Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Redneck Games

Cute little article, but the reason for my posting it is to ask this:

WHAT WOULD YOUR REDNECK OLYMPIC GAME BE?

What kind of redneck game can you come up with?
    (no offense to any rednecks on the WAB)

chicagotribune.com
    Rowdy 'Redneck Games' Irk Neighbors
    By MATT SLAGLE

Associated Press Writer

7:42 PM CDT, August 8, 2007

DALLAS

There have been more than a few athletes accused of doping over the years -- but the competitors at the "Texas Redneck Games" might just be dopes.

These competitors forgo the shotput for the "Mattress Chuck" -- where teams of two slam a 12-pack of beer, get in a pickup truck and start driving, then climb into the bed and throw the mattress as far as possible. And if you aren't planning on heading to Beijing for the next Olympic Games, there's always the ugly "butt-crack contest."

By the time the latest event ended Sunday, more than 54 arrests and citations had been issued on charges ranging from public intoxication to speeding, according to the Henderson County Sheriff's Department. Officials are considering charges against the organizer and landowners where the event was held.

"I'm an old fuddy duddy and all that, but you got a vehicle, you got alcohol, and you got illegal dumping, and you're making a contest out of that?" said Lt. Pat McWilliams, public information officer for the sheriff's department. "We are very fortunate that we didn't have a fatality."

For years, Bobby Williams has awakened to the roaring engines of all-terrain vehicles, midnight fireworks shows and thousands of drunken revelers who every so often gather across the narrow county road from his property at events like the "Texas Redneck Games" and the "Texas Redneck Muddy Gras."

"We're just a nice, calm community and nobody can get any rest, nobody can get any sleep," said the 76-year-old, who had hoped his 100-acre ranch would be a scene of post-retirement tranquility.

Modeled after similar games that have been going in Georgia for more than a decade, the four-day "Redneck Games" took place about 70 miles southeast of Dallas and included an estimated 6,000 people and live music.

McWilliams said the organizer, Oscar Still, could face a misdemeanor charge for not having a permit -- which is required for any gathering of more than 2,500 people. Telephone messages left with Still weren't immediately returned Wednesday.

The misdemeanor charge carries a fine of $1,000 and 90 days in county jail.

He said it was less clear if there was any wrongdoing by Garland Pool, the owner of the 3,000-acre ATV park where the events were held.

Pool, who lives about 5 miles from the ATV ranch, said he was aware of neighbor complaints but hadn't heard anything from the sheriff's department.

"Maybe the neighbors don't particularly like the traffic," he said, "but it seems like most of the businesses in town had a lot of success."

linked here
    "To dream of the person you would like to be is to waste the person you are."-Sholem Asch

"I always turn to the sports page first, which records people's accomplishments. The front page has nothing but man's failures."-Earl Warren

"I didn't intend for this to take on a political tone. I'm just here for the drugs."-Nancy Reagan, when asked a political question at a "Just Say No" rally

"He no play-a da game, he no make-a da rules."-Earl Butz, on the Pope's attitude toward birth control

Keep it simple. Each contestant gets $3000 to buy and modify a car. At ten o'clock at night, preferably on a public highway, drag racing ensues. Women may enter but they have to be hot and wearing a boob-tube.:)
    In the realm of spirit, seek clarity; in the material world, seek utility.

Leibniz

Comment

Originally posted by Parihaka View Post
      Keep it simple. Each contestant gets $3000 to buy and modify a car. At ten o'clock at night, preferably on a public highway, drag racing ensues. Women may enter but they have to be hot and wearing a boob-tube.:)
      winner gets a life supply of Budweiser and wife beaters?
      "To dream of the person you would like to be is to waste the person you are."-Sholem Asch

"I always turn to the sports page first, which records people's accomplishments. The front page has nothing but man's failures."-Earl Warren

"I didn't intend for this to take on a political tone. I'm just here for the drugs."-Nancy Reagan, when asked a political question at a "Just Say No" rally

"He no play-a da game, he no make-a da rules."-Earl Butz, on the Pope's attitude toward birth control

Comment

Originally posted by THL View Post
        winner gets a life supply of Budweiser and wife beaters?
        Red necks don't beat their wives, the wives might beat them back. Besides, they're too busy trying to find the remote.
        In the realm of spirit, seek clarity; in the material world, seek utility.

Leibniz

Comment

Now these people in Texas do not have clue. You are supposed to attach the mattress to the back of the pickup, get drunk, then pile on. Last one that survives the ride through the pasture wins. EVERY redneck knows that. High falutin Texas people......
          Welcome, you step into a forum of the flash bang, chew toy hell, and shove it down your throat brutal honesty. OoE

Comment

Put a plastic liner in the back of pick-up and fill it up with water. Fill the bed pool up with some friends and some wine coolers and drive around town. It's pretty fun. People do it here all the time.

Comment

Originally posted by Julie View Post
              Put a plastic liner in the back of pick-up and fill it up with water. Fill the bed pool up with some friends and some wine coolers and drive around town. It's pretty fun. People do it here all the time.
              WOW, now that's redneck! Redneck jacuzzi to be exact.
              In Iran people belive pepsi stands for pay each penny save israel. -urmomma158
              The Russian Navy is still a threat, but only to those unlucky enough to be Russian sailors.-highsea

Comment

Originally posted by Stan187 View Post
                WOW, now that's redneck! Redneck jacuzzi to be exact.
                It's a truck pool when stationary....it's only a truck jacuzzi if said truck is driving really fast over gravel.:)

Comment

i know a few americans in spain and they are always talking the piss out of TEXANS why is that, also people from Kansas are the brunt of their jokes

Comment

Originally posted by Julie View Post
                    Julie,

I ever get your way - promise me we will do this. Sounds like a blast, I'll bring the hard lemonade you bring the wine coolers and we can whistle at all the men as we go by in the chauffered pick-up truck. Whoo - hoo!
                    Welcome, you step into a forum of the flash bang, chew toy hell, and shove it down your throat brutal honesty. OoE

Comment

Originally posted by Debbie View Post
                      Julie,

I ever get your way - promise me we will do this. Sounds like a blast, I'll bring the hard lemonade you bring the wine coolers and we can whistle at all the men as we go by in the chauffered pick-up truck. Whoo - hoo!
                      Hey, it's fun as hell really ! I got the trucks and plastic liners.

Comment

Originally posted by THL View Post
                        It's a truck pool when stationary....it's only a truck jacuzzi if said truck is driving really fast over gravel.:)
                        Either that, or if one of the occupants decides to rip one. The its a redneck jacuzzi even if it's not driving over gravel.
                        In Iran people belive pepsi stands for pay each penny save israel. -urmomma158
                        The Russian Navy is still a threat, but only to those unlucky enough to be Russian sailors.-highsea

Comment

Working...
                        X