Flying Dream...

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Flying Dream...

one day i want to buy and fly with one of these....my dream is to be a pilot....

objectives
    1- it must be cheap
    2- it's maintenance procedures must be easy
    3- if it can be build at my garage it will be wonderful :)
    4- it must have the ability of landing on bad surfaces (not only airports)

what are the advices of WAB members (especially pilots) about this aircraft or do you have any other suggestions?

thanks in advance
    :)

Kitfox Aircraft
    Attached Files
    Love all, trust a few, do wrong to none; be able for thine enemy rather in power than use; and keep thy friend under thine own life's key; be checked for silence, but never taxed for speech.

I have a friend who built a kitfox in the 90s. He's still flying it and enjoying the plane. It is supposed to be a relatively easy build, as airplanes go. Still, building it involved a lot of time. He did his own painting, which added a lot of time to the project and called for a whole new level of expertise.

Comment

I think you can still get the kits for the Spencer Aircar. I visited Spencer as he was building the molds for the egg-body.

Spencer Air Car

He was also designing an upgrade to his Republic Sea Bee II and calling it a Trident (tentatively). It was to be slightly larger than the Sea Bee capable of carrying an evacuation Stokes litter in the cabin, Apache landing gear reatracting into the wings, a more powerful Lycoming engine and the wing floats retracted up to become the wing tips.

An amphib is a good choice to land anywhere, even wheels up (on a grass strip).

Spencer himself isn't around as I knew him back in 1967/68. His first solo was in 1915 (with an amphib). His father was the inventor of the Spencer rifle used to some extent in the Civil War.

Here's a couple of other good sites on the Air Car: AircarHome Page
      Percival H. Spencer
      Last edited by RustyBattleship; 23 Nov 07,, 06:35.
      Able to leap tall tales in a single groan.

Comment

Working...
      X