Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

I'm so happy!!!! I get to play ball again!

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• I'm so happy!!!! I get to play ball again!

Hi everyone,

I just had to share my joy with you all at WAB. I'm sure many of you have played football in your younger years and remember the sadness of saying goodbye to it because of the lack of adult football teams that are not semi pro.

Australia is mad on sports, all sports they just want to play. As a result of this love of sport they have amature gridiron football and I'm joining up. You have no idea how happy this has made me. I can't believe that I get to play again! It's been about a decade since I last suited up and I'm going to suck but I don't care!

I'm going to smash people again and of course get smashed all with a stupid grin on my face just like back in my teenage years!

Of course recovery times for injuries will be a bit longer but hey, I ride a desk so I can take a few nasty hits and keep working.

Layout #1

That's my new team.
    Originally posted by GVChamp
    College students are very, very, very dumb. But that's what you get when the government subsidizes children to sit in the middle of a corn field to drink alcohol and fuck.

Cool. Hopefully I can get back to playing hockey again.
    "Only Nixon can go to China." -- Old Vulcan proverb.

Comment

And me football! Errmm.. the one the rest of the world plays.. waitin for the good old summer...
      Cow is the only animal that not only inhales oxygen, but also exhales it.
      -Rekha Arya, Former Minister of Animal Husbandry

Comment

Originally posted by gunnut View Post
        Cool. Hopefully I can get back to playing hockey again.
        Always wanted to play hockey, played a lot of roller hockey but not afford to play on the ice. Now that I'm older and have my onw cash I'm going to have a crack at that too.
        Originally posted by GVChamp
        College students are very, very, very dumb. But that's what you get when the government subsidizes children to sit in the middle of a corn field to drink alcohol and fuck.

Comment

Originally posted by Expat Canuck View Post
          Always wanted to play hockey, played a lot of roller hockey but not afford to play on the ice. Now that I'm older and have my onw cash I'm going to have a crack at that too.
          I can only afford roller hockey in southern California. Ice is kinda expensive here. :))
          "Only Nixon can go to China." -- Old Vulcan proverb.

Comment

Thats awesome. Me and my buddies are starting fooball sundays where its us older guys vs the younger guys. I'm excited. I'm going to start practising throwing the football again because after day 1, I know my arm's goign to be a mess.

Comment

Originally posted by Mobbme View Post
              Thats awesome. Me and my buddies are starting fooball sundays where its us older guys vs the younger guys. I'm excited. I'm going to start practising throwing the football again because after day 1, I know my arm's goign to be a mess.
              Why is it called football when only one guy get to kick it ..call it throw ball, or does that sound a bit girlie;)

Comment

Originally posted by dave lukins View Post
                Why is it called football when only one guy get to kick it ..call it throw ball, or does that sound a bit girlie;)
                Good question, well put, that man there!:)
                Semper in excretum. Solum profunda variat.

Comment

Well, its coming back to the UK next season. You can ask some of the 6'8" 300 pound players to rename it to that :P

Comment

There's a reason why STREAKERS don't jump onto our football fields ;)

Comment

Originally posted by Mobbme View Post
                      Well, its coming back to the UK next season. You can ask some of the 6'8" 300 pound players to rename it to that :P
                      So the big ones are staying away;)

Comment

There's an arena league that's popping up around here, my buddy told me about it. I'm considering :)

That's great... Good luck!
                        "The way to a man's heart is through his stomach...just make sure you thrust upward through his ribcage."

Comment

So the big ones are staying away;)

Beckham was left off the England squad. I don't think that was a good choice. Even if Beckham was benched, he coulda voiced his experience to the young lads

Comment

It's a sport played with the upper body, so I wouldn't call it girly. ;)
                            "Every man has his weakness. Mine was always just cigarettes."

Comment

I know what it's like to be forced to the sidelines while the activity you're good at and love passionately is played out in front of you.

For ME, the activity is INTELLIGENCE WORK, and the five months couch-flying I did was maybe the hardest psychologically I've ever been through. Capt Bluesman was awesome; she could see it was hurting me, and she was SO supportive during that time...

So, all the best congratulations to you; get off the bench and back out onto the field. You're going to be a new man, buddy!:)

Comment

Working...
                              X