Ellis Island: The Island of Tears

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Ellis Island: The Island of Tears

When most of us living in the United States think of Ellis Island, we generally get a lump in our throats and a sentimental feeling. Romantic visions of our forefathers coming to this great country in search of a better life fill our hearts and minds. The inscription on the Statue of Liberty, “Give me your tired, your poor, your huddled masses yearning to breathe free…” makes us proud to live in a country that with open arms, embraced immigrants from less fortunate countries. One great nation made up of many different people.

Proud to Live in America

Originally posted by nickfury View Post
    When most of us living in the United States think of Ellis Island, we generally get a lump in our throats and a sentimental feeling. Romantic visions of our forefathers coming to this great country in search of a better life fill our hearts and minds. The inscription on the Statue of Liberty, “Give me your tired, your poor, your huddled masses yearning to breathe free…” makes us proud to live in a country that with open arms, embraced immigrants from less fortunate countries. One great nation made up of many different people.

When my ancestors arrived(1650c.) in the 'colonies' they had been forced out by Oliver Cromwell. There was no 'Ellis Island' and there wasn't a Statue of Liberty either.

PS: Could a mod move this to the correct forum. Thanks!

Comment

Working...
    X