This is encouraging - if you are for Kerry

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• This is encouraging - if you are for Kerry

I've been watching this site since the start of the debates. It's been solidly Bush for a long time, but the tide is changing.

http://www.electoral-vote.com

Originally posted by Fonnicker
    I've been watching this site since the start of the debates. It's been solidly Bush for a long time, but the tide is changing.

http://www.electoral-vote.com
    Wow.....that is so interesting. Could you imagine Kerry winning the electoral votes AND the popular votes?

Comment

Originally posted by Julie
      Wow.....that is so interesting. Could you imagine Kerry winning the electoral votes AND the popular votes?

I will sleep well that night should it work out that way.

Comment

There's also this site which relies on more polls and avgs. :)
        http://uselectionatlas.org/USPRESIDE...2004/polls.php

Comment

Here is another one from NewYork Times which has Kerry leading in electoral votes.

Kerry --------221
          Undecided --104
          Bush --------213

http://www.nytimes.com/packages/html...GUIDE_GRAPHIC/

So it all depends on which way the undecided states go. Kerry would need 51 electoral votes from the undecided states, whereas Bush would need 59. Pretty Close.

Comment

And here is something for the statistics lovers among us:

http://synapse.princeton.edu/%7Esam/pollcalc.html#EVmap

According to this site, which is maintained by a Princeton Professor, John Kerry will carry 302 electoral votes on Nov. 2. I don't understand his math models, but he claims to use sound statistics on the polling data. Also, according to this site the probability that John Kerry will receive 270 electoral votes or more is at 93%.
            Good news for the Democratic party.

Comment

Show me a poll that says one thing, I will show you a poll that says another.
              No man is free until all men are free - John Hossack
              I agree completely with this Administration’s goal of a regime change in Iraq-John Kerry
              even if that enforcement is mostly at the hands of the United States, a right we retain even if the Security Council fails to act-John Kerry
              He may even miscalculate and slide these weapons off to terrorist groups to invite them to be a surrogate to use them against the United States. It’s the miscalculation that poses the greatest threat-John Kerry

Comment

I don't put alot of faith in polls either, even when the person I'm rooting for is winning.
                Facts to a liberal is like Kryptonite to Superman.

-- Larry Elder

Comment

How about putting faith in this poll (of sorts)....

Masked revelers prefer Bush, Halloween mask sales predictor says incumbent will beat Kerry in November.
                  September 21, 2004: 12:24 PM EDT
                  By Parija Bhatnagar, CNN/Money staff writer

NEW YORK (CNN/Money) - Forget about the guesswork from the political pundits and ignore all those election polls.

The real key to predicting the outcome of the presidential election is this year's face-off of the Halloween masks.

It's as unscientific as it gets, but the theory, according to some people in the costume business, is that the winner in every election since 1980 has been the candidate whose masks were most popular on Halloween.

So far this year, Bush masks have been outselling those of Democratic presidential nominee John Kerry by a 57 percent to 43 percent margin, according to one outfit, BuyCostumes.com, the online arm of Wisconsin-based costume marketer Buyseasons Inc.

BuyCostumes.com says Halloween sales figures from manufacturers, national store chains and its own efforts have accurately picked the last six presidential elections.

So does this mean W. gets a second term in office?

"It hasn't failed us yet," Daniel Haight, chief operating officer at Buyseasons, said in an interview. "The masks are a great way for people to express their political leanings at a Halloween party or at a political gathering."

Haight declined to disclose just how many Bush and Kerry masks the company has sold so far, saying only that several thousand had been sold of each candidate.

The company's most popular presidential mask? That of former president Ronald Reagan in 1984, Haight said.

"Bill Clinton masks are still very popular and masks of Bush cabinet members such as Condoleeza Rice and Colin Powell are also gaining popularity."

"As a company, we're neutral in terms of affiliation," Haight said. "We're just having lots of fun with the mask predictor. We're not here to influence people one way or the other on how to vote. We want the customer to influence the outcome through their wallets."

My question is could you emagine a Janet Reno or Teresa Heinz Kerry mask? Scary stuff!!!

-- Larry Elder

Comment

Originally posted by smilingassassin
                    The real key to predicting the outcome of the presidential election is this year's face-off of the Halloween masks.
                    Well, hey...that solves the voting machine problems! Americans don't have to vote.....just buy halloween masks, and that will tell the true reality of the election!

Come on.....do you know how many elderly people that will be voting this year that won't even buy a Halloween mask? Not to mention, the overseas ballots.

That is a targeted group of voters just like all of the polls taken. That unscientific method just shows that the majority of persons who buy Halloween masks probably vote.

More people, young and old, will be voting this year than ever before. That is what is going to be the difference, and no survey polls and/or unscientific polls are going to tell the proposed winner of this year's Presidential Election.

Comment

Julie you really need a sence of humor, that wasn't a serious attempt to predict a winner, lighten up!

-- Larry Elder

Comment

Originally posted by smilingassassin
                        Julie you really need a sence of humor, that wasn't a serious attempt to predict a winner, lighten up!
                        It is very hard for me in this day and time to find my "sense of humor," expecially when you have no idea what decisions will be made in the next four years.

Comment

Originally posted by Julie
                          expecially when you have no idea what decisions will be made in the next four years.
                          "You mix it all together in your dreams
                          Ingredients from the seven Seas and
                          I'm realizing things ain't what they seem
                          That's the riddle of it
                          That's the spirit of it
                          That's the power of life "
                          Aqua - Around The World
                          No man is free until all men are free - John Hossack
                          I agree completely with this Administration’s goal of a regime change in Iraq-John Kerry
                          even if that enforcement is mostly at the hands of the United States, a right we retain even if the Security Council fails to act-John Kerry
                          He may even miscalculate and slide these weapons off to terrorist groups to invite them to be a surrogate to use them against the United States. It’s the miscalculation that poses the greatest threat-John Kerry

Comment

Working...
                          X