Charter Of Fundamental Freedoms

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Charter Of Fundamental Freedoms

What is a realistic solution to get rid of extremist fascists in the name of Islam? This speech suggests a new aspect to confront Islamic fundamentalism. Please post your comment after reading it.

PMOI - Details

Sounds great to me. Sounds like a threat to the ayatollahs. They'll fight it all the way down into the worst depths of human misconduct and depraved bestiality toward their fellow citizens.

Because NObody in this sad old world is capable of the savagery of a religious fanatic.

Comment

Originally posted by Bluesman View Post
      Sounds great to me. Sounds like a threat to the ayatollahs. They'll fight it all the way down into the worst depths of human misconduct and depraved bestiality toward their fellow citizens.

Because NObody in this sad old world is capable of the savagery of a religious fanatic.

Well said .

Comment

I don't know,you've never seen me at 0600 hrs B.C.(Before Coffee)
        "Every government degenerates when trusted to the rulers of the people alone. The people themselves, therefore, are its only safe depositories." Thomas Jefferson

Comment

Almost every sentence of the Declaration is a direct affront to everything the Mullahs Theocracy stands for.
          Most important, the concept of freedom is an anathema to them.
          When we blindly adopt a religion, a political system, a literary dogma, we become automatons. We cease to grow. - Anais Nin

Comment

Originally posted by Shamus View Post
            I don't know,you've never seen me at 0600 hrs B.C.(Before Coffee)
            You should have seen 1rtr when called out at early.o.clock , to go to some mosquito infested swamp to set up a defensive position, 2/3 hours after having partaken of night time refreshments , horizontal and liquid type , and when in position only to find we didnt have any coffee , or sod all alse that was remotely drinkable or edible , but we persevered , ohhhh yes , we sang jolly old stiff upper lip camp fire songs like , there,l be bluebirds over ,the white cerrrrrliffs of dover , and keep right on to the end of the road , and the fav was , pack up your troubles in your old bag Kit :))
            Last edited by tankie; 16 Sep 07,, 14:59.

Comment

The victims of Robespierre, Stalin, and Pol Pot might disagree with that statement.
              I enjoy being wrong too much to change my mind.

Comment

Initially I was going to caution this and say it's only words. But then I remember what should happen in Britain - it's not so much that moderate Muslims must face up to their fanatical counterparts, as if they're held partially responsible by vaguely having the same religion, but that we must all face up to the bastards with a coherent philosophy of freedom for freedom's sake and not for personal interest.

I mean by this two problems. The first is of people actually getting in a muddle about what freedom means; I'm sure you've all met the whiny runt who complains, when you criticise his beliefs, that his freedom is being abridged - as if there is a freedom from offence. Freedom is primarily freedom from force and lies, and anything else should be confronted like an adult. If they weren't powerful and savage, the religious tyrants of this world who are terrified of certain thoughts or lifestyles would be considered petulant children by a sane adult. Likewise, our own beliefs should be debated without resort to hate speech laws because we need the mummy of the state to shield us. That is the truest freedom.

The second is selfishness. Just because you're not a woman, for example doesn't mean you should stand on the sidelines concerning women's rights. After all, when the bastards come for you, why should the women (or indeed anyone else) fight for you? The Christian adoption agencies who cried 'freedom' over the question of homosexual adoption or homosexuals staying in their hotels hardly cry freedom for anyone else - indeed, they wanted to stop Jerry f-ing Springer the Opera airing on the BBC, or R:FOM's Manchester Cathedral scene, because it's offensive to their beliefs.

A universal and simple charter of freedom, and more importantly a freely sought consensus on it, is the first step to effective counterattack - after all, you can't do anything without knowing it in advance.
                HD Ready?

Comment

It's excellent as an idea to move Islam forward, but nigh on impossible to implement, due to the undeniable fact that the moderate majority of Islam doesn't have the gonads to stand up to the loud minority intent on extermination of non-Muslims and the constant violation of Human (particularly female) rights.
                  Although it is not true that all conservatives are stupid people, it is true that most stupid people are conservative.
                  - John Stuart Mill.

Comment

Polygamy is banned

Damn and just when I was about to move on over to Iran so I could have a harem and get yelled at by women more than I do now.
                    Originally posted by GVChamp
                    College students are very, very, very dumb. But that's what you get when the government subsidizes children to sit in the middle of a corn field to drink alcohol and fuck.

Comment

Originally posted by ArmchairGeneral View Post
                      The victims of Robespierre, Stalin, and Pol Pot might disagree with that statement.
                      Well, Stalin was a type of secular religious zealot, and Pol Pot made himself a cult of one, so in a way...

And Robespierre? He was amatuer hour, compared to the killings of the faithful.

Comment

Who is this guy you speak of?

Never heard of him.
                        Originally posted by GVChamp
                        College students are very, very, very dumb. But that's what you get when the government subsidizes children to sit in the middle of a corn field to drink alcohol and fuck.

Comment

Originally posted by Expat Canuck View Post
                          Who is this guy you speak of?

Never heard of him.
                          France's most hated tyrant - Maximilien Robespierre - Wikipedia, the free encyclopedia

Whatta guy!
                          Although it is not true that all conservatives are stupid people, it is true that most stupid people are conservative.
                          - John Stuart Mill.

Comment

Well, Stalin was a type of secular religious zealot, and Pol Pot made himself a cult of one, so in a way...

Secular religion is an oxymoron. But I know what you mean, and you're right. Basically, any form of ideological zealotry can lead to extreme evil. For all practical purposes, an ideology like communism is indistinguishable from religion. Or a personality cult like Pol Pot, or Stalin, for that matter. Or the worship of Reason, a la Revolutionary France.

That said, it would seem to me that, while ideological zealotry is probably the leading cause of mass killing (and within that group, religious zealots have historically taken the leading role through sheer numbers, at least until the rise of Communism), other factors can lead to mass depravity just as well.

For example, I would find it hard to categorize the genocide of Tutsis in Rwanda as motivated by religion or ideology. The violent racism, hatred, jealousy, and greed that motivated the killers can hardly be described as an ideology, let alone a religion. Nor can Saddam's genocidal tendencies be ascribed to his religious beliefs; it would appear that he was simply power hungry, and just liked hurting people, to boot.
                            I enjoy being wrong too much to change my mind.

Comment

Working...
                            X