Latest French Anti-Tank Missile Technology

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Latest French Anti-Tank Missile Technology

Which do you prefer? The Javelin or the Eryx?

"So little pains do the vulgar take in the investigation of truth, accepting readily the first story that comes to hand." Thucydides 1.20.3

Hahahahaha!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Comment

Well then. . .I think I'll stick to the Javelin. (that is if I had one)

Comment

Comment

Wow! I do not consider myself to be any sort of a guided anti-tank missile expert but (feel free to clarify this) - would the missile even be armed at this point? Although I must say, armed or not - I would totally s@#t my pants while dropping the camera and running away (much like that guy did).

Comment

Originally posted by Walking Dead View Post
            Wow! I do not consider myself to be any sort of a guided anti-tank missile expert but (feel free to clarify this) - would the missile even be armed at this point? Although I must say, armed or not - I would totally s@#t my pants while dropping the camera and running away (much like that guy did).
            I don't know for sure, but I'm pretty sure the design is such that it shouldn't be armed. However, given that it's also designed to fly much further than one meter, I wouldn't trust minimum arming distance and would high tail it as well!
            "So little pains do the vulgar take in the investigation of truth, accepting readily the first story that comes to hand." Thucydides 1.20.3

Comment

It becomes armed after 50 meters, so no it wasn't actually a danger, motor just probably fizzled. Still, I'd run faster than Jackie Joyner-Kersey, just in case.
              In Iran people belive pepsi stands for pay each penny save israel. -urmomma158
              The Russian Navy is still a threat, but only to those unlucky enough to be Russian sailors.-highsea

Comment

Wouldn't be worried about the warhead. But there is a rocket motor that may be having a "Hangfire". I don't want to be around when it decides to ignite.
                Last edited by Gun Grape; 09 Feb 08,, 07:15.

Comment

G.G. Reply

"I don't want to be around when it decides to ignite."

Yeah. Ain't like you can keep the breech closed at this point. Cat's outta the bag and ready to claw somebody
                  "This aggression will not stand, man!" Jeff Lebowski
                  "The only true currency in this bankrupt world is what you share with someone else when you're uncool." Lester Bangs

Comment

Latest American Anti-Tank Missile Technology.

YouTube - Failed American missile launch

Well then. . .I think I'll stick to the Kornet-E.

Comment

ROFL! I'd sure be running! I don't know if I'd even take the extra time to crap OR drop the camera.

Sounds like a canidate for BIP after a suitable lunch break. Say a hour?;) :))
                      Reddite igitur quae sunt Caesaris Caesari et quae sunt Dei Deo
                      (Render therefore unto Caesar the things which are Caesar's and unto God the things which are God's)

Comment

Originally posted by KORNET-E View Post

The Javelin and Kornet are not even comparable weapons systems. Unless you consider all ATGMs to be the same.
                        In Iran people belive pepsi stands for pay each penny save israel. -urmomma158
                        The Russian Navy is still a threat, but only to those unlucky enough to be Russian sailors.-highsea

Comment

Originally posted by KORNET-E View Post

WOW maybe we should just scrap the whole system

The Kornet and Javelin are different types of weapons and can't be compared

Comment

At least it made it farther than 2 feet!
                            Honestly, every country has foul-ups.
                            No one, or thing is ever perfect!

Comment

Originally posted by sappersgt View Post
                              ROFL! I'd sure be running! I don't know if I'd even take the extra time to crap OR drop the camera.

Sounds like a canidate for BIP after a suitable lunch break. Say a hour?;) :))
                              Hey, at least the guy with the camera had a PROPER contingency. RUUUN!!!!!! I am not sure if crapping or dropping the camera was part of it or not...hehe.

Comment

Working...
                              X