Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

How's about we bring back the East Asia forums?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• How's about we bring back the East Asia forums?

Just been thinking that lumping all of the Middle East, Africa, Latin America, East Asia and the Pacific together in the "International" forums is a bit much, maybe we separate out some of them again?

There's already multiple redundant forums for every defense and military development, and I believe what we have now is adequate. Really it's a balancing act of gaging the interest of the community, judging if the interest is there, seeing if we can attract discussion.

I believe it's better to have more issue-specific, intensified-focus sections if a conflict/situation is of high enough intensity where the creation of such a forum would be justified.

Australia and New Zealand would fall under the NATO/ABCA forum, as both are full members of the ABCA alliance.

ABCA Armies - Wikipedia, the free encyclopedia

If we could attract enough interest, I would be keen on creating a forum for China military watchers... but first we must let things settle and not go about making too many changes.

The broad regional grouping format was a failure (with the exception of the South Asian forum, of which 90% concerns the conflict between two nations, so in a way it's kind of issue-specific). Regional forums are not going to be revived. It's been proven better to have sections by "bloc" and conflict, and perhaps nation-specific if the nation is individually a powerful actor on the world stage.
    "Every man has his weakness. Mine was always just cigarettes."

Comment

Working...
    X