Bush/Cheney - The Weakest Link?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Bush/Cheney - The Weakest Link?

Cheney asserted Saddam's Iraq "had an established relationship with Al Qaeda."

http://www.msnbc.msn.com/id/6189795/

http://www.msnbc.msn.com/id/6188101/

Can you believe when Chenney was CEO of Haliburtan he was doing business with both Iran and Iraq and violating US sanctions against these countries?

That is beyound pale by any standard.

Comment

Originally posted by turnagainarm
      Can you believe when Chenney was CEO of Haliburtan he was doing business with both Iran and Iraq and violating US sanctions against these countries?

Absolutely. And, I totally agree. Not only that, Halliburton is still receiving payment for services rendered. Bush and Cheney assert that Halliburton was the only corporation available and qualified to perform the work in the time allotted.

That is a lie. Immediately after the fall of Saddam, Kofi Annan, publically asserted that the UN would come in and aid in the reconstruction, immediately. The Bush administration said, "nah, if you didn't help with the invasion, you will not benefit from the reconstruction contracts."

Not only that, but how can the US hold the UN accountable for the mis-management of the oil-for-food program monies, when a US politician was doing dirty deeds with countries under sanctions???? The US credibility is shot.

In summary, because of the decision-making of the Bush Administration, we are incurring the majority of the costs of the war, plus the costs of reconstruction.
      Last edited by Julie; 06 Oct 04,, 19:06.

Comment

I don't believe it.

"Some have learnt many Tricks of sly Evasion, Instead of Truth they use Equivocation, And eke it out with mental Reservation, Which is to good Men an Abomination."

I don't have to attend every argument I'm invited to.

HAKUNA MATATA

Comment

Originally posted by Ray
          I don't believe it.
          Ray, it's been known for years. Haliburton was even fined millions for doing business with sanctioned countries.

As expected John Edward brought these up during his deabte against Chenney.

Comment

There you go again, DNC help you? DNC Talking point #1: Scream Haliburtan until the public forgets John Kerry's 30 year senate record.

Comment

Originally posted by Gio
              There you go again, DNC help you? DNC Talking point #1: Scream Haliburtan until the public forgets John Kerry's 30 year senate record.
              Gio,

Is it wrong to bring up Haliburton? You don't see problem with Haliburton doing business with Iraq/Iran during the 90's when these countries were under US sanctions?

You don't see any problem with Haliburton awarded unbid contract worth billions of dollers?

By the way Kerry does not have a 30 year seneate record, he has only 20 year long senate record, and depending on the perspective i.e. if you are a democrat/liberal his record is just fine!

Comment

20 years granted. I fail to see how this is an issue anyway, what are you guys doing? Rallying the Mike Moore electorate? Is this how you're moving twords the centre? Last night's debate with brilliant, it achived its main objective of rallying the GOP base by throwing Kerry's record for the nation to see. Campaign rhetoric and promises can't hide 20 years of incompetantace on the military. And it may suit you fine, but reality check: 1/3rd of your base is hawks! Have fun!

Comment

Originally posted by Gio
                  20 years granted. I fail to see how this is an issue anyway, what are you guys doing? Rallying the Mike Moore electorate? Is this how you're moving twords the centre? Last night's debate with brilliant, it achived its main objective of rallying the GOP base by throwing Kerry's record for the nation to see. Campaign rhetoric and promises can't hide 20 years of incompetantace on the military. And it may suit you fine, but reality check: 1/3rd of your base is hawks! Have fun!
                  Gio, it is an issue because Bush had no Senate record when voted as President....AND IT SHOWS !!!

Comment

Originally posted by Julie
                    "had an established relationship with Al Qaeda."
                    Abu Musab al-Zarqawi
                    No man is free until all men are free - John Hossack
                    I agree completely with this Administration’s goal of a regime change in Iraq-John Kerry
                    even if that enforcement is mostly at the hands of the United States, a right we retain even if the Security Council fails to act-John Kerry
                    He may even miscalculate and slide these weapons off to terrorist groups to invite them to be a surrogate to use them against the United States. It’s the miscalculation that poses the greatest threat-John Kerry

Comment

Originally posted by Confed999
                      Abu Musab al-Zarqawi

CIA said he did not have any link with Saddam regime.

Notice how Bush has chaned his rhetoric on the campaign trail and he nows says Zarqawi was in Iraq instead of his previous mantra that Zatqawi had links with Saddam.

Comment

CIA said he did not have any link with Saddam regime.
                        Link? I'm going by a DOD release, and haven't seen anything refuting that he had recieved medical assistance in Baghdad. Somebody like this can't wander around a police state without the people in charge knowing it.
                        No man is free until all men are free - John Hossack
                        I agree completely with this Administration’s goal of a regime change in Iraq-John Kerry
                        even if that enforcement is mostly at the hands of the United States, a right we retain even if the Security Council fails to act-John Kerry
                        He may even miscalculate and slide these weapons off to terrorist groups to invite them to be a surrogate to use them against the United States. It’s the miscalculation that poses the greatest threat-John Kerry

Comment

Politicians all over the world are incompetent and that is not a new thing for anyone to know.

However, politicians work under certain paradigm:

1. Be populist.
                          2. Don't rock the boat.
                          3. Keep your eye on the next election. That is why a President is bolder in his second term since he knows he won't be able to stand for another election.

Therefore, personally they maybe brilliant, but are constrained by the paradigm or matrix of operation.

"Some have learnt many Tricks of sly Evasion, Instead of Truth they use Equivocation, And eke it out with mental Reservation, Which is to good Men an Abomination."

I don't have to attend every argument I'm invited to.

HAKUNA MATATA

Comment

I don't like populism, i see too many sheep.

Comment

Get this. Now if the US can ban the Boeing deal because of corrupt "sweeheart deals", and conflicts of interest.....shouldn't Haliburton fall under that same philosophy?

http://www.msnbc.msn.com/id/6204923/

Comment

Working...
                              X