Brett Favre Retires

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Brett Favre Retires

It's a dark day in Green Bay and across the world for Packer fans everywhere. Celebrating the greatness of this great quarterback who gave us sixteen incredible seasons must be weighed against the great loss that will be felt throughout the Packer community-particularly in Wisconsin.

He was a great and honest representative of football and all it's meant to those of us who've played and to all who've felt the same exhilaration by watching him play. Exuberant and child-like, he attacked the game with a ferocity and passion rarely seen anywhere but on full display for us.

I'll miss him deeply come this fall. Things just won't seem the same for this Packer fan. Not since Bart Starr's retirement (my hero as a child) have I felt so badly for the green & gold.

Thanks for the many memories, Brett. Good luck to your family and you.

Go Packers.
    "This aggression will not stand, man!" Jeff Lebowski
    "The only true currency in this bankrupt world is what you share with someone else when you're uncool." Lester Bangs

As you can tell from my location, I'm a Bears fan, but I love Brett Favre!!!
    He has always been so great to watch!! A lot of people might remember him as a quarterback with the most passing yards, touchdown passes, or consecutive game, but I like to remember his as a quarterback who loved the game and not the money.!
    I mean, how many quarterback would go "Toe-to-Toe" in a shoving match with a defensive tackle, or end?!
    Also, how many quarterbacks would use themselves as a blocker for other teammates down field!?

I will miss him!!

Comment

For he's a jolly good fella!

Comment

We should move this up again, since he retired again. We'll see if he stays retired this time, or comes back.

Comment

Originally posted by Herodotus View Post
          We should move this up again, since he retired again. We'll see if he stays retired this time, or comes back.
          He might retire from comebacks.
          "Only Nixon can go to China." -- Old Vulcan proverb.

Comment

Originally posted by gunnut View Post
            He might retire from comebacks.
            roflzzz

Comment

Man, it wasn't his fault the way the last 4 games went. I wish he'd come back one more year.

It was an honour watching this guy play,

oh well,

Cheers on your retirement captain! :)

Comment

He's done for good now IMO.

Comment

Done

Yeah. He's done, and like too many others, he waited a year too long. If his rationale is correct that his body's given out-particularly his arm-then Green Bay would have made a late summer change to bring him back at the level he played and face the same ol' bugaboo again.

We made the correct move when he bailed last March. We had to move on and so we did. The results- maybe not the next Favre but a kid that showed real skills when it seems finding a starting quarterback in the NFL may be the single-hardest job to place in America.

I'm sorry for him. The relationship with the fans in Green Bay will never be quite the same, I believe. Last summer will be remembered badly.
                  "This aggression will not stand, man!" Jeff Lebowski
                  "The only true currency in this bankrupt world is what you share with someone else when you're uncool." Lester Bangs

Comment

Working...
                  X