No announcement yet.

Congratuale me! Need some feedback too.

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Congratuale me! Need some feedback too.

hello everyone, havent been able to participate in WAB for a few months due to interviews all over the east coast.

And now my fiancee and I have gotten residency (MD) in the same hospital in NY in Internal Medicine. Plan to get married next yr.

The thing tht im a bit apprehensive about is tht the hosp. is in Bronx and tht isnt the best neighbourhood. Any one here from that part?? Need a few suggestions as to where we could get an apartment fairly close to the hosp. ( 183 St., 3rd. Av.,Bronx) thats good and doesnt burn a hole in the pocket. (We get a measly salary of 45,000/yr during residency,though we both would be earning).

Thnx

Regards

My congratulations ... and how much buttering up do we need to do to get a discount?

Comment

Congratulations.
      I am not from NYC, but nearby- NJ. Do let me know if I could be of any help.

Comment

congrats man, i know how hard it is to get it in the same hospital. Job well done.
        A grain of wheat eclipsed the sun of Adam !!

Comment

How very very cool! Congratualtions, p_p.
          "To dream of the person you would like to be is to waste the person you are."-Sholem Asch

"I always turn to the sports page first, which records people's accomplishments. The front page has nothing but man's failures."-Earl Warren

"I didn't intend for this to take on a political tone. I'm just here for the drugs."-Nancy Reagan, when asked a political question at a "Just Say No" rally

"He no play-a da game, he no make-a da rules."-Earl Butz, on the Pope's attitude toward birth control

Comment

Good for you and your fiancee.

Congratulations.

"Some have learnt many Tricks of sly Evasion, Instead of Truth they use Equivocation, And eke it out with mental Reservation, Which is to good Men an Abomination."

I don't have to attend every argument I'm invited to.

HAKUNA MATATA

Comment

wow...thnx everyone.

BTW, kams im also in jersey city rt now.

yes, we're fortunate to have gotten it in the same hosp. and in the same specialty.(touchwood).

Of course, all services are free of cost to WAB-ites.( and be my guest if u manage to get urself stabbed in Bronx! or get a 'heart attack' thnx to dunkin and mcdonalds.....wat can i say, such is my line of work).

Comment

Originally posted by percentage_plyr View Post
                wow...thnx everyone.

BTW, kams im also in jersey city rt now.

yes, we're fortunate to have gotten it in the same hosp. and in the same specialty.(touchwood).

Of course, all services are free of cost to WAB-ites.( and be my guest if u manage to get urself stabbed in Bronx! or get a 'heart attack' thnx to dunkin and mcdonalds.....wat can i say, such is my line of work).
                Cool...we have a medic in the house. ;)

Comment

hello everyone, havent been able to participate in WAB for a few months due to interviews all over the east coast.

And now my fiancee and I have gotten residency (MD) in the same hospital in NY in Internal Medicine. Plan to get married next yr.

The thing tht im a bit apprehensive about is tht the hosp. is in Bronx and tht isnt the best neighbourhood. Any one here from that part?? Need a few suggestions as to where we could get an apartment fairly close to the hosp. ( 183 St., 3rd. Av.,Bronx) thats good and doesnt burn a hole in the pocket. (We get a measly salary of 45,000/yr during residency,though we both would be earning).

Thnx

Regards

Looks like you got out of the rat-race these MCI examz are! Good for you..:)

Comment

Originally posted by MarquezRazor View Post
                    Looks like you got out of the rat-race these MCI examz are! Good for you..:)
                    lol.....this was no less a rat race man. had to clear 3 exams over 9 months and take 7-8 interviews all at a personal expense of 500,000 INR with no gaurantees of a return of investment.

Comment

lol.....this was no less a rat race man. had to clear 3 exams over 9 months and take 7-8 interviews all at a personal expense of 500,000 INR with no gaurantees of a return of investment.
                      Yeah...I know.Some of my friends have just cleared the StepI.I am still stuck on MCI .Lets see what happens.

Comment

I live in Brooklyn, finding a cheapish appartment is going to be very hard to do, but is more possible in the Bronx. My cousin lives in the Bronx and has a nice appartment there (not sure what part). Ask people, check out the real estate papers that you can get for free from almost any diner or bodega. Don't worry too much about the neighborhood, as long as you dont live right near the projects or a known high-crime neighborhood you're fine. Many people have some serious mis-conceptions about NYC, not all of them are untrue but take it from me not all neighborhoods (even in Brooklyn) are bad! There are some beautiful neighborhoods in the Bronx.

Comment

you call 45000$ less?

thats like 20,25,000!!!
                          "To every man upon this earth, Death cometh soon or late;
                          And how can a man die better; Than facing fearful odds,
                          For the ashes of his father; And the temples of his gods."

Comment

lol....well its not much here in US, esp if u gotta live in NY. But things would be better once i complete the residency.

thnx James, yes i too have heard tht there r some good parts in bronx too...likewise in brooklyn. NYC as a whole is the most fantastic city in the world (IMHO).

I am also considering living in Jersey city near a few ppl i know and like. Will have to take a road trip across G. Washinton bridge to see if its doable everyday for the next 3 yrs.
                            Last edited by percentage_plyr; 16 Dec 06,, 21:21.

Comment

Originally posted by Draconion View Post
                              you call 45000$ less?

thats like 20,25,000!!!
                              Its like OOE said once, you have to beg for sex with 45K but thats not the problem for Percentage

Rent for 2 bedroom apt is around $1200-1300 pm in New Jersey. Don't multiply by 45 and get excited.

Comment

Working...
                              X