Credit where credit is Due.

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Credit where credit is Due.

The French TGV broke the world speed record for locomotives today after being timed at 359 miles per hour. A splendid achievement. Bravo! :)
    Semper in excretum. Solum profunda variat.

Originally posted by glyn View Post
    The French TGV broke the world speed record for locomotives today after being timed at 359 miles per hour. A splendid achievement. Bravo! :)
    I bet it was traveling WEST, AWAY from the German border.

Comment

lol. thanks why we love you Bluesman
      In Iran people belive pepsi stands for pay each penny save israel. -urmomma158
      The Russian Navy is still a threat, but only to those unlucky enough to be Russian sailors.-highsea

Comment

Originally posted by Bluesman View Post
        Oooh....ouch....wow....that was pure genius.

So the French is chastising US and Australia for not doing enough to curb greenhouse gas emissions while demonstrating a 25,000HP train...
        "Only Nixon can go to China." -- Old Vulcan proverb.

Comment

So when do they break the world Record for most consecutive wars lost?

Comment

I bow to your wit Sir
            sigpicFEAR NAUGHT

Should raw analytical data ever be passed to policy makers?

Comment

They'll need it to move Allied troops around in their country for the umpteenth time in the last 200 years.

-dale

Comment

Where is the generosity of spirit that I expect from WAB members?
                (voice from aside) Absent, sir!
                Semper in excretum. Solum profunda variat.

Comment

I'll say well done to the French when they apologise for the Rainbow Warrior.

I would be tempted to put a coin on the track to see how well it gets flattened though
                  In the realm of spirit, seek clarity; in the material world, seek utility.

Leibniz

Comment

Originally posted by Parihaka View Post
                    I would be tempted to put a coin on the track to see how well it gets flattened though
                    Well...been there and done that.:)

But, to be really honest the coin would not stand on the track due to the tremors.

Mine was flat as a ...coin.
                    "To every man upon this earth, Death cometh soon or late;
                    And how can a man die better; Than facing fearful odds,
                    For the ashes of his father; And the temples of his gods."

Comment

I thought this was a maglev train. The coin would probably not flatten. Ideas anyone?

Comment

Beginning to think he's Jack Bauer in desguise!:
                        Fortitude.....The strength to persist...The courage to endure.

Comment

Originally posted by texasjohn View Post
                          I thought this was a maglev train. The coin would probably not flatten. Ideas anyone?
                          and does that nulify the greenhouse gas emissions comment previous?

Comment

Originally posted by texasjohn View Post
                            Nope, this is a regular double decker train with engines on the front and back (25K HP), the wheels were a little bit modified (big) to cover more distance in a single stroke than the regular wheels.

I agree with glyn, this is fantastic, California wants a TGV like this from Sacramento to San Diego with stops in SFO and LA.
                            A grain of wheat eclipsed the sun of Adam !!

Comment

an achievment is still an achievment , doesn´t matter which nationality does it . excellent!
                              If i only was so smart yesterday as my wife is today

Minding your own biz is great virtue, but situation awareness saves lives - Dok

Comment

Working...
                              X