Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Congratulations Anaheim Ducks, Stanley Cup Champions!!!

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Congratulations Anaheim Ducks, Stanley Cup Champions!!!

I called it back on May 15th:

http://www.worldaffairsboard.com/wor...tml#post374148

First team on the west coast to win the cup. Now Teemu and Brad can retire.
    "Only Nixon can go to China." -- Old Vulcan proverb.

Originally posted by gunnut View Post
    I called it back on May 15th:

http://www.worldaffairsboard.com/wor...tml#post374148

First team on the west coast to win the cup. Now Teemu and Brad can retire.
    Canada is in trouble when California kicks their ass at Hockey....poor Ottawa .
    Although it is not true that all conservatives are stupid people, it is true that most stupid people are conservative.
    - John Stuart Mill.

Comment

Congratulations Ducks,if it couldn't be the Wings I'm glad it was the Ducks
      "Every government degenerates when trusted to the rulers of the people alone. The people themselves, therefore, are its only safe depositories." Thomas Jefferson

Comment

Agreed. The Wings at least didn't disappoint this year, but at least the guys who beat them carried through.

-dale

Comment

The Ducks were by the far the superior hockey team, playing a much tighter and more disciplined game. I don't know what the hell happened to Ottawa. This was not the team that won the Eastern Conference.

Comment

So some guy called Stanley puts some ducks on a frozen pond and slides cups at them? Does the SPCA know about this?
            In the realm of spirit, seek clarity; in the material world, seek utility.

Leibniz

Comment

Originally posted by Officer of Engineers View Post
              The Ducks were by the far the superior hockey team, playing a much tighter and more disciplined game. I don't know what the hell happened to Ottawa. This was not the team that won the Eastern Conference.
              I would have to agree with you there,OOE.I expected a much fiercer battle out of the Sens after what they did to the Sabres.The Sens just looked a little out of sorts.Maybe next year.I'm hoping the Wings pick up some size on defense in the offseason.
              "Every government degenerates when trusted to the rulers of the people alone. The people themselves, therefore, are its only safe depositories." Thomas Jefferson

Comment

Originally posted by Parihaka View Post
                So some guy called Stanley puts some ducks on a frozen pond and slides cups at them? Does the SPCA know about this?
                So Pari,hockey's not real popular down in Kiwi land,Eh?

Comment

Originally posted by crooks View Post
                  Canada is in trouble when California kicks their ass at Hockey....poor Ottawa .
                  Actually the Ducks have the highest percentage of Canadian players on their squad than any other team in the NHL.

Comment

Originally posted by Officer of Engineers View Post
                    Ducks are much bigger and faster than the Sens. Where as the Sabres have the speed, but not the size to contend with the Sens. Having 2 Norris Trophy defensemen doesn't hurt either.

Jersey's offense is at best average. Brodeur is getting a bit old. Their defense is just not the same without the two Scotts.

Ottawa's offense is too concentrated on one line. Shut down that line and the Sens go away. The Pahlsson line was able to get in deep to forecheck against the Spezza line to wear them down. They couldn't score if they didn't have the puck.

The Ducks actually have 3 scoring lines during the playoffs. You can put your checking line against the McDonald line, but what about the Getzlaf line? They can score, and are much bigger than the average checking line. And they have speed too.

Then there's the goaltending. I thought Emery cheated a lot on shots. He's overly aggressive and let a few low shots get through the 5 hole. Giguere was not as dominating as he was 4 years ago, but solid enough to beat Emery.

Simply put, the 2 teams are about even on skills, but Ducks were bigger and faster, with better goaltending.

My humble observations.

Comment

Originally posted by gunnut View Post
                      My humble observations.
                      Pretty accurate ones from my perspective

Comment

Working...
                      X