waking, dream and deep sleep states and the silence which surrounds Om represents the "Turiya" state.

Because the first of the three states of consciousness is the waking state, it is represented by the sound "A" pronounced like "A" in accounting. Because the dream state of consciousness lies between the waking and the deep sleep states, it is represented by the letter "U" which lies between the "A" and "M". This "U" is pronounced like the "U" in would. The last state of consciousness is the deep sleep state and is represented by "M" pronounced as in "sum." This closes the pronunciation of Om just as deep sleep is the final stage of the mind at rest. Whenever Om is recited in succession there is an inevitable period of silence between two successive Oms. This silence represents the "fourth state" known as "Turiya" which is the state of perfect bliss when the individual self recognizes his identity with the supreme.

"Some have learnt many Tricks of sly Evasion, Instead of Truth they use Equivocation, And eke it out with mental Reservation, Which is to good Men an Abomination."

I don't have to attend every argument I'm invited to.

HAKUNA MATATA

Comment

Barf!!

Comment

Originally posted by Officer of Engineers View Post
                Dinner
                Sheeesh...first the wallaby...now the dog!
                “When the power of love overcomes the love of power, the world will know peace.” ~ Jimi Hendrix
                "No one can make you feel inferior without your consent." ~ Eleanor Roosevelt
                sigpic

Comment

Originally posted by Officer of Engineers View Post
                  Dinner
                  Supper is a trifle better.

ps: I'm still vegetarian.

Comment

Originally posted by Samudra View Post
                    Supper is a trifle better.
                    That's my dog. Actually my father's dog long since gone ... no, we didn't eat him but it was a running joke. My girlfriend at the time actually took the puppy and ran. I still remember my father's face when he told her his name straight face.

Originally posted by Samudra View Post
                    ps: I'm still vegetarian.
                    So, still steaming vegetables alive, I see.

Comment

My uncle had a dog named Mutt, which means mole in estonian lang., because the dog was a serious digger.
                      If i only was so smart yesterday as my wife is today

Minding your own biz is great virtue, but situation awareness saves lives - Dok

Comment

I dont think I made myself clear....I need the goofy registered name.

Examples:

There is a beagle named Kowtowns Highspeed Chase, they call him Chase

mini-pin named Kimros Toy Soldier, they call him Soldier

doberman named Cambrias Victorias Secret called Vicki

beagle named K-runs Park Me In First called uno

and on and on.....
                        "To dream of the person you would like to be is to waste the person you are."-Sholem Asch

"I always turn to the sports page first, which records people's accomplishments. The front page has nothing but man's failures."-Earl Warren

"I didn't intend for this to take on a political tone. I'm just here for the drugs."-Nancy Reagan, when asked a political question at a "Just Say No" rally

"He no play-a da game, he no make-a da rules."-Earl Butz, on the Pope's attitude toward birth control

Comment

Mandalay of KenDha
                          sigpicFEAR NAUGHT

Should raw analytical data ever be passed to policy makers?

Comment

Originally posted by T_igger_cs_30 View Post
                            Mandalay of KenDha
                            now THATS the kind of thing I was looking for...and I actually kinda like that!! :))

Comment

What's in a name?

Originally posted by Parihaka View Post
                              I've always liked Telogen Effluvium, failing that Flatulence works well and can be shortened to the diminutive 'Flatus'.
                              On a similar vein I had a dog named Shed. When we got him as a puppy the only thing he would answer to was Sh*thead! We couldn't very well run up and down the neighborhood yelling, "Here Sh*thead, here Sh*thead!", so we named him Shed for short. A great dog, Shed lived to the ripe old age of 17! :))

Years later I was trying to get extracted from what was euphamistically referred to as "a less than friendly" nation. In order to prove my identity they called my father and asked him to provide a question only I would know. The question was, "What was your dog's name and what was it short for?". As I climbed on the bird the crew chief said, "Sir, you really didn't name your dog Sh*thead did you?". I told him it was a long story and I'd explain later. :))
                              Reddite igitur quae sunt Caesaris Caesari et quae sunt Dei Deo
                              (Render therefore unto Caesar the things which are Caesar's and unto God the things which are God's)

Comment

Working...
                              X