This topic is closed.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Can moderators be warned/banned?

Moderators have been given rights not shared by other users of this message board. I wonder whether there are circumstances where their posts should be reviewed and if they are found not to be impartial in their duties or their posts are too extreme, can they have those rights taken away from them?

Yes, they can.
    No man is free until all men are free - John Hossack
    I agree completely with this Administration’s goal of a regime change in Iraq-John Kerry
    even if that enforcement is mostly at the hands of the United States, a right we retain even if the Security Council fails to act-John Kerry
    He may even miscalculate and slide these weapons off to terrorist groups to invite them to be a surrogate to use them against the United States. It’s the miscalculation that poses the greatest threat-John Kerry

Comment

And then we hunt them down, "delete" them, remove their posts, and act as though they never existed and nothing had ever happened, because no one can prove a thing. ;)
      The black flag is raised: Ban them all... Let the Admin sort them out.

I know I'm going to have the last word... I have powers of deletion and lock.

Comment

Originally posted by Horrido
        And then we hunt them down, "delete" them, remove their posts, and act as though they never existed and nothing had ever happened, because no one can prove a thing. ;)

LOL

ahhhh .... the pleasures of POWER ..... LOL

Comment

Pleasures of Power?

A deviate way to approach duties and responsibilties to look at it as a means to exercise 'power' over other mortals.

It is a very difficult task to be a Judge.

The exercise of what one may feel is "power" can become a great between tussle of the conscience and the heart. And the conscience (justice) has to triumph. A very difficult and onerous task. Those who have expereienced it alone know!

It is not 'power' when harm is done. Any fool can do that.

It is 'power' when good is done. It is easiest to harm and destroy, but it is very difficult to do good.

"Some have learnt many Tricks of sly Evasion, Instead of Truth they use Equivocation, And eke it out with mental Reservation, Which is to good Men an Abomination."

I don't have to attend every argument I'm invited to.

HAKUNA MATATA

Comment

I personally feel Moderators and Administrators should be able to post their opinions in a manner that it does not intimidate and/or show direct criticism to other members. If they can not do that, then they should not be a Moderator.

Comment

Originally posted by Julie
              able to post their opinions
              Someone will allways be offended, intimidated, something, by an opinion that is not agreed with. The mods and admins are just loosely trying to enforce the rules and keep the peace, while still being able to enjoy the place too.
              I agree completely with this Administration’s goal of a regime change in Iraq-John Kerry
              even if that enforcement is mostly at the hands of the United States, a right we retain even if the Security Council fails to act-John Kerry
              He may even miscalculate and slide these weapons off to terrorist groups to invite them to be a surrogate to use them against the United States. It’s the miscalculation that poses the greatest threat-John Kerry

Comment

Originally posted by Confed999
                Someone will allways be offended, intimidated, something, by an opinion that is not agreed with. The mods and admins are just loosely trying to enforce the rules and keep the peace, while still being able to enjoy the place too.
                Of course opinions aren't going to be agreed with. I believe my words were "direct criticism" of others' opinions. When Moderators use "direct criticism" towards others' posted opinions simply because the Moderator doesn't happen to agree with the opinion, power plays should not be used to get the final word. That is unfair and unbalanced, and not considered "keeping the peace" as you so eloquently put it. :)

Comment

use "direct criticism" towards others' posted opinions
                  Simply stating an alternate opinion could be considered criticism. There is nothing wrong with being critical, as long as it's done without malice. It would be hard to express an alternate opinion, without finding fault in the opposing viewpoint.

Comment

Of course opinions aren't going to be agreed with. I believe my words were "direct criticism" of others' opinions. When Moderators use "direct criticism" towards others' posted opinions simply because the Moderator doesn't happen to agree with the opinion, power plays should not be used to get the final word. That is unfair and unbalanced, and not considered "keeping the peace" as you so eloquently put it. :)
                    but a mod is also a member and has a right to express his opinion.

I think what is important is that the mods seperates his duties as a mod from his responsibilities as a member ...

While posting an opinion, he should solely regard himself as a member .... while performing his duties as a mod .... he should solely regard whether rules have been followed by all equally including himself.

Comment

Originally posted by visioninthedark

I think what is important is that the mods seperates his duties as a mod from his responsibilities as a member ...

While posting an opinion, he should solely regard himself as a member .... while performing his duties as a mod .... he should solely regard whether rules have been followed by all equally including himself.

I totally agree.

Comment

If you ever feel a post is inappropriate, please use the 'report post' icon, and it will be reviewed.

Comment

What about Chris? The man himself as emulated me once, and told Sqwert to STFU. Can he be reported and/or banned?

Comment

Originally posted by visioninthedark

And how is this done?

He writes Moderator in his Avtar and then lets loose as a member.

Then some one kicks him (the Moderator) in the pants with logic and then the Moderator becomes a Moderator and bans him?

Rather convoluted logic.

Wonders never cease!

"Some have learnt many Tricks of sly Evasion, Instead of Truth they use Equivocation, And eke it out with mental Reservation, Which is to good Men an Abomination."

I don't have to attend every argument I'm invited to.

HAKUNA MATATA

Comment

Originally posted by Ray
                              And how is this done?

He writes Moderator in his Avtar and then lets loose as a member.

Then some one kicks him (the Moderator) in the pants with logic and then the Moderator becomes a Moderator and bans him?

Rather convoluted logic.

Wonders never cease!
                              its not that difficult a concept to grasp!

all a moderator has to do is sseperate his duty as a moderator from his personal membership .....

while posting as a member .... he should simply think of himself as a member ....

while reviewing the posts ... he should look which is following the rule and which is not ...

he should not ABUSE his power for personal benefit ...

its simple ... and none should have difficulty understanding the concept ...

Comment

Working...
                              X