Favorite American Fighter jet?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Favorite American Fighter jet?

Thought I would start a thread up in hurr...

So whats your favorite military jet(if your a jet fan)

Mine:
    F-15E Strike Eagle

I really like the F-35, even though it isn't in service. The F-35 carrier version is my favorite.
    "Every man has his weakness. Mine was always just cigarettes."

Comment

Has to be the F-14 Tomcat for me. :D

Comment

The F-35C in all will probably be the best version, since it is bigger(more fuel, i also believe external pylons), and should beable to have a bigger payload.

Once SDB(small diameter bombs) come into service, the attack capability for all the versions of the F-35 should be significantly increased.

The Pent' is working on 250lbs or higher that have a high explosive warhead comparable to a 1,000lb bomb.

The F-35A/B/C will also integrate many of the F/A-22s features. But I love the F-35B since it as STOVL capability and capable of flying at supersonic speeds I believe.

Comment

I think as a replacement for the F-14 the F/A-18 Hornet/Super Hornet just doesn't cut it. The F-35C will replace the F/A-18's on carriers.
          "Every man has his weakness. Mine was always just cigarettes."

Comment

Make that 3 anti-Hornet people here. :D

Comment

err

The F/A-18E/F Super Hornet, I think will just do fine. In time the range will be increased, all the problems will be fixed, and believe it or not the only reason why the F-14 beat the F/A-18E/F was because the F-14 are flown by veteran pilots.

The F/A-18E/F will have the APG-79 AESA radar by Northrop Grumman, AIM-9X integration. The Super Hornets low RCS will compensate for the non-integration of the AIM-54

Plus it has proven to be a great strike fighter, better then the F-14D 'Bombcat' since thats what it was made for.

Comment

A-10, DEFINITELY.

The F-18E/F really needs more thrust. It's really lacking in that department.

Way overpriced too.

Comment

hmmmmm

1. F-16A/B Block 15 MLU
                  2. F-4E
                  3. F-14A/D
                  4. F-8
                  5. F-5E/F

It's so hard to pick just one.
                  To sit down with these men and deal with them as the representatives of an enlightened and civilized people is to deride ones own dignity and to invite the disaster of their treachery - General Matthew Ridgway

Comment

The lawn dart is your fave Troung?

Ughhh....

LOL

Comment

ahh

Heheh...I'll make a list like Troung did:

1. F-15E Strike Eagle
                      2. F-16C/D Fighting Falcon
                      3. F-111F Aardvark
                      4. F-4G Wild Weasel
                      5. F-14A/D Tomcat

Damn I miss those F-111s, and F-4s.

Comment

The mighty Aardvark.

Comment

Nice pic M21.

It would be nice if we still had some F-111s, definitely one of the best low level tactical bombers, and one of the best USAF ever.

F-111s since they can fly at tree top level, had a great SEAD capability.

I've been to Ellesworth AFB before, and seen a F-111 on display ahhh I love em. Not to mention seen a BUFF, C-54D Skymaster, B-29 Superfortress, and a lot of others.

Comment

I took that pic at Hill AFB in June. That particular Vark is destined to be a static display at the Hill AFB Museum. I got a lot of awesome pix from my VIP tour, i'll post em as we go.

Comment

1. F-12A (the fighter version of the SR-71 basically)

2. F-104A but with the lateset engine, Mach 2.2? Right, but only
                              if you throttle back to avoid overheating the skin. (Canopy is rated to
                              2.6) change a few critical areas to titanium,
                              and your looking at Mach 2.5.

3. P-80 The Shooting Star. Richard Bong was killed in one. My dad has one of the turbine blades from that very aircraft.
                              sigpicUSS North Dakota

Comment

Working...
                              X