Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• KSE all set to become top performing market again

http://news.bbc.co.uk/2/hi/business/4165861.stm

Reached 6710 points. In one day gained upto 225 points!

history = europe
    present = USA NATO
    future = Asia

Comment

I think its mainly because of PTCL. PTCL's been getting a lot of investment ever since their Paktel branch helped slashed Mobile phone calls become so dirt cheap that you can call anywhere in Pakistan on real low flat rate. And especially ever since they declared their plans to spread a nationwide cover for Broadband.

Comment

asim what are the mobile -mobile call rates in paksitan??

Comment

4.75 rps/min (if its ufone to ufone or Jazz/mobilink to jazz/mobilink) and 3.99 rps per minute ( if its from paktel to paktel)

mobile to land line (and vice versa) or if its to any other company its 7 rps.

Comment

and the teledensity and mobile penetration??

Comment

horribly low I'm guessing.

People use PCOs (Public Calling something) here alot. Its like theres one in every street.

cell phone's should be more proportionally.

Comment

so i guess theres a lot of scope to add. Just the way there has been a sudden spurt in india in telecommunications. In a year or two we can expect call rates in pakistan to go down ( rates in india are much lower ) . In fact it depends a lot on the govt. and right steps whcih we can expect in near future will surely see a cells phones as a necessity in a matter of 2-3 years.

Comment

I'm looking forward to them slashing broadband prices and introducing fast connections here.

I mention connection speeds to ISP tech support guys here, and they all go huh!? After 10 mins of explaining they ask "But what will you with something so fast?" Or the classic "Bhai khair hai? Kya karne ke iraday hain?" Like its miniature fission device I'm tinkering with.

Comment

India's cell phone rates are probably the cheapest in the world.

Dubai which boast to operate, technology thats ranked #3 in the world, (after Japan and ummmm forgot the other nation), still charges a little more than Pakistan. Oh well they're a monopoly there... they can probably down to 5 fills and still make a profit.

Comment

Working...
                    X