X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Richards "snorted father's ashes"

Richards "snorted father's ashes"

Wed Apr 4, 9:07 AM ET

LONDON (Reuters) - Rolling Stones guitarist Keith Richards said in an interview that he snorted his father's ashes during a drugs binge, British media reported late Tuesday.
    ADVERTISEMENT

The top selling Sun tabloid said the interview appeared in the latest edition of the NME music magazine.

An NME spokeswoman said the story was genuine and not a late April Fool's joke, and that the edition in question would appear on newsstands across Britain from Wednesday. She did not have a copy of the interview available late Tuesday.

"The strangest thing I've tried to snort?" the Sun quoted Richards as saying in its early Wednesday edition.

"My father. I snorted my father.

"He was cremated and I couldn't resist grinding him up with a little bit of blow. My dad wouldn't have cared.

"It went down pretty well and I'm still alive."

According to the report, Richards' father, Bert, died in 2002 aged 84.

The 63-year-old rocker, who underwent an operation in New Zealand last year after reportedly falling out of a tree when in Fiji, also took a swipe at some of the big musical acts of today.

"Everyone's a load of crap," he said. "They are trying to be somebody else and they ain't being themselves. Libertines, Arctic Monkeys, Bloc Party? Load of crap, load of crap. Posers, rubbish."

Richards said he was proud of his ability to survive despite a legendary rock'n'roll lifestyle.

"I was number one on the 'Who's Likely To Die' list for 10 years. I mean, I was really disappointed when I fell off the list.

"Some doctor told me I had six months to live and I went to their funeral."

Richards' publicist in London was not immediately available for comment on the interview.
    In the realm of spirit, seek clarity; in the material world, seek utility.

Leibniz

Not so sure if I should be appalled, disgusted or not shocked at all.
    "To dream of the person you would like to be is to waste the person you are."-Sholem Asch

"I always turn to the sports page first, which records people's accomplishments. The front page has nothing but man's failures."-Earl Warren

"I didn't intend for this to take on a political tone. I'm just here for the drugs."-Nancy Reagan, when asked a political question at a "Just Say No" rally

"He no play-a da game, he no make-a da rules."-Earl Butz, on the Pope's attitude toward birth control

Comment

Originally posted by THL View Post
      Not so sure if I should be appalled, disgusted or not shocked at all.
      Nice bit of publicity me thinks;)

Comment

Blasphemy! He should be smited ... or something!
        ---------------------------------------
        (After his urn was busted over the head of a house invader. "Well, Granddaddy always did like a good fight!"--Stacey Sutton, (w,stte), "A View to a Kill")

Comment

He hasn't changed one bit in looks since the '60's.
          Welcome, you step into a forum of the flash bang, chew toy hell, and shove it down your throat brutal honesty. OoE

Comment

Jesus H ,,, he wouldnt look good pebble dashed would he

Comment

lol, this has shown up EVERYWHERE.

and now he's not allowed to help promote pirates of the carribean!

IESB.net - Independent Entertainment News - Snorting Up Dad Gets Keith Richards Banned from Pirates Press Events!

ahhhwhoops!

Comment

Originally posted by tankie View Post
                Jesus H ,,, he wouldnt look good pebble dashed would he
                I'v seen a better looking robbers dog

Comment

I would assume that it didnt taste too good...

Comment

Originally posted by jame$thegreat View Post
                    I would assume that it didnt taste too good...
                    JTG are you talking about the cigarette or his "sample" for AAAAAAAAAA

Comment

I'm shock this guy isn't dead.
                      Those who can't change become extinct.

Comment

Originally posted by wkllaw View Post
                        The Jury is still out on that one

Comment

Originally posted by wkllaw View Post
                          He is dead! His body and mine have not been told yet!!

Comment

It was a hoax or as his publicity guys said "A joke taken out of context".
                            That's a lovely visual. What's he drinking a Harvey Wallbanger?

Comment

Working...
                            X