X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Hulk Hogan Endorses Barack Obama For President

Hulk Hogan Endorses Barack Obama For President
    Wednesday, January 30th, 2008

"Who will Hulk Hogan be endorsing for President?" Jimmy Kimmel asked Terry "Hulk Hogan" Bollea on Jimmy Kimmel Live last night. We're sure Hogan was probably there to promote his Gladiators nonsense, as he just did on Letterman, but this is not something that held our interest for the full segment (plus, we'll only watch CBS on YouTube...we're still boycotting, over this, among other things).

"If I had to step out," Hulk answered, "And say who I really believe in, that catches my ear, that makes sense, that really can make a change, I would say [Barack] Obama."

"Everybody plays this card - the bad guy card, you know the dirty politics thing, talk about the way people dress, act and look - and, he's the choice...He seems like the real deal, you know."

As we've mentioned before, the two candidates who have truly avoided mudslinging at all costs are Republican candidates Ron Paul and Mike Huckabee, who coincidentally (or not so coincidentally) are the only two candidates left in the race that the media is giving next to no coverage to.

We haven't heard Barack say anything derogatory, and we like his presence, but his campaign has most definitely joined in on the mudslinging against fellow Democratic candidate Hillary Clinton.

But wait a minute - why in the world would anyone want to know who Hulk Hogan wants for President? We never said we were above commenting on people's outfits, and we've just got to remark on the iridescent yellow skintight barf-inducing shirt that Hogan wore on Jimmy Kimmel...which looked to us like the same one he wore on The Late Show with David Letterman recently.

And fashion statements completely aside, Hulk Hogan is an actor on wrestling programs infamous for their scripted "reality." He's suddenly the expert on what's real?

On a very serious note, the Hulk should be more concerned with his son's upcoming trial. Which, by the way, out of 121 votes, 87% of you told us in our poll that Nick Hogan should be prosecuted for what he did, with only 13% of you saying he should be let off the hook.
    To sit down with these men and deal with them as the representatives of an enlightened and civilized people is to deride ones own dignity and to invite the disaster of their treachery - General Matthew Ridgway

Ron Paul is not a mudslinger? I am the only one who remembers that pompous SOB tell Guiliani that he is uneducated because he doesn't agree with Paul's views on foreign policy, and give him a reading list of the stuff he needs to know in order to be right and agree with him?

If that's not derogatory, implying that someone else is an idiot because they don't agree with you, if that kind of tactic doesn't call your character into question, I don't know what does.
    In Iran people belive pepsi stands for pay each penny save israel. -urmomma158
    The Russian Navy is still a threat, but only to those unlucky enough to be Russian sailors.-highsea

Comment

I found the first article on Hulk Hogan - tune out the RP support dripping from it...
      Obama Is Latest To Receive Dated Pop-Cultural Endorsement

January 30, 2008 10:56 AM
      Read More: Barack Obama, Hulk Hogan, Breaking Politics News
      Politics
      stumbleupon :Obama Is Latest To Receive Dated Pop-Cultural Endorsement digg: Obama Is Latest To Receive Dated Pop-Cultural Endorsement reddit:

In a move that's sure to provide a boost to Obama's fortunes among time-travelling high school kids from the early 1980s, Hulk Hogan - professional wrestler and reality teevee divorcee - has backed the Illinois Senator on the the Jimmy Kimmel show. Hogan, in picking Obama, cited something about "cards" and how Obama doesn't judge people based upon "the way people dress," which makes sense, considering Hogan offered his support whilst clad in a shimmery piece of yellow Saran Wrap that looked like it was stolen off the set of Miami Vice.

Hogan's endorsement ensures that at least one Democrat will join Republicans Mike Huckabee and John McCain in having one prominent supporter whose career is based on pretend ultraviolence. Though, in Hogan's defense, we remind you that wrestling is totally fixed--just like elections in Pakistan!
      To sit down with these men and deal with them as the representatives of an enlightened and civilized people is to deride ones own dignity and to invite the disaster of their treachery - General Matthew Ridgway

Comment

Working...
      X