• Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Have a Question....Ask

Sir, Sirs
    What can you tell me about:

1)12th Marine Division (Vietnam)
    2)Hawk Missle Battalion

Any information is greatly appreciated as this concerns family.
    Fortitude.....The strength to persist...The courage to endure.

Dreadnought Reply

I can tell you w/ confidence that the Marine Corps have never fielded twelve divisions or a division numbered 12.

What do you need to know about HAWK-composition, assignments/attachments of marine HAWK battalions? The marines may have had one at Da Nang or Phu Bai. Could you elaborate a bit?
    "This aggression will not stand, man!" Jeff Lebowski
    "The only true currency in this bankrupt world is what you share with someone else when you're uncool." Lester Bangs

Comment

US Marine Corps Fields 4 Divisions as part of its global warfighting doctrine.

First MarDiv (California)
      Second MarDiv (North Carolina)
      Third MarDiv (Okinawa)

These are Active Duty Divisions with Fourth MarDiv being Active Reserve.

Fifth and Sixth Marine Divisions were deactivated after Vietnam and WWII, respectively.
      As far as "12 Marine Division" goes - maybe you were confusing it with 12 Marine Regiment, which is an artillery battalion (part of 3rd MarDiv).

Let me know if you need more info on this.

As far as the Hawk missile battalion - I am clueless but, your question did spark my curiosity so I found this very interesting site with some good first-hand stuff.

U.S. Army Hawk Missile in Okinawa
      Last edited by Walking Dead; 26 Feb 08,, 07:59.

Comment

I see the 12th Marines regimental H.Q. in Okinawa w/ one battalion. Don't know but I'd guess that a couple of more might be in Iraq.
        "This aggression will not stand, man!" Jeff Lebowski
        "The only true currency in this bankrupt world is what you share with someone else when you're uncool." Lester Bangs

Comment

Working...
        X