Sounds like a Furfey

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Sounds like a Furfey

Can someone verify or put to rest the following story about Black Jack Pershing, I think it may be a Furfey but it sounds good. Maybe a bit of this in Iraq and Afghanistan may do the trick, that's if the "DO GOODERS" and "THE SNIVEL LIBERTARIANS" would let them, don't like the chances though!!!

Freddie
    ==================================================
    Ladies and Gentlemen, I bring forth a legend in Military history. A man that made a decision that in these times would most likely get him shot or dragged into the brig or both. This is due to the fact that we have weak minded, too soft and ‘ohh my god, that is so horrible’ types in office.

Let me remind you, the military is arresting its own members who go outside the wire and do the most unthinkable every single day. My only question is what is the difference between the Army when General Pershing was around and now? Have we really gotten a conscience about the brutalities of war?

General Pershing did something that if done in today’s war could possibly put an end to some things.

Born September 13th, 1860 near Laclede, Mississippi
    Died July 15th, 1948 in Washington, D.C.
    1891 Professor of Military Science and Tactics University of Nebraska
    1898 Serves in the Spanish-American War
    1901 Awarded rank of Captain
    1906 Promoted to rank of Brigadier General
    1909 Military Governor of Moro Province, Philippines
    1916 Made Major General
    1919 Promoted to General of the Armies
    1921 Appointed Chief of Staff
    1924 Retires from active duty
    Education: 4 Years-West Point

One important thing to remember is that Muslims detest pork because they believe pigs are filthy animals. Some of them simply refuse to eat it, while others won’t even touch pigs at all, nor any of their by-products. To them, eating or touching a pig, its meat, its blood, etc., is to be instantly barred from paradise and doomed to hell.

Just before World War I, there were a number of terrorist attacks against the United States and it’s interests by, you guessed it, Muslim extremists.

So General Pershing captured 50 of the terrorists and had them tied to posts execution style. He then had his men bring in two pigs and slaughter them in front of the, now horrified, terrorists.

The soldiers then soaked their bullets in pigs blood, and proceeded to execute 49 of the terrorists by firing squad.

The soldiers then dug a big hole, dumped in the terrorist’s bodies and covered them in pig blood, entrails, etc.

They let the 50th man go. And for about the next 42 years, there was not a single attack by a muslim fanatic anywhere in the world.

Just imagine all the soldiers that could be saved if we just manned up and sent a clear message like he did!
    Never hold your farts in, they run up your spine, and that's where shity ideas come from.
    vēnī, vīdī, velcro - I came, I saw I stuck around.

Freddie,

Can't help you with your Pershing story, but I do need to make a slight correction to your spelling.

The term 'furphy' is one of Victoria's proud contributions to the vernacular (along with 'call girl' & 'massage parlour'). Its origin is the water carts used to supply the troops in WW1 & the stories that they spread. The tanks on those carts were made by Furphey Bros. of Shepparton. The company continues trading to this day.

Furphy Foundry - Shepparton, Australia.
    sigpic

Win nervously lose tragically - Reds C C

Comment

Originally posted by Bigfella View Post
      Freddie,

Can't help you with your Pershing story, but I do need to make a slight correction to your spelling.

The term 'furphy' is one of Victoria's proud contributions to the vernacular (along with 'call girl' & 'massage parlour'). Its origin is the water carts used to supply the troops in WW1 & the stories that they spread. The tanks on those carts were made by Furphey Bros. of Shepparton. The company continues trading to this day.

Furphy Foundry - Shepparton, Australia.
      Correct you are, and the Furphy (as in a story) was one that was passed from the Furphy operator in WW1 to the people at his next destination, as in (spreading a Furphy), a bit like Chinese Whispers.

From memory; Good, better, best, we'll never rest, till our good is better, and our better best. (slogan on the end of the Furphy carts).

Freddie
      Never hold your farts in, they run up your spine, and that's where shity ideas come from.

Comment

[QUOTE=furkensturker;42252

They let the 50th man go. And for about the next 42 years, there was not a single attack by a muslim fanatic anywhere in the world.

Just imagine all the soldiers that could be saved if we just manned up and sent a clear message like he did![/QUOTE]

ok so we send in the cooks , armed with bacon slicers , sounds good to me .;)

Comment

Originally posted by tankie View Post
          ok so we send in the cooks , armed with bacon slicers , sounds good to me .;)
          Army cooks were always called "BAIT LAYERS" anyway, If the Bacon didn't get them, their cooking would.

Other names for Military cooks are; Tucker F*****s, for obvious reasons, "Fitters and Turners" (fit perfectly good food into pots and turn it out as sh1t)

Freddie

Comment

One of the oldest army jokes concerns the cooks. The orderly officer is asking the troops in the cookhouse "Who called the cook a b*st*rd?" when a voice from the rear replies "Who called the b*st*rd a cook?".
            Semper in excretum. Solum profunda variat.

Comment

Working...
            X