MADE in USA

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• MADE in USA

why does the coast guard, border patrol, and navy small boats use Honda and suzuki outboard motors rather than mercury or evenrude?
    I even noticed law enforcement boats are the same

Another irony is that the US Border Patrol uniforms are made in Mexico

The Nassau County Police Department in New York uses the Chevy Impala as their standard patrol car (they still have some Ford Crown Victorias, Ford Explorers and Chevy Suburbans for specialized units) ... most of which are produced in Canada.

Comment

In all my visits to the USA I noticed it was much easier to find goods made in China and elsewhere, and most difficult to find American items.
      Semper in excretum. Solum profunda variat.

Comment

I do not know why this happens?
        soon we will see honda police cars and motorcycles?

Comment

Originally posted by howieskiv View Post
          why does the coast guard, border patrol, and navy small boats use Honda and suzuki outboard motors rather than mercury or evenrude?
          I even noticed law enforcement boats are the same
          Nothing is truly "Made In America" these days. Just as nothing is truly "Made in [Insert Country]".

My supposed rice-burner Mitsubishi Eclipse was built in my home state of Illinois. And as Chris said, those Chevys are made in Canada.

Boeing, that most American of companies, has plants overseas in Italy, Japan, Sweden and France(!) making major components for the new 787 and with the decline of the dollar, Airbus is considering opening plants in the United States.

The whole "Buy USA" thing is a load of crap IMO.
          “He was the most prodigious personification of all human inferiorities. He was an utterly incapable, unadapted, irresponsible, psychopathic personality, full of empty, infantile fantasies, but cursed with the keen intuition of a rat or a guttersnipe. He represented the shadow, the inferior part of everybody’s personality, in an overwhelming degree, and this was another reason why they fell for him.”

Comment

Originally posted by howieskiv View Post
            I do not know why this happens?
            soon we will see honda police cars and motorcycles?
            The Long Beach Police Dept in California uses Suzuki motorcycles now.
            Able to leap tall tales in a single groan.

Comment

Originally posted by TopHatter View Post
              Nothing is truly "Made In America" these days. Just as nothing is truly "Made in [Insert Country]".

My supposed rice-burner Mitsubishi Eclipse was built in my home state of Illinois. And as Chris said, those Chevys are made in Canada.

Boeing, that most American of companies, has plants overseas in Italy, Japan, Sweden and France(!) making major components for the new 787 and with the decline of the dollar, Airbus is considering opening plants in the United States.

The whole "Buy USA" thing is a load of crap IMO.
              I remember many years ago. When congress passed tarifs to protect "American" Motorcycle compines, Honda built the Goldwing factory in the US and ALL parts were manufactured in the US. The only "All American" motorcycle at the time. The HDs use electronics from Japan.Forks were imported from either Germany or Italy. I use to get a kick out of all the Harley riders 'Riding Rice".

And your right about cars. Try to find a Toyota made in Japan anymore. FJ cruiser is about it. Yet somehow, we are not supporting our country because we drive "Foreign" cars.

Comment

During one early visit to the States I noticed signs saying[B] Buy American! [/ ]At the bottom of the sign in small print were the words Made in Porto Rico.
                Semper in excretum. Solum profunda variat.

Comment

Originally posted by Gun Grape View Post
                  Yet somehow, we are not supporting our country because we drive "Foreign" cars.
                  Oh right there with you bro.

The line that really steams me is the ignorant response "Yeah OK the cars are made here but all the money goes overseas".

Uh, couldja prove yourself to be even more stupid or do you wanna keep talking and remove all doubt?

Tell the hundreds of employees at the auto plant that all the money goes overseas. They'll show you their fat pay stub and call you a moron.

Tell the American owned and operated dealership that all the money goes overseas. They'll point to the the local sports stadium the dealership just sponsored for a a couple millions dollars and call you a friggin' retard.

People never cease to amaze me with their pig-ignorant shortsightedness.
                  “He was the most prodigious personification of all human inferiorities. He was an utterly incapable, unadapted, irresponsible, psychopathic personality, full of empty, infantile fantasies, but cursed with the keen intuition of a rat or a guttersnipe. He represented the shadow, the inferior part of everybody’s personality, in an overwhelming degree, and this was another reason why they fell for him.”

Comment

NYPD used to use Crown Victorias and Impalas as undercover vehicles but I've noticed a rise in Hondas, Toyotas and Hyundais. Its good because now criminals cant just look out for suspicous Chevrolets and Fords anymore but then again I think it was good when we were using exclusively American motor companies.

Comment

Originally posted by glyn View Post
                      During one early visit to the States I noticed signs saying[B] Buy American! [/ ]At the bottom of the sign in small print were the words Made in Porto Rico.
                      Puerto Rico is a US territory same as Bermuda or Gibraltar is to the UK.

We actually have quite an extensive "empire" (something most Americans dont know); Guam, Puerto Rico, American Samoa, the US Virgin Islands, and the Northern Mariana Islands. We had Cuba from 1898 - 1902 and the Philippines from 1898 - 1946, the Panama Canal Zone from 1913 - 1999 and a whole bunch of Pacific islands from 1944/45 to 1994 under the UN mandated Trust Territory of the Pacific Islands.

EDIT: same out here in the burbs, we still use the FCV:
                      Last edited by ChrisF202; 01 Jan 08,, 22:21.

Comment

The most British of British, Rolls Royce, are made in Germany..I hope Winston Churchill is tied into his coffin:)

Comment

Ha You EEZ Very WRong The Engine is made at BMW in Dresden, the actuall Car is made or put together in Crewe. I know this because I visited the Factory in september.

America must still be a wealthy Nation:

Your Japanese Cars are much Bigger than Ours.

Comment

Originally posted by jame$thegreat View Post
                            NYPD used to use Crown Victorias and Impalas as undercover vehicles but I've noticed a rise in Hondas, Toyotas and Hyundais. Its good because now criminals cant just look out for suspicous Chevrolets and Fords anymore but then again I think it was good when we were using exclusively American motor companies.
                            those are not cars offically bought, by nypd, i,ve seen plain clothes(don,t mistake with undercover) in any car you can think of, they come from a impound lot.
                            "Democracy is two wolves and a lamb voting on what to have for lunch. Liberty is a well-armed lamb contesting the vote!" B. Franklin

Comment

if i go to a ace hardware store or home depot, i'l buy a roll of duct tape for 5.99, made in china,(regular silver 2"x60') but i can go to a cheap discount store i buy a better roll of tape(sticks better, more flexible, stronger, and comes in many colors, and the same size), made in us, for 3.99. strange uh?
                              "Democracy is two wolves and a lamb voting on what to have for lunch. Liberty is a well-armed lamb contesting the vote!" B. Franklin

Comment

Working...
                              X