The Israelis Killed Mickey!...sort of

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• The Israelis Killed Mickey!...sort of

Hamas’ Mickey Mouse double ‘martyred’ - Focus on Israel/Palestinians - MSNBC.com

Mickey Mouse double ‘martyred’ on Hamas TV
    Character on children’s program beaten to death by Israeli in final episode

Updated: 3:23 p.m. ET June 29, 2007

GAZA CITY, Gaza Strip - A Mickey Mouse lookalike who preached Islamic domination on a Hamas-affiliated children's television program was beaten to death in the show's final episode Friday.

In the final skit, Farfour was killed by an actor posing as an Israeli official trying to buy Farfour's land. At one point, the mouse called the Israeli a "terrorist."

"Farfour was martyred while defending his land," said Sara, the teen presenter. He was killed "by the killers of children," she added.

The weekly show, featuring a giant black-and-white rodent with a high-pitched voice, had attracted worldwide attention because the character urged Palestinian children to fight Israel. It was broadcast on Hamas-affiliated Al Aqsa TV.

Station officials said Friday that Farfour was taken off the air to make room for new programs. Station manager Mohammed Bilal said he did not know what would be shown instead.

Israeli officials have denounced the program, "Tomorrow's Pioneers," as incendiary and outrageous. The program was also opposed by the state-run Palestinian Broadcasting Corp., which is controlled by Fatah, Hamas' rival.

© 2007 The Associated Press. All rights reserved. This material may not be published, broadcast, rewritten or redistributed.
    There is a cult of ignorance in the United States, and there has always been. The strain of anti-intellectualism has been a constant thread winding its way through our political and cultural life, nurtured by the false notion that democracy means that "My ignorance is just as good as your knowledge."- Isaac Asimov

I saw that show on the news. It's awful how they were indoctrinating children like that. I saw them recieving letters from children about solutions to their problems, one said the solution was a ak-47. It's despicable.
    Those who can't change become extinct.

Comment

Love the little trademark after Hamas. There must be a lot of people wanting to steal their name.

Comment

Originally posted by Lunatock View Post
        Love the little trademark after Hamas. There must be a lot of people wanting to steal their name.
        If you'll notice there is a TM after martyred" also. Its just formatting issue. The single-quotes got distorted.

Oh well, I'm just nitpicking really. :)
        "Of all the manifestations of power, restraint impresses men the most." - Thucydides

Comment

Bomb all tv stations in Gaza. Israel should show them what evil really is. But then again, ethics, morality and all those issues of the civilized world come into play...
          Cow is the only animal that not only inhales oxygen, but also exhales it.
          -Rekha Arya, Former Minister of Animal Husbandry

Comment

But Hamas is a courageous group of freedom fighters resisted Israeli tyranny. Surely they wouldn't do anything bad. :)

Comment

Originally posted by Wraith601 View Post
              But Hamas is a courageous group of freedom fighters resisted Israeli tyranny. Surely they wouldn't do anything bad. :)
              Why don't we try to get Bigross to pop in and speak his mind about Hamas? With only the word filter stopping him.

They'd give him the choice of staying Jewish, and into the sea he'd go. Or converting, giving up girl chasing...maybe settling down with one form of livestock or another.

Just saying...I don't want to encourage him to start ranting...

Edit to add. Or maybe 'ol BR would like to confess to the crime of killing the Hamas Mckey Mouse?
              Last edited by Lunatock; 04 Jul 07,, 04:52.

Comment

Sounds strangely like Nazi propaganda.
                The greatest weapon is the truth

Comment

Originally posted by The Black Ghost View Post
                  Name one nation that doesn't use propaganda?

I'm not defending Hamas. I only object to Nazis cropping up in every thread.
                  "Of all the manifestations of power, restraint impresses men the most." - Thucydides

Comment

I really don't understand, much like Tronic, why all of the Hamas TV and radio stations have not been blown to shitbits
                    In Iran people belive pepsi stands for pay each penny save israel. -urmomma158
                    The Russian Navy is still a threat, but only to those unlucky enough to be Russian sailors.-highsea

Comment

Wow, it only only took eight posts for someone to mention Nazis.

Godwin's Law strikes again!
                      Last edited by Wraith601; 08 Jul 07,, 04:34.

Comment

I hate it when people like hamas brainwash the minds of young impressionable children. Here's a good site that can give you an idea of the middle east's media.

MEMRI TV

Also have a look at this search entry in google.

pay each penny save israel - Google Search
                        Last edited by Shadowsided; 09 Jul 07,, 01:54.

Comment

Originally posted by Stan187 View Post
                          I really don't understand, much like Tronic, why all of the Hamas TV and radio stations have not been blown to shitbits
                          IMO i think it's all about political correctness,being "civilized" etc. I can't stand it when people are so scared of making a cartoon or having a play portraying the prophet muhummad in a non offensive way yet people like hamas,hezbollah, and all the other radical crackpots can make ourtrageous and violent propoganda videos.

It really pisses me off!

Comment

One thing that I have learnt as far as hate, be it racial, religious, ethnic, etc, goes, the language used in the propaganda tends to be the same. It's like all of the script writers have the same reference work/template to refer from and edit with their own bigoted opinions.
                            The greatest instrument of moral good is the imagination.

Comment

Working...
                            X