• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Bullet Proof Bra

Germany hails 'bullet-proof bra'

By Tristana Moore
    BBC News, Berlin

It is being dubbed the new "bullet-proof bra", a new kind of Wonderbra which could help protect thousands of women police officers here in Germany.

It may sound like a joke, but this is a serious matter - the policewoman who came up with the idea said normal bras can be dangerous when worn in combination with a bullet-proof vest.

"The impact of a bullet can push the metal and plastic bits of the bra into an officer's body, causing serious injury," said Carmen Kibat, an adviser on equal opportunities for the Hamburg-based Bundespolizei - Germany's federal police force.

"I always thought normal bras posed a safety risk and I wanted to change that," she said.

"These new bras are very important and they will help all our women officers."

Dozens of German policewomen have already tested the new bras and, after a two-month long trial, the underwear is being issued to officers as part of their uniform.

Under a vest

So what do the new bras look like?

Well, looking similar to sports bras, the new bras are white, made from cotton or polyester and padded. They also have the word "Police" printed at the bottom.

Crucially, though, the bras do not have any under-wire or fastener made out of metal or plastic.

These new bras represent pioneering work
    Ruediger Carstens
    Bundespolizei spokesman

From now on, women police officers will be allowed to pick three bras from a range of designs, varying in size and style.

"These new bras represent pioneering work," said Ruediger Carstens, a spokesman for the Bundespolizei. "It shows that the safety of our officers is a top priority."

In all, more than 3,000 front-line women police officers across Germany are being encouraged to wear the new bras on duty.

So that includes female officers deployed at airports, train stations, or those deployed at border crossings.

But at the end of the day, it is up to each individual officer to decide whether she will go for the latest "bullet-proof" lingerie - a police spokesman was keen to point out that the new bras "are optional".

Story from BBC NEWS:
    BBC NEWS | Europe | Germany hails 'bullet-proof bra'

Published: 2008/08/04 18:21:20 GMT

© BBC MMVIII
    BBC NEWS | Europe | Germany hails 'bullet-proof bra'
    Welcome, you step into a forum of the flash bang, chew toy hell, and shove it down your throat brutal honesty. OoE

If it's put on the correct way (Debbie!!) it may work

Comment

Originally posted by dave lukins View Post
      If it's put on the correct way (Debbie!!) it may work

Pointy things in front Lukins!
      Welcome, you step into a forum of the flash bang, chew toy hell, and shove it down your throat brutal honesty. OoE

Comment

Originally posted by Debbie View Post
        Pointy things in front Lukins!
        I won't reply on that one dear heart
        Last edited by dave lukins; 05 Aug 08,, 19:41.

Comment

The busten halter continues to evolve - thanks to the armed criminal fraternity?
          Semper in excretum. Solum profunda variat.

Comment

from the title, i thought female cops get shot in the b o o b s more than anywhere else. my bad,
            "Democracy is two wolves and a lamb voting on what to have for lunch. Liberty is a well-armed lamb contesting the vote!" B. Franklin

Comment

Originally posted by glyn View Post
              The busten halter continues to evolve - thanks to the armed criminal fraternity?
              It simply looks like a sportbra, designed to pretty much well flatten the pointy things on a womans top. Add to that it probably weighs up a bit so that means it is heavy which relates to non breathable and yucky.

Comment

Protection against bullets, good. Protection against my hands, not good.

Comment

Originally posted by Mobbme View Post
                  Protection against bullets, good. Protection against my hands, not good.
                  You might watch to get a toe proof crotch pad then.

Comment

So the first thing I thought of upon reading the article...Wonder Woman. Remember how she would fend off bullets with her wrist things? At least I think it was her!? Could you picture her doing that with her b00bs? Ah...yeah! ;)
                    Attached Files
                    “When the power of love overcomes the love of power, the world will know peace.” ~ Jimi Hendrix
                    "No one can make you feel inferior without your consent." ~ Eleanor Roosevelt
                    sigpic

Comment

Originally posted by Southie View Post
                      So the first thing I thought of upon reading the article...Wonder Woman. Remember how she would fend off bullets with her wrist things? At least I think it was her!? Could you picture her doing that with her b00bs? Ah...yeah! ;)

Comment

So the first thing I thought of upon reading the article...Wonder Woman.
                        Goodness gracious I'd nearly forgotten how well Linda Carter filled out that...uniform.
                        “He was the most prodigious personification of all human inferiorities. He was an utterly incapable, unadapted, irresponsible, psychopathic personality, full of empty, infantile fantasies, but cursed with the keen intuition of a rat or a guttersnipe. He represented the shadow, the inferior part of everybody’s personality, in an overwhelming degree, and this was another reason why they fell for him.”

Comment

Originally posted by TopHatter View Post
                          Goodness gracious I'd nearly forgotten how well Linda Carter filled out that...uniform.
                          Is that underarm hair I see and stretch marks on the b00bs?

Comment

Originally posted by Debbie View Post
                            Is that underarm hair I see and stretch marks on the b00bs?
                            But she does look good!
                            “When the power of love overcomes the love of power, the world will know peace.” ~ Jimi Hendrix
                            "No one can make you feel inferior without your consent." ~ Eleanor Roosevelt
                            sigpic

Comment

But she does look good!
                              Depends where one looks.....

Comment

Working...
                              X