• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Nigerian outrage over nude video

Nigerian outrage over nude video

Nigerian video cover

Nollywood films are popular across West Africa

A video showing a northern Nigerian film actress in a sex scene has caused a public outcry in the Muslim north.

The outraged Kano State Filmmakers Association has expelled the actress and her lover, along with 17 others.

The 17 were not connected to the video but were thought to be involved in "immoral acts" such as drunkenness and fornication, a local newspaper says.

The un-named actress is now in hiding after the eight-minute mobile phone clip was circulated across the north.

"This was the first time such exposure involving Hausa-Fulani persons was witnessed in the country," reports the Leadership newspaper.

The Hausa-Fulani are the dominant ethnic groups in the predominantly conservative Muslim north.

Kannywood

Muslim clerics have condemned the video clip, while radio programmes have been full of complaints about immorality in Nigeria's film industry.

Nollywood, Nigeria's hugely successful home video industry, is mostly based in the country's less conservative Christian south.

In the past few years a Hausa language home video industry, known as Kannywood, has sprung up in the largest northern city, Kano.

Hausa is the most widely spoken language across northern Nigeria.

Kano is among 12 northern states that began enforcing Islamic Sharia law in 2000, increasing tensions between the Muslim majority and sizeable Christian minorities all over the north.

Thousands died in religious and ethnic violence across the region.
    BBC NEWS | Africa | Nigerian outrage over nude video
    And to believe that I did not take the job in Nigeria I was offered!

"Some have learnt many Tricks of sly Evasion, Instead of Truth they use Equivocation, And eke it out with mental Reservation, Which is to good Men an Abomination."

I don't have to attend every argument I'm invited to.

HAKUNA MATATA

Sooooo....the video?

Comment

Originally posted by Ray View Post
      What would the wife have thought Brigadier?
      In Iran people belive pepsi stands for pay each penny save israel. -urmomma158
      The Russian Navy is still a threat, but only to those unlucky enough to be Russian sailors.-highsea

Comment

Originally posted by Ray View Post
        Were you offered 100,000 in gold as payment?

Of course for that amount of money you'd probably show up with your own workforce of Indian Soldiers, planning to share the profits with them.

Comment

Originally Posted by Ray
          Originally posted by Lunatock View Post
          Were you offered 100,000 in gold as payment?
          Hold out for more money. I turned down $80,000 to work in Rwanda. Didn't like the five year contract!

by STIG Sooooo....the video?
          This post needs pictures...or at least a link!;)
          Reddite igitur quae sunt Caesaris Caesari et quae sunt Dei Deo
          (Render therefore unto Caesar the things which are Caesar's and unto God the things which are God's)

Comment

Good ones, gentlemen.

BBC did not give the video unfortunately!

Sapper

The link is as above. But here is it again:

BBC NEWS | Africa | Nigerian outrage over nude video

Luna,

I was also wondering if they would pay me in Blood Diamonds!

Stan,

The wife has not read the story. ;)
            Last edited by Ray; 15 Aug 07,, 06:37.

"Some have learnt many Tricks of sly Evasion, Instead of Truth they use Equivocation, And eke it out with mental Reservation, Which is to good Men an Abomination."

I don't have to attend every argument I'm invited to.

HAKUNA MATATA

Comment

Working...
            X