The Life and Misery of an Unread Poster

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• The Life and Misery of an Unread Poster

A few days ago I realized I'm almost at my 2000th post. So I thought I should do something worthwhile with my 2000th post. I considered posting a ridiculous number of cat pictures, making a communist speech, or even admitting I'm atheist (don't hit me please). But then I figured that the best thing I could do with this post is find out how much worthwhile my previous 1999 were. After all if they were all worthless one isn't going to save the day, and if they actually contributed something then I guess I can afford to sacrifice one post to make sure

So give it to me straight, the good, the bad, and everything else.
    Crap
    4.00%
    Spam
    0.00%
    Occasional Good Read
    32.00%
    I Love You Фeanor
    0.00%
    Liberal but Tolerated
    12.00%
    That Liberal Douchebag........
    4.00%
    Communist Propaganda
    20.00%
    All of the above
    28.00%

Who gives a **** about Feanor or his posts?

Comment

Missing a category: "All of the above."
      I enjoy being wrong too much to change my mind.

Comment

Personally I think you're in denial. The "now" of Russia in contrast to the Red Empire leaves you nostalgic for something you never knew. Which in turn blinds you to the fact that Communism as a theory and an economic system never foresaw the post-industrial economy. The transition to which leads to communism's unavoidable collapse.
        "Every man has his weakness. Mine was always just cigarettes."

Comment

Originally posted by Ironduke View Post
          Personally I think you're in denial. The "now" of Russia in contrast to the Red Empire leaves you nostalgic for something you never knew. Which in turn blinds you to the fact that Communism as a theory and an economic system never foresaw the post-industrial economy. The transition to which leads to communism's unavoidable collapse.
          That is a very interesting analysis. I don't believe I've ever encountered it in my college days. Of course I was just a lowly undergrad with only an intro class to communism. Maybe we did talk about it but I just slept through it. :))

My econ studies focused mostly on trade, protectionism, a big chunk of Keyensian policy, and some stuff on corporation. Frankly I was never a good student. :P
          "Only Nixon can go to China." -- Old Vulcan proverb.

Comment

Originally posted by Blademaster View Post
            Who gives a **** about Feanor or his posts?
            Who the **** is Feanor??

Comment

Originally posted by Kansas Bear View Post
              Who the **** is Feanor??
              He's a poor confused lad who has been cruelly uprooted from his homeland and plunged into the country that was most responsible for the collapse of the Soviet system. No wonder he's a quivering mass of perplexity.:)
              Semper in excretum. Solum profunda variat.

Comment

Originally posted by Ironduke View Post
                .... god damnit. This is where I need that *tear* smiley!!! Now to go look up perplexity

EDIT: Hey!!! I'm not confused. I'm 100% straight.

Oh. That's not what you meant huh ..... whoops.....

Comment

Feanor,

I think you make a fine contribution in balancing the broadly conservative tone of WAB.

I think you make an even finer contribution with those AWESOME cat pics you post. Could you put up the url where you got them from?

BF

note: I think this was the first post on this thread without emoticons :))
                  sigpic

Win nervously lose tragically - Reds C C

Comment

Oh stop your whining! My posts get responded to less than yours!
                    “When the power of love overcomes the love of power, the world will know peace.” ~ Jimi Hendrix
                    "No one can make you feel inferior without your consent." ~ Eleanor Roosevelt
                    sigpic

Comment

Hmmmm....spose I should pay more attention - have no idea what this Feanor is....
                      Welcome, you step into a forum of the flash bang, chew toy hell, and shove it down your throat brutal honesty. OoE

Comment

Originally posted by Debbie View Post
                        Hmmmm....spose I should pay more attention - have no idea what this Feanor is....
                        He's a dead elf.
                        I enjoy being wrong too much to change my mind.

Comment

Originally posted by Debbie View Post
                          I'm almost certain she used to post on WAB years and years ago. Must have gone to a retirement home by now:))

ps. Debs, a Fearnor is the top elf...nuf said!!
                          Last edited by dave lukins; 04 Jan 08,, 19:33.

Comment

Originally posted by Feanor View Post
                            .... god damnit. This is where I need that *tear* smiley!!! Now to go look up perplexity

EDIT: Hey!!! I'm not confused. I'm 100% straight.

Oh. That's not what you meant huh ..... whoops.....
                            For Elf and Fairy there is one synonomous word , ´haldjas´ in my language :)
                            If i only was so smart yesterday as my wife is today

Minding your own biz is great virtue, but situation awareness saves lives - Dok

Comment

I'm glad my grandparents moved out of that Russia/Azerbiajan.

Originally posted by Feanor View Post
                              A few days ago I realized I'm almost at my 2000th post. So I thought I should do something worthwhile with my 2000th post. I considered posting a ridiculous number of cat pictures, making a communist speech, or even admitting I'm atheist (don't hit me please). But then I figured that the best thing I could do with this post is find out how much worthwhile my previous 1999 were. After all if they were all worthless one isn't going to save the day, and if they actually contributed something then I guess I can afford to sacrifice one post to make sure

So give it to me straight, the good, the bad, and everything else.

What gives you the idea that you are the most unread poster? That is my position. And I will not give it up to some other jinxed Ruskie.

By the way...what is so freakin good about communism? The lines? Waiting for you commodities? Being locked in? The lack of self determination? I know us Ruskies aren't the brightest britest bulbs in the box. But communism over personal freedom? That's a no/know brainer.:)) ;)

Ivan

Comment

Working...
                              X