It's Me Again!

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• It's Me Again!

Hey dudes! What's happening? It looks like all my efforts to catch up have been for nought, since there's way too much for me to catch up on, so I've decided that I'm periodically gonna give you guys an update on what's happening.

Weapons training: I've been through three days of weapons training, apprehension, warning and directing forces. I went to the range twice to shoot M-16A1's. The shooting is split up into three sets: 5 bullets fired one at a time, 15 bullets fired in three round bursts, i.e., three pulls of the trigger, and 10 bullets with two backwards casings inserted at random to induce gun jamming. The first time I got 5-5, 8-15, and 6-10 for a total of 19 out of 30. The second time I got 5-5, 14-15, and 9-10 for a total of 28-30 and currently tied for first place in marksmanship for the second day at the range, though not in total. I'm also one of the fastest guys in the whole group at clearing the three main types of gun jams.

My birthday was this past Thursday, Sep. 9. Thankx to all the guys that sent congrats! I'm now officialy an adult, and I've got a bottle of vodka chillin in the freezer for Sat. night.

Randoms: I broke up with my girlfriend a while ago, and am now currently in the beginning stages with three different girls, all in the Jerusalem/Gush Etzion area. Further developments to follow. I'll send invites to the wedding ;)

Rosh Hashanah, the Jewish New Year, Yom Kippur, the Jewish Day of Atonement and Sukkot, the Holiday of Tabarnacles are coming up. I wish everyone hear a Happy new Year, and I beg forgiveness from anyone and everyone I might have harmed over the past year.

Thankx, and that's it for all at the mo. Check you guys later.

Ben
    Meddle not in the affairs of dragons, for you are crunchy and taste good with ketchup.

Abusing Yellow is meant to be a labor of love, not something you sell to the highest bidder.

Good shooting :) What are types of gun jammings, I've never expirienced any with assault rifle ;)

Comment

The three types of gun jam we learned are identified by where the piece which slides the bullet in is located (I know the name in Hebrew, but i don't know it in English). If it's forward, then the magazine isn't properly inserted or isn't fully in. In this case you smack the magazine into place and cock the weapon. The second is if it's in the middle. In this case you drop the magazine, cock the gun twice, insert the magazine, cock again and keep shooting. The third is if it's all the way in the back. That means you're out of ammo. You insert a new magazine and press the button on the left side of the gun (Again, I know the name in Hebrew, but i don't know it in English)
      Meddle not in the affairs of dragons, for you are crunchy and taste good with ketchup.

Abusing Yellow is meant to be a labor of love, not something you sell to the highest bidder.

Comment

Nice shooting, keep practicing, never let your skills down.

Comment

Good to know you're doing well. ;)
          No man is free until all men are free - John Hossack
          I agree completely with this Administration’s goal of a regime change in Iraq-John Kerry
          even if that enforcement is mostly at the hands of the United States, a right we retain even if the Security Council fails to act-John Kerry
          He may even miscalculate and slide these weapons off to terrorist groups to invite them to be a surrogate to use them against the United States. It’s the miscalculation that poses the greatest threat-John Kerry

Comment

Shanah tovah to you too!

Comment

Todah, and thankx guys!

Comment

Working...
              X