Canadian apology to US of A

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Canadian apology to US of A

A truly Canadian Apology to the USA... Courtesy of Rick Mercer from This Hour Has 22 Minutes, CBC Television:

On behalf of Canadians everywhere I'd like to offer an apology to the United States of America. We haven't been getting along very well recently and for that, I am truly sorry.

I'm sorry we called George Bush a Mensa candidate. He is a Mensa candidate (I know, we had to check that out twice too) but, it wasn't nice of us to point it out. If it's any consolation, the fact that he's a Mensa candidate shouldn't reflect poorly on the people of America. After all it's not like you actually elected him.

I'm sorry about our softwood lumber. Just because we have more trees than you doesn't give us the right to sell you lumber that's cheaper and better than your own.

I'm sorry we beat you in Olympic hockey. In our defence I guess our excuse would be that our team was much, much, much, much better than yours.

I'm sorry we burnt down your White House during the war of 1812. I notice you've rebuilt it! It's Very Nice.

I'm sorry about your beer. I know we had nothing to do with your beer but, we feel your pain.

I'm sorry about our waffling on Iraq. I mean, when you're going up against a crazed dictator, you want to have your friends by your side. I realize it took more than two years before you guys pitched in against Hitler, but that was different. Everyone then actually knew he had weapons.

And finally on behalf of all Canadians, I'm sorry that we're constantly apologizing for things in a passive-aggressive way which is really a thinly veiled criticism. I sincerely hope that you're not upset over this. We've seen what you do to countries you get upset with (hell, it’s tough enough being your “friend”)

Edited to add - the above should be credited to "This Hour Has 22 Minutes"

Originally posted by steven lloyd View Post
    A truly Canadian Apology to the USA... Courtesy of Rick Mercer from This Hour Has 22 Minutes, CBC Television:

On behalf of Canadians everywhere I'd like to offer an apology to the United States of America. We haven't been getting along very well recently and for that, I am truly sorry.

I'm sorry we called George Bush a Mensa candidate. He is a Mensa candidate (I know, we had to check that out twice too) but, it wasn't nice of us to point it out. If it's any consolation, the fact that he's a Mensa candidate shouldn't reflect poorly on the people of America. After all it's not like you actually elected him.

I'm sorry about our softwood lumber. Just because we have more trees than you doesn't give us the right to sell you lumber that's cheaper and better than your own.

I'm sorry we beat you in Olympic hockey. In our defence I guess our excuse would be that our team was much, much, much, much better than yours.

I'm sorry we burnt down your White House during the war of 1812. I notice you've rebuilt it! It's Very Nice.

I'm sorry about your beer. I know we had nothing to do with your beer but, we feel your pain.

I'm sorry about our waffling on Iraq. I mean, when you're going up against a crazed dictator, you want to have your friends by your side. I realize it took more than two years before you guys pitched in against Hitler, but that was different. Everyone then actually knew he had weapons.

And finally on behalf of all Canadians, I'm sorry that we're constantly apologizing for things in a passive-aggressive way which is really a thinly veiled criticism. I sincerely hope that you're not upset over this. We've seen what you do to countries you get upset with (hell, it’s tough enough being your “friend”)

Edited to add - the above should be credited to "This Hour Has 22 Minutes"

Comment

Does this mean you'll take Celine Dion back???
      "Every government degenerates when trusted to the rulers of the people alone. The people themselves, therefore, are its only safe depositories." Thomas Jefferson

Comment

Originally posted by steven lloyd View Post
        YouTube - Scoring Beaver

:)) :)) :))
        Last edited by GAU-8; 17 Mar 08,, 01:47.

Comment

Originally posted by Shamus View Post
          Does this mean you'll take Celine Dion back???
          Sigh. I guess if that means we can be friends

Comment

Can't we send her to Iran?

Comment

Funny
              Welcome, you step into a forum of the flash bang, chew toy hell, and shove it down your throat brutal honesty. OoE

Comment

OoE, Steven... Tell me, is Canadian beer over-hyped or did I miss one? Got anything better then a Corona? ;) (btw, with that, I mean, got any "everyday" beers; have tried some of your exclusive stuff, and its good.)
                Last edited by Tronic; 17 Mar 08,, 04:12.
                Cow is the only animal that not only inhales oxygen, but also exhales it.
                -Rekha Arya, Former Minister of Animal Husbandry

Comment

Corona? Why the hell you want water for? I like Keiths but barring that, ie at the Legion, Molson Dry, Canadian, Labatt Blue in that order.

Comment

You know that you have a drinking problem when you take the advertising slogan "Drink Canada Dry" as a personal challenge.
                    “He was the most prodigious personification of all human inferiorities. He was an utterly incapable, unadapted, irresponsible, psychopathic personality, full of empty, infantile fantasies, but cursed with the keen intuition of a rat or a guttersnipe. He represented the shadow, the inferior part of everybody’s personality, in an overwhelming degree, and this was another reason why they fell for him.”

Comment

Why drink some pale colored crap when Guinness is available??

Comment

Originally posted by Officer of Engineers View Post
                        Corona? Why the hell you want water for? I like Keiths but barring that, ie at the Legion, Molson Dry, Canadian, Labatt Blue in that order.
                        Sir, Molson Dry?? All I can say is; flavourless, Bitter on the way down, but nil flavour. And hehe, you're right on the Corona sir; but then it should be taken considering it as a light beer. (Don't get what the point of a "light" version of Corona is; THAT is water.. :)) ) And Labatt too is not that great. Out of your list, I'd say Canadian (the lager) should be at the top. Though, haven't tried Legion; and must admit, haven't heard of it either.
                        Cow is the only animal that not only inhales oxygen, but also exhales it.
                        -Rekha Arya, Former Minister of Animal Husbandry

Comment

Guiness, enough said.

Comment

Guiness, Its good for you
                            Attached Files
                            Last edited by bolo121; 17 Mar 08,, 11:00.
                            For Gallifrey! For Victory! For the end of time itself!!

Comment

Originally posted by Tronic View Post
                              Sir, Molson Dry?? All I can say is; flavourless, Bitter on the way down, but nil flavour.
                              It's a nice beer to go with a steak. Doesn't overpower the steak.

And hehe, you're right on the Corona sir; but then it should be taken considering it as a light beer. (Don't get what the point of a "light" version of Corona is; THAT is water.. :)) ) And Labatt too is not that great. Out of your list, I'd say Canadian (the lager) should be at the top.
                              Ok, you're in Toronto. Not Smalltown, Ontario. In fact, you won't find Corona, Sol, or any of the micro breweries in places like Lanark. They just don't sell. That means Molson and Labatt prodicts.

Though, haven't tried Legion; and must admit, haven't heard of it either.
                              THE ROYAL CANADIAN LEGION / La Légion royale canadienne

Comment

Working...
                              X