• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Man divorced by both wives at same time

Man divorced by both wives at same time - Weird news - MSNBC.com

Man divorced by both wives at same time
    ‘They are like good friends,’ Malaysian Muslim man says of women

KUALA LUMPUR, Malaysia - When Roslan Ngah took a second wife, he might have wondered if she would get along with his first.

He need not have worried. The two women got along so well they decided to leave him at the same time.

Faced with their united stand, Roslan, a 44-year-old Malaysian Muslim, divorced his two wives, aged 46 and 35, in an Islamic Shariah Court in northeastern Terengganu state on Tuesday, a lawyer said Wednesday.

According to Islamic law, a woman can submit a request to leave her husband, but the pronouncement of divorce must come from the man or a court. Islam allows a man to have four wives.

Salwa Mansor, the second wife's lawyer, said the wives cited irreconcilable differences and other complaints.

'They are like good friends'
    The Star daily quoted Roslan as saying that he was aware his two wives had become close over the years.

"They are like good friends but I never imagined that both of them had collectively decided to divorce me," Roslan was quoted him as saying. "I never expected our marriages to end in this manner."

Roslan has four children with his first wife and two with his second.

Roslan reportedly said he would marry again, "God willing."

"If my fate says so, I have no qualms and this time I hope that my marriage will last forever," The Star quoted him as saying.
    I idolize this man. I have trouble keeping one gf, and this guy had two wives

Roslan reportedly said he would marry again, "God willing."
    And he's an optimist!
    Reddite igitur quae sunt Caesaris Caesari et quae sunt Dei Deo
    (Render therefore unto Caesar the things which are Caesar's and unto God the things which are God's)

Comment

Originally posted by sappersgt View Post
      And he's an optimist!
      Maybe he's just deranged.:)
      Semper in excretum. Solum profunda variat.

Comment

Why in Gods name would you want two of them?
        In the realm of spirit, seek clarity; in the material world, seek utility.

Leibniz

Comment

Nothing lasts forever
          Welcome, you step into a forum of the flash bang, chew toy hell, and shove it down your throat brutal honesty. OoE

Comment

Originally posted by Debbie View Post
            Nothing lasts forever
            Sometimes it just feels that way!
            Reddite igitur quae sunt Caesaris Caesari et quae sunt Dei Deo
            (Render therefore unto Caesar the things which are Caesar's and unto God the things which are God's)

Comment

Originally posted by Debbie View Post
              Nothing lasts forever
              Tell me when it ends

Comment

Originally posted by Officer of Engineers View Post
                Tell me when it ends
                You are paying for sins in your former life, it will never end for you.
                Welcome, you step into a forum of the flash bang, chew toy hell, and shove it down your throat brutal honesty. OoE

Comment

Moral of the story: don't date an ex-girlfriend's best friend.

Comment

Originally posted by Parihaka View Post
                    Why in Gods name would you want two of them?
                    My first wife was a Mormon. According to her, when The Church of the Latter Day Saints (Mormons) was first started, a man was allowed to have up to 5 wives.

However, the first wife was THE wife and she had to give her approval for other wives. You see, in those days, it was hard for one wife to take care of all the household chores, shoot mountain lions and ward off Indians (as Daniel Boone's wife supposedly did). So follow on wives had to have expertise in some of the other household necessities such as cooking, sewing, log splitting, etc.

The man would be out in the fields swatting locusts (in the movie of Brigham Young they used coffee beans to simulate locusts) and waiting for seagulls to come for a great feast. Or he was hunting for protein in their diet (deer, bear, wild pig, antelope, racoon, etc.). Or fishing (what a chore THAT was. Only brine shrimp in the Great Salt Lake). He was to tend the fields, build the log cabin, stand guard duty at the fort, etc.

So, by their reasoning, the more the better (or merrier) to have 3 to 5 women in the house.

IF he could afford them. THAT was the only restriction besides the laws of Illinois that got them kicked out in the first place and the laws of Utah after it became a state.

In Muslim societies however, I don't know if such pre-requisites are part of the wife selection process. But under strenuous circomstances (such as fixing your AK-47 or learning how to shoot an RPG or just harvesting corn) it sort of makes sense.

My wife is up in Utah for a week. Already I miss having some female help around the house. I'm a lousy cook, the dishes are stacking up, the cat is hungry and if Kari Byron of "Mythbusters" (an exceptionally cute rehead that handles a .357 Magnum like a pro) stopped by for a few days I would have absolutely no objection at all. That is if she knows how to use a caulking gun so we can fix our broken driveway gate.
                    Able to leap tall tales in a single groan.

Comment

Originally posted by RustyBattleship View Post
                      However, the first wife was THE wife and she had to give her approval for other wives. You see, in those days, it was hard for one wife to take care of all the household chores, shoot mountain lions and ward off Indians (as Daniel Boone's wife supposedly did). So follow on wives had to have expertise in some of the other household necessities such as cooking, sewing, log splitting, etc.

The man would be out in the fields swatting locusts (in the movie of Brigham Young they used coffee beans to simulate locusts) and waiting for seagulls to come for a great feast. Or he was hunting for protein in their diet (deer, bear, wild pig, antelope, racoon, etc.). Or fishing (what a chore THAT was. Only brine shrimp in the Great Salt Lake). He was to tend the fields, build the log cabin, stand guard duty at the fort, etc.

So, by their reasoning, the more the better (or merrier) to have 3 to 5 women in the house.

IF he could afford them.
                      That's the reason for polygamy in old China. That and men die in wars but are otherwise easier to replace than women. One man can impregnate dozens of women at a time but a woman can carry only a single child to term at any given time.
                      "Only Nixon can go to China." -- Old Vulcan proverb.

Comment

We would like to offer Brinda Karat to any man from China,

Comment

it seems he saved his a$$ from them.
                          sigpicaction speaks louder than words

Comment

I don't see anything bad in his intention of remarriage. It's better than having unlawful intercourse outside the wedlock.

Why should we have a problem if he can maintain another wife in whatever age he is?

Comment

Originally posted by Adil Memon View Post
                              I don't see anything bad in his intention of remarriage. It's better than having unlawful intercourse outside the wedlock.

You may think it better. Many will disagree.

Why should we have a problem if he can maintain another wife in whatever age he is?
                              Because polygamy is found in primitive societies. A wife should be an equal partner, not a chattel!
                              Semper in excretum. Solum profunda variat.

Comment

Working...
                              X