Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Ooooopps

http://www.cnn.com/2006/WORLD/europe...eut/index.html

BERLIN, Germany (Reuters) -- A 21-year-old German tourist who wanted to visit his girlfriend in the Australian metropolis Sydney landed 13,000 kilometers (8,077 miles) away near Sidney, Montana, after mistyping his destination on a flight booking Web site.

Dressed for the Australian summer in T-shirt and shorts, Tobi Gutt left Germany on Saturday for a four-week holiday.

Instead of arriving "down under", Gutt found himself on a different continent and bound for the chilly state of Montana.

"I did wonder but I didn't want to say anything," Gutt told the Bild newspaper. "I thought to myself, you can fly to Australia via the United States."

Gutt's airline ticket routed him via the U.S. city of Portland, Oregon, to Billings, Montana. Only as he was about to board a commuter flight to Sidney -- an oil town of about 5,000 people -- did he realize his mistake.

The hapless tourist, who had only a thin jacket to keep out the winter cold, spent three days in Billings airport before he was able to buy a new ticket to Australia with 600 euros in cash that his parents and friends sent over from Germany.

"I didn't notice the mistake as my son is usually good with computers," his mother, Sabine, told Reuters.
    "To dream of the person you would like to be is to waste the person you are."-Sholem Asch

"I always turn to the sports page first, which records people's accomplishments. The front page has nothing but man's failures."-Earl Warren

"I didn't intend for this to take on a political tone. I'm just here for the drugs."-Nancy Reagan, when asked a political question at a "Just Say No" rally

"He no play-a da game, he no make-a da rules."-Earl Butz, on the Pope's attitude toward birth control

Ha !.....bet his gf was really pee-oed.

Comment

And yet the saying is "There's no fool like an old fool"! Perhaps he is trying to get a head start on the rest of his generation.
      Semper in excretum. Solum profunda variat.

Comment

About ten years ago some child was travelling alone to Oakland Ca. His first stop was at LAX, and from there Oakland. Unfortunately, he heard "Flight Blah blah to Oakland. Gate XX" So he went on what he believed to be the right plane. Two hrs later he looked out the window to find all ocean and he learned the plane was going to Aukland.

I can tell what Toby Gutt was thinking when he saw his connecting flight. " "How the hell is that tiny puddle jumper ever going to make it all the way to Australia?"
        Removing a single turd from the cesspool doesn't make any difference.

Comment

Tobi is an amusing fellow, hope he bought a nice gift somewhere to give to the girlfriend to make up for his oops.
          Welcome, you step into a forum of the flash bang, chew toy hell, and shove it down your throat brutal honesty. OoE

Comment

Adventure

I once missed a flight because my girlfriend left her glasses in her luggage. She misread gate 1B as Gate 13 so we went to the wrong boarding gate. It turned out to be a wonderful vacation after an inauspicious start. We got to learn how we handled adversity together. I couldn't have picked a better companion.
            Reddite igitur quae sunt Caesaris Caesari et quae sunt Dei Deo
            (Render therefore unto Caesar the things which are Caesar's and unto God the things which are God's)

Comment

Working...
            X