Olympics fireworks faked

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Olympics fireworks faked

Looks like some of the fireworks during the opening ceremony of the Olympics were faked for TV.

Part of Olympic display altered in broadcast - Gadgets - MSNBC.com

yea i,ve read that on yahoo today, either way, i looked very cool, at least those who couldn,t be there in person, saw something that ppl who were there didn,t see.

it looked amasing on hd
    Last edited by omon; 12 Aug 08,, 05:05.
    "Democracy is two wolves and a lamb voting on what to have for lunch. Liberty is a well-armed lamb contesting the vote!" B. Franklin

Comment

I read it too.

Notwithstanding, spectacular!

"Some have learnt many Tricks of sly Evasion, Instead of Truth they use Equivocation, And eke it out with mental Reservation, Which is to good Men an Abomination."

I don't have to attend every argument I'm invited to.

HAKUNA MATATA

Comment

I actually got bored with the cermony. The 2008 drummers were okay, but the rest was just one huge ballet ceremony.

However, I did feel sorry for those young Chinese girls dressed in white cheerleader dresses going through the same steps and clapping of hands as each country marched out.

"Mai Ling. How many more countries to go?" (cross step right, cross step left, keep hands clapping at one clap per second. Keep smiling)

"About 50 more." (cross step left, cross step right, keep hands clapping at one clap per second. Keep smiling).

(an hour later)

"Mae Wong. How many more countries to go?" (cross step right, cross step left, keep hands clapping at one clap per second. Keep smiling)

"I don't know, somebody said 10 to 15, BEFORE we get to China." (cross step right, cross step left, keep hands clapping at one clap per second. Keep smiling)
        Able to leap tall tales in a single groan.

Comment

:))

True that must have been real tough on them, but yet, China tried its best!

And it was not all that bad! ;)

"Some have learnt many Tricks of sly Evasion, Instead of Truth they use Equivocation, And eke it out with mental Reservation, Which is to good Men an Abomination."

HAKUNA MATATA

Comment

I mate of mine has a theory that the eime to bail out of any sort of 'ceremony/spectacular' like this is the moment you spot a bunch of kids running around in tracksuits, leotards and/or waving flags/ribbons etc.

I think this is a principle to live by personally.:))
            sigpic

Win nervously lose tragically - Reds C C

Comment

Either way, it looked fantastic and was well edited.

Comment

Footprints were ture. Girls were tired.:))

This vidio taken by citizen:

http://player.youku.com/player.php/s...NjM4NzI=/v.swf

This taken by someone:
                Attached Files
                Last edited by Tomluter; 13 Aug 08,, 10:39.

Comment

BBC NEWS | World | Asia-Pacific | China Olympic ceremony star mimed

A pretty girl who won national fame after singing at the opening ceremony of the Olympic Games was only miming.
                  But the singer was Yang Peiyi, who was not allowed to appear because she is not as "flawless" as nine-year-old Lin.

The show's musical director said Lin was used because it was in the best interests of the country.

The revelation follows news that a fireworks display used during the opening ceremony was apparently faked.
                  :P

I hope you guys feel like suckers for falling for this ceremony, cos I know I didn't. (nah I'm being too cruel)

This is what I meant by when I said the whole thing seems really fake. Like the North Korean mass games.

Eastern Propoganda is always a good laugh, whatever the form.

Comment

Originally posted by Tomluter View Post
                    Footprints were ture. Girls were tired.:))

This taken by someone:
                    Very interesting photo. The male emergency medics are not Asian and the young lady carrying the cheerleader isn't either. As a matter of fact, she looks like she may have been one of the atheletes that saw the girl starting to collapse from fatigue.

Now THAT is International, non-political, non-racial, non-sectarian and true humanitarian cooperation. Too bad there isn't more of that in this world.
                    Able to leap tall tales in a single groan.

Comment

Originally posted by RustyBattleship View Post
                      Now THAT is International, non-political, non-racial, non-sectarian and true humanitarian cooperation. Too bad there isn't more of that in this world.
                      Well it's not like they were just gonna stand there.

Comment

Originally posted by King Six View Post
                        BBC NEWS | World | Asia-Pacific | China Olympic ceremony star mimed
                        :P

I hope you guys feel like suckers for falling for this ceremony, cos I know I didn't. (nah I'm being too cruel)

This is what I meant by when I said the whole thing seems really fake. Like the North Korean mass games.

Eastern Propoganda is always a good laugh, whatever the form.
                        Being British and colonial masters of the East, you should have been boned up that the East is not one whole mass of aliens descended from some other planet!! Therefore, there is nothing like "Eastern propaganda".

"Eastern propaganda" maybe a good laugh, but the "Western propaganda" is genuine propaganda, disinformation and blatant falsehood!

Indeed, we are the suckers. We fall for it!

HAKUNA MATATA

Comment

Originally posted by Ray View Post
                          Being British and colonial masters of the East, you should have been boned up that the East is not one whole mass of aliens descended from some other planet!! Therefore, there is nothing like "Eastern propaganda".

"Eastern propaganda" maybe a good laugh, but the "Western propaganda" is genuine propaganda, disinformation and blatant falsehood!

Indeed, we are the suckers. We fall for it!
                          When I mean Eastern I mean the former USSR/Eastern Europe/China/Commie style East. As in the Eastern Bloc, not the Eastern World.

Western Propaganda can be stupid too, but generally speaking the more free countries have media that are on both sides of the political spectrum so it doesn't stand out as much as there's always counters to everything

Eastern Propoganda is blatant and obvious and yet it doesn't care that it's blatant and obvious, that's what makes it so funny. Over here they try to be more subtle, over there it's a different cup of... chai

Comment

Well, I don't understand why China couldn't have just used a UAV instead to film the ceremony. Though an aircraft crash is still an aircraft crash.

Wonder if anyone in the surrounding buildings recorded the fireworks?

Comment

Originally posted by RustyBattleship View Post
                              However, I did feel sorry for those young Chinese girls dressed in white cheerleader dresses going through the same steps and clapping of hands as each country marched out.
                              In high heels....in high heels. These girls all deserve a medal for what they've done.
                              Those who can't change become extinct.

Comment

Working...
                              X