Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• To clear things up - Mark 2

Feanor was an honorable enemy.

He said, among other things: "As many of you know I've made a statement that was poorly worded. What I said was that America was my enemy. What I meant to say was that the American government is my enemy. My apologies to those who mistook my statement as a personal message to every single American on this board. However the U.S. government (no matter how willing it is to pay or not pay for my education) is still my enemy. And if my enemy is willing to hand me the weapon to fight him with, I'll take, say thank you, and keep fighting. Again my apologies to those who mistook my statement as hateful of Americans."

I accept his apology. While I suspect that he did not particularly like many Americans, he is and was a Russian nationalist. I have had the privilige of knowing more than a few of them over the years. While I do not know Feanor personally and I may be projecting some traits of other Russian nationalists upon him, I think it is safe to say that he is an honorable enemy. I fought his type for twenty years. I consider my part in defeating him and his comrades not only worthwhile, but among the most worthy endeavours any fighting man has ever undertaken. I take great joy in the victory that we in the west won over Soviet Communism and the Russians who practiced that particular brand of totalitarianism. Never the less, Feanor, and many others like him waged war honorably. I truely think he does not like us or our way of life. He does not like the freedoms we hold dear. Instead, he prefers totalitarian order, with Russia on top of that order.

I accept that there are Russian nationalists, like Feanor, who seek to return Russia to the top of the totalitarian world order. Sadly, I accept that my grandchildren will most likely have to deal with a resurgent Russia almost exactly on the same terms that I and my fellow cold warriors dealt with it. Feanor is not alone by any means. Russia has turned away from the course of democracy and capitalism. That is, what the elites who run the country want. We in the west will again face that challenge.

Rickusn spent a lot of time warning us of that threat, and he was thoroughly bashed here for doing so. At times he seemed alarmist in what he said. However, he said it long and loud. For that he was run off, much to our loss. Now Feanor, who proclaimed Russian greatness, has been banished. The moderators can run off Rickusn and banish Feanor. But, that will not change the fact that Russia is what it is and wants to be a world power once again. We need to pay attention to that, rather than the mindless drivel about which aircraft is marginally better than another, or why India's latest flight trainer is stealthier than a flying billboard.

Why was he banished exactly? The only things I have normally seen as banish able were flamers, trolls and anti-Semites not nationalist. Is his ban temp or is he perma-banned?

Comment

I dont know what is going on, But what I found really cheap, He was ready to take the money from his enemy to further his education in his enemy's country, To be honest that was kind low and spoke about low self-esteem

Comment

Commander,

I accept that Feanor was honest but he was damned naive. He cannot accept the fact that to defeat the US Government meant that he would have to go through our homes to do it. As bad as the US Government is at times, it is the still the Government chosen and supported by the American People. It is their Government to change and my place as their ally to make sure that it remains their sole right to change.

The US Government is giving him his education which he is more than willing to take and turn against them but the US Government is also the one ensuring my family can go shopping for luxuries at the local mall and I will be damned if I allow a pipsqueak like him to deny that to my family.

He wishes us harm. He may be too naive to know it but he wishes us harm. In order to get what he wants, he will have to burn down our homes to do it. He may have other ideas like we would be so willing to sell ourselves into slavery for the sake of survival because that's what he wants. His government and his government alone but I will burn his home and watch mine go down in flames before that happens.

I do not consider Feanor an honourable enemy. He does not know the consequences of his wishes nor is he prepared to pay the price to achieve these things, else he would be wearing a uniform already; aiming for that star on his chevrons. Those of us who went through the Cold War on both sides of the Iron Curtain had no illusions of what we were going to do. We were going to burn ourselves and perhaps our children, hopefully so that our grandchildren would have something better.

What I could no longer tolerate was that even if the kid did not know what he was saying, he should have the sense to shut up and not rouse the old war dogs. He was warned both publicly and privately to keep his ill advised thoughts to himself.

All in all, Commander, I fear you are right. We may not have avoided WWIII but delayed it for our Grandchildren.

Comment

Originally posted by wabpilot View Post
          why India's latest flight trainer is stealthier than a flying billboard.

Ouch, Sir,

Uncalled for.

For all you know it might be India on your side fighting against totalitarian rule
          Last edited by Adux; 14 Feb 08,, 17:14.

Comment

OoE

Sir,
            I do not envy you your position has a MOD, but I really do respect your dedication and resolve to police the boards. A very difficult situation regarding Feanor, I am in total agreement with you the cold war was a horrendous time and those of us who lived and soldiered in Germany through it had many a sleepless night, as the Commander said "I take great joy in the victory that we in the west won over Soviet Communism and the Russians who practiced that particular brand of totalitarianism" I to share those sentiments, but I fear we are heading back that way as we speak.
            sigpicFEAR NAUGHT

Should raw analytical data ever be passed to policy makers?

Comment

Since joining WAB, I always believed Feanor was part of the WAB family. He was the Bluesmans' adopted child if I may say, making him a bit of a renegade. He wasn't always right, but his posts had you on your toes because he didn't agree with everything everyone said; thus making one to research extensively and think back in time to write something very specific to counter attack his posts. It's quite clear that I had a soft spot for Feanor, he was one of the two that used humor against my first posts on WAB. The other being sir OoE. I'm not taking a stand because I do not want to push the wrong buttons. Feanor spoke like an enemy, which I STILL believe he did not intend to do. He is young, which makes it why he HAS to MATURE in the next day or two and contact sir OoE or another moderator and apologize SINCERELY.

Feanor had the privilege of living in the US and has witnessed many things, free speeech to be one of those. He probably bangs the table in complete shock that no cops/soldiers have attacked Code Pink protestors, or that muslims aren't deported or arrested in mass numbers since 9/11. How would a chinese nationalist respond to such freedom? Its unheard of to em.

Comment

No more cat pixs......
                Welcome, you step into a forum of the flash bang, chew toy hell, and shove it down your throat brutal honesty. OoE

Comment

hs is no enemy, he is a naive kid, thou not a stupid one.
                  he lives in real world, but his mind is in fairy tale land.
                  "Democracy is two wolves and a lamb voting on what to have for lunch. Liberty is a well-armed lamb contesting the vote!" B. Franklin

Comment

Originally posted by Debbie View Post
                    No more cat pixs......
                    Originally posted by omon View Post
                    hs is no enemy, he is a naive kid, thou not a stupid one.
                    he lives in real world, but his mind is in fairy tale land.

Hey Deb, what about Abu Immam pics? Oh, I mean Captain Hook

"ARRRRRRRRRRHHH!! It be ME AGAIN! I got me a young lad this time, his name be FEANOR!!! ARRRRRRRRRRHHHH"

Comment

Originally posted by Mobbme View Post
                      Since joining WAB, I always believed Feanor was part of the WAB family. He was the Bluesmans' adopted child if I may say, making him a bit of a renegade. He wasn't always right, but his posts had you on your toes because he didn't agree with everything everyone said; thus making one to research extensively and think back in time to write something very specific to counter attack his posts. It's quite clear that I had a soft spot for Feanor, he was one of the two that used humor against my first posts on WAB. The other being sir OoE. I'm not taking a stand because I do not want to push the wrong buttons. Feanor spoke like an enemy, which I STILL believe he did not intend to do. He is young, which makes it why he HAS to MATURE in the next day or two and contact sir OoE or another moderator and apologize SINCERELY.

Feanor had the privilege of living in the US and has witnessed many things, free speeech to be one of those. He probably bangs the table in complete shock that no cops/soldiers have attacked Code Pink protestors, or that muslims aren't deported or arrested in mass numbers since 9/11. How would a chinese nationalist respond to such freedom? Its unheard of to em.
                      I didn't really have a problem with Feanor. Although he could be a little immature sometimes. But in agreement with Mobme, he lives in the US and goes to school in the US, therefore he needs to be grateful for what he has!!
                      “When the power of love overcomes the love of power, the world will know peace.” ~ Jimi Hendrix
                      "No one can make you feel inferior without your consent." ~ Eleanor Roosevelt
                      sigpic

Comment

Originally posted by Mobbme View Post
                        Hey Deb, what about Abu Immam pics? Oh, I mean Captain Hook

"ARRRRRRRRRRHHH!! It be ME AGAIN! I got me a young lad this time, his name be FEANOR!!! ARRRRRRRRRRHHHH"

That was good for a chuckle
                        Welcome, you step into a forum of the flash bang, chew toy hell, and shove it down your throat brutal honesty. OoE

Comment

Originally posted by Officer of Engineers View Post
                          I do not consider Feanor an honourable enemy. He does not know the consequences of his wishes nor is he prepared to pay the price to achieve these things, else he would be wearing a uniform already; aiming for that star on his chevrons. Those of us who went through the Cold War on both sides of the Iron Curtain had no illusions of what we were going to do. We were going to burn ourselves and perhaps our children, hopefully so that our grandchildren would have something better.
                          COL,

As I said, I may have been projecting traits of the Russian nationalists that I know upon Feanor. He may not have deserved those traits. Still, I respect him as an enemy and bear him no ill will. We fought, they fought, there were examples of honor on both sides. We won, and that was and is for the best. Still, I fear that we have lost a voice of Russian nationalism at a time when we need to heed that voice. Trouble is on the eastern horizon.

Comment

Interesting post

Being a bit of a "thicky" I do not know how to quote a post from another thread, however in the Member introduction thread, welcoming Sergie, post #13 by "Walking Dead" a translation of a post by "Feanor"
                            sigpicFEAR NAUGHT

Should raw analytical data ever be passed to policy makers?

Comment

The Sgt-Maj is referring to this

Originally posted by Walking Dead View Post
                              Originally posted by Feanor View Post
                              Добро пожаловать. И будь осторожен, консерваторов здессь много. ;)
                              Translation: "Be careful, there are a lot of conservatives here."

Maybe its not a bad thing he was banished. I cannot stand when people pull stuff like this.

Comment

Working...
                              X