Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• American Policy

Hello everyone,

First off I'd like to say that I am an American, born and raised. As you'll soon find out (that is if you do me the courtesy of reading my opinions below), I am a strong conservative as far a political and foreign policy go. Over the last couple days I have been thinking about key points in American Policy that need to be changed in order for the United States as we know it today to survive. I came up with four points that need to be addressed in the near future.

1) International Outsourcing. It needs to be stopped. This is causing a major problem with jobs in the United States. The reasons for companies to do this is obvious. It is simply cheaper to find labor or to produce goods in other countries (usually 3rd world). How can we stop this, and open up thousands of new jobs to Americans that are rightly fully theirs? The best way would be to lower taxes on companies that operate fully within the United States. And then place a heavy tariff/tax on any US companies that import products, our outsource jobs to/from other countries. Basically, making it more expensive to do business outside the US than in it. (Note, this is only for US companies, not foreign companies)

2) Close off immigration until the majority of the illegal immigrants are dealt with. The border patrol were recently enforced with some additional US troops to help secure the border. But what is little known is that they are not allowed to carry guns. I mean, come on! What are the border patrol supposed to do..point at the Mexicans as they run across the Rio Grand? The fact is that border patrol is an absolute joke right now, and it needs to be fixed.

When I was in high school looking for minimum wage jobs just like my parents did at that age, I found one thing had changed. My parents had no problem finding jobs at McDonald's and other typical teenager work places. But to my dismay it was near impossible to find a job, and most of my friends were jobless to. Who were the people who took the jobs instead of the American teenagers? Illegal Mexicans. Everyone has noticed, I mean, you can't even order at a fast food restaurant anymore with out being able to speak Spanglish! The age old saying of kids flunking out of school and having to say, "Would you like fries with that?" is quickly turning into, "żusted tienen gusto de las fritadas con eso?"....exactly.

3) Increase our Isolationism. After the Cold War ended we have started to go more and more against our pre-isolationism of the pre-WW2 era. Over the past 50 years we have taken it upon ourselves to govern and decide what is in the best interests for everyone else in the world. The government says that we need to meddle in other countries affairs in order to keep our national security secure. IF that is true then shouldn't Australia be a war zone for terrorists? Is it not entirely possible that had the US never interfered in the middle east then 9/11 would have never happened?

4) One National Language...ENGLISH! Driving around in America today it is not uncommon to find signs/billboards written in Spanish. There are even pockets of Mexicans that live in the US in small communities that cannot speak a word of English, yet they are allowed to live here. This is one thing will tear this country apart, and nothing is being done to stop it.

When this nation was founded, it was founded as a melting pot community, where people immigrated and mixed in their culture with ours, enriching the American culture. Though, in those times it was mostly Europeans that were coming to America so for the most part the cultures were very similar. Also the immigrants coming over would make attempts to adapt and join our culture even our to cultures meeting half way on some things, such as Little Italy in New York. It has not been until recently that the Mexicans come into our country illegally and make no attempt into our culture. Make no attempt to speak or learn our language. And instead of being peaceful about it they protest and lead marches, waving banners that read, "Viva Mexico" on the front porch of the White House!! Don't get me wrong I love the melting Pot theory and it enriches our culture. But when a people's comes into our country, for the most part illegally, and then try's to force their culture onto us, one word comes to mind. Reconquista.

Well, these are just my opinions, take them or leave them as you will. Thanks for taking the time to read them and tell me what you think.

Peace.

1) Outsourcing: Most economists do not view outsourcing as a threat to the economy. http://www.capmag.com/article.asp?ID=3565

2) Close off immigration until the majority of the illegal immigrants are dealt with. Providing public education for children of illegal aliens costs about $3.1 billion in the seven key states. Illegal aliens in prison cost about $471 million a year, and they consume about $445 million more in Medicaid funds. But these costs are offset by about $1.9 billion in taxes paid by illegals and billions more in consumer spending. The US currently has a 4.5% unemployment rate.

3) Increase our Isolationism. The consensus amongst most economists is that such a policy is detrimental, and point to the mercantilism of the pre-industrial era as the classic example.

4) One National Language...ENGLISH! No argument there. :)

Comment

Originally posted by Criniit View Post
      I came up with four points that need to be addressed in the near future.

Peace.
      Sounds like you should live in France
      :parihakarunsforcover:
      In the realm of spirit, seek clarity; in the material world, seek utility.

Leibniz

Comment

Freakin Brit...hehe but yeah I had that one coming :)

Comment

Isolationism absolutely cannot be any part of American foreign policy as long as we want to maintain our status as part of the world's leadership.

-dale

Comment

Amend the XIV Amendment. Do not automatically grant US citizenship to anyone born on this land. Grant the same status to the children as their parents.
            "Only Nixon can go to China." -- Old Vulcan proverb.

Comment

[QUOTE=Criniit;314478]

Bully for you!

1) International Outsourcing. It needs to be stopped. This is causing a major problem with jobs in the United States. The reasons for companies to do this is obvious. It is simply cheaper to find labor or to produce goods in other countries (usually 3rd world). How can we stop this, and open up thousands of new jobs to Americans that are rightly fully theirs? The best way would be to lower taxes on companies that operate fully within the United States. And then place a heavy tariff/tax on any US companies that import products, our outsource jobs to/from other countries. Basically, making it more expensive to do business outside the US than in it. (Note, this is only for US companies, not foreign companies)
              Not a bad idea.

Be ready to pay through your nose for products that you find essential for everyday use.

No more cheap Chinese and Taiwanese goods!

2) Close off immigration until the majority of the illegal immigrants are dealt with. The border patrol were recently enforced with some additional US troops to help secure the border. But what is little known is that they are not allowed to carry guns. I mean, come on! What are the border patrol supposed to do..point at the Mexicans as they run across the Rio Grand? The fact is that border patrol is an absolute joke right now, and it needs to be fixed.

When I was in high school looking for minimum wage jobs just like my parents did at that age, I found one thing had changed. My parents had no problem finding jobs at McDonald's and other typical teenager work places. But to my dismay it was near impossible to find a job, and most of my friends were jobless to. Who were the people who took the jobs instead of the American teenagers? Illegal Mexicans. Everyone has noticed, I mean, you can't even order at a fast food restaurant anymore with out being able to speak Spanglish! The age old saying of kids flunking out of school and having to say, "Would you like fries with that?" is quickly turning into, "¿usted tienen gusto de las fritadas con eso?"....exactly.
              Illegals should be stopped, but immigration?
              I presume every American today was a Sioux etc.

3) Increase our Isolationism. After the Cold War ended we have started to go more and more against our pre-isolationism of the pre-WW2 era. Over the past 50 years we have taken it upon ourselves to govern and decide what is in the best interests for everyone else in the world. The government says that we need to meddle in other countries affairs in order to keep our national security secure. IF that is true then shouldn't Australia be a war zone for terrorists? Is it not entirely possible that had the US never interfered in the middle east then 9/11 would have never happened?
              BTW is your actual name Wodrow Wilson?

And anyway, you maybe right. The world I presume would have heaved a sigh of relief. Notwithstanding, the US would be as progressive as the Amish folks!
              [QUOTE]
              4) One National Language...ENGLISH! Driving around in America today it is not uncommon to find signs/billboards written in Spanish. There are even pockets of Mexicans that live in the US in small communities that cannot speak a word of English, yet they are allowed to live here. This is one thing will tear this country apart, and nothing is being done to stop it.

When this nation was founded, it was founded as a melting pot community, where people immigrated and mixed in their culture with ours, enriching the American culture. Though, in those times it was mostly Europeans that were coming to America so for the most part the cultures were very similar. Also the immigrants coming over would make attempts to adapt and join our culture even our to cultures meeting half way on some things, such as Little Italy in New York. It has not been until recently that the Mexicans come into our country illegally and make no attempt into our culture. Make no attempt to speak or learn our language. And instead of being peaceful about it they protest and lead marches, waving banners that read, "Viva Mexico" on the front porch of the White House!! Don't get me wrong I love the melting Pot theory and it enriches our culture. But when a people's comes into our country, for the most part illegally, and then try's to force their culture onto us, one word comes to mind. Reconquista.
              I live in a country where the billboards and signs are mostly in four languages i.e. English, Hindi, Urdu and the local state language. We survive.

Well, these are just my opinions, take them or leave them as you will. Thanks for taking the time to read them and tell me what you think.
              I have taken your opinion and have partially left it! ;)

[QUOTE]
              Peace.
              Wie Sie Wollen.

Vive le France!

"Some have learnt many Tricks of sly Evasion, Instead of Truth they use Equivocation, And eke it out with mental Reservation, Which is to good Men an Abomination."

I don't have to attend every argument I'm invited to.

HAKUNA MATATA

Comment

[QUOTE=Ray;314598][QUOTE=Criniit;314478]

Bully for you!

Not a bad idea.

Be ready to pay through your nose for products that you find essential for everyday use.

No more cheap Chinese and Taiwanese goods!

It would only be a tariff on American companies outsourcing, other Chinese/Taiwan/Japan, companies would not be affected.

Illegals should be stopped, but immigration?
                I presume every American today was a Sioux etc.

Ok maybe stopping all immigration is a bit extreme but the US has a serious problem with illegals that it needs to fix, and soon.

BTW is your actual name Wodrow Wilson?

And anyway, you maybe right. The world I presume would have heaved a sigh of relief. Notwithstanding, the US would be as progressive as the Amish folks!
                [QUOTE]

Lol, I just believe that if we stop bugging everyone else, eventually they'll stop bugging us. Well that might not work so simply but its the general idea. I think, in general, the US population would rather live in peace than be in a constant state of war with half the globe(clear over statement but whatever lol)

I live in a country where the billboards and signs are mostly in four languages i.e. English, Hindi, Urdu and the local state language. We survive.

Ehh, I've never met an American who is not offended when they see a billboard in Spanish.

I have taken your opinion and have partially left it! ;)

Wie Sie Wollen.

Vive le France!
                Whats with the French stuff? Geez lol

PS: remind me never to type in Red again..it hurts my eyes!

Comment

The French stuff is in response to Parihaka's comment in the post above.

Also, my school was founded by a French General in the service of the British East India Company and so felt its worthwhile to defend France! ;) :) Just a lark!

BTW Parkihaka is not British. He comes from Maoriland, swamped by Anglo Saxon immigrants!

"Some have learnt many Tricks of sly Evasion, Instead of Truth they use Equivocation, And eke it out with mental Reservation, Which is to good Men an Abomination."

I don't have to attend every argument I'm invited to.

HAKUNA MATATA

Comment

Haha gotcha :) I thought he was a Brit cause of his flag on his profile.

Comment

Well, if you don't mind me saying, it sounds to me like you have an over-reactionary response to America's problems.
                      Outsourcing is a pretty good thing. Doesn't hurt to have people doing what they do best, even though China does some unhealthy currency manipulation. Wages are going up, especially when you consider "the Wal-Mart effect" (IE, inflation is lower than what is actually stated). Unemployment is very low.
                      Now, if you say "we need to educate our children better, because a healthy economy requires greater human capital as well as better physical capital," I would whole-heartedly agree with you. Most of our economic problems are the result of over-regulation and too little education (even though, on average, we have more college educated people than every other nation except Canada, there is a gap).

As to immigration...I'd go with gunnut. With the addendum that anyone getting a college degree in this nation needs to have a green card stapled to their diploma. :)
                      "The great questions of the day will not be settled by means of speeches and majority decisions but by iron and blood"-Otto Von Bismarck

Comment

Hello everyone,

1) International Outsourcing. It needs to be stopped.
                        International outsourcing is a two way street. The companies I consult for and a lot of aviation companies in the US are major beneficiaries of foreigners who outsource to the USA.

2) Close off immigration until the majority of the illegal immigrants are dealt with.
                        I hope you do not mean to close off legal immigration. That would harm the US, not help it.

3) Increase our Isolationism. ... Is it not entirely possible that had the US never interfered in the middle east then 9/11 would have never happened?
                        Islam's complaints against the US go far beyond our so called meddling in the Middle East. Indeed, most of our policies in the Middle East are neglect rather than any affirmative action. However, we could go a long way toward defanging various terrorist organizations and Iran if we pushed Israel to make a deal with the Palestinians. The rest of Islam's gripes about us are not easily rectified. Our culture is permissive, theirs is not. Our politics are broad, theirs are narrow. Our view on relgious freedom is directly opposite of theirs. Change any of those aspects and you fundamentally change what is the USA. I think very few Americans would agree with that.

4) One National Language...ENGLISH!
                        No disagreement there. Any successful immigrant will tell you that English proficiency is the first key to making a success of the US.

Comment

Haha gotcha :) I thought he was a Brit cause of his flag on his profile.
                          If you hold your cursor over the flag, a small pop-up will tell you the identity of the country ;)
                          “He was the most prodigious personification of all human inferiorities. He was an utterly incapable, unadapted, irresponsible, psychopathic personality, full of empty, infantile fantasies, but cursed with the keen intuition of a rat or a guttersnipe. He represented the shadow, the inferior part of everybody’s personality, in an overwhelming degree, and this was another reason why they fell for him.”

Comment

Working...
                          X