Goodbye, gang!

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Goodbye, gang!

Just to let you know that I have resigned from WAB over a point of principle - which would be too tedious to explain. I would like to thank the board for letting me be here, and to thank the membership for their company. I have learned much along the way. The high point was when poor blameless Hot Patter was away and that frightful Harry Parka started some inspired mayhem. Anyway, I take this opportunity to wish WAB and the membership my best wishes. It would be churlish of me not to say goodbye. Fare ye well!
    Semper in excretum. Solum profunda variat.

please rethink, i hope mods will not delite you account right away, while i woudnt notice some other members disapearing, your leaving would be a big loss, imo. don't rush with desision, sleep on it, hope to see you back here.
    "Democracy is two wolves and a lamb voting on what to have for lunch. Liberty is a well-armed lamb contesting the vote!" B. Franklin

Comment

Dont leave man, take a break and see if you want to come back at a later date. Like omon said sleep on it.

Comment

yes, Glyn sleep on it, the 1RTR branch of WAB needs its senior member, although I do understand your principal.
        sigpicFEAR NAUGHT

Should raw analytical data ever be passed to policy makers?

Comment

Originally posted by glyn View Post
          Just to let you know that I have resigned from WAB over a point of principle - which would be too tedious to explain. I would like to thank the board for letting me be here, and to thank the membership for their company. I have learned much along the way. The high point was when poor blameless Hot Patter was away and that frightful Harry Parka started some inspired mayhem. Anyway, I take this opportunity to wish WAB and the membership my best wishes. It would be churlish of me not to say goodbye. Fare ye well!
          Glyn

It would be an absolute loss if you left. So dont. I hope you reconsider your decision..
          Karmani Vyapurutham Dhanuhu

Comment

Oh, no!! I will never get to see your tank models now!! Please re-consider, Sir.

Comment

I hate to see people leave, especially over some cyberspace disagreement. I do so hope you reconsider.
              "To dream of the person you would like to be is to waste the person you are."-Sholem Asch

"I always turn to the sports page first, which records people's accomplishments. The front page has nothing but man's failures."-Earl Warren

"I didn't intend for this to take on a political tone. I'm just here for the drugs."-Nancy Reagan, when asked a political question at a "Just Say No" rally

"He no play-a da game, he no make-a da rules."-Earl Butz, on the Pope's attitude toward birth control

Comment

Glynn,

I wish you would stay. I need some sanity around here around Tankie.

Comment

Glyn: You can't do that to me. I don't want to be the ONLY old geezer around here.

But whatever, I wish you the best of luck in any future endeavors. I will be very sorry to miss you and miss out on the friendly banter between us.

Sincerely,
                  Richard A. Landgraff
                  Historian-Long Beach Naval Shipyard
                  Chairman-Friends of the Navy
                  Member-Iowa Class Preservation Association
                  Able to leap tall tales in a single groan.

Comment

!!!

Sorry to see you go, Glyn.
                    "We will go through our federal budget – page by page, line by line – eliminating those programs we don’t need, and insisting that those we do operate in a sensible cost-effective way." -President Barack Obama 11/25/2008

Comment

Glyn,

Thank you for all the insights you have provided. I wish you could stay and continue to benefit us with your wisdom.
                      Last edited by kams; 18 Feb 07,, 19:28.

Comment

Originally posted by highsea View Post
                        !!!

Sorry to see you go, Glyn.
                        Glyn ,think of the standard of English and grammar. :) You have on occasion told us to be "bigger than that" now it's our turn!! As you can see people on the WAB want your company and wit ,please reconsider

Comment

Glyn maa-an Kindly do stay.
                          I'm probably a lot younger but do consider staying.

i absolutely feel bad about these alvida stuffs.

Comment

Glyn,

I hope you reconsider your decision. If there an issue with a moderation action or any other issue, contact me.

Regards, Matt
                            "Every man has his weakness. Mine was always just cigarettes."

Comment

Glyn,
                              Reconsoder it Sir, no one here types in blue and a different font.
                              A grain of wheat eclipsed the sun of Adam !!

Comment

Working...
                              X