X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Bhutan protests illegal Chinese road

Bhutan protests illegal Chinese road

http://indiareacts.com/nati2.asp?recno=3065

2 December 2004: Bhutan may lodge a UN complain against China for constructing a road network nine miles within its territory north-east of Thimpu, because no official reaction has come to its protests to Beijing.

Chinese diplomats in Beijing, Washington and London are adopting contradictory positions, either admitting that a sub-track of the road network deviates into Bhutan, or producing two ancient Tibetan maps showing Bhutan as part of it.

The third muted response is that the network of roads will advantage Bhutanese tourism, but Bhutan has not taken kindly to the flagrant territorial violation, and India has privately sought details to informally take up the matter with the Chinese as and when an opportunity presents itself.
    Very interesting indeed!

What are they up to?

"Some have learnt many Tricks of sly Evasion, Instead of Truth they use Equivocation, And eke it out with mental Reservation, Which is to good Men an Abomination."

I don't have to attend every argument I'm invited to.

HAKUNA MATATA

they did the same with india and indians couldnt do a damn about it . Well i dont think bhutan will even get that land back..

Comment

Working...
    X