Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Saudi forces arrest top militant

Saudi forces arrest top militant

One of Saudi Arabia's most wanted militants has been captured by security forces, officials say.
    They said Faris al-Zahrani put up no resistance when he was detained in the southern Abha province, about 800 km (500 miles) from the capital, Riyadh.

He is on a Saudi government list of 26 most wanted militants - all allegedly linked to al-Qaeda terror network, 12 of whom are still at large.

Recent militant attacks have left about 90 people dead in the desert kingdom.

Hundreds of others were injured; many of the victims were foreigners.

"Security forces... were able on Thursday evening to capture one of the heads of strife and an advocate of... bombings... Faris bin Ahmed bin Shwail al-Zahrani," a Saudi ministry official read a statement on state television.

A Saudi security source told Reuters news agency that Mr Zahrani was recognised by security forces as he was sitting in a cafe in a town in the mountainous Abha province.

Mr Zahrani - one of three clerics on the Saudi terror list - was said to have played a leading role in al-Qaeda's group in the country after its leader Abdul Aziz al-Muqrin was killed by security forces in June.

http://news.bbc.co.uk/2/hi/middle_east/3540560.stm
    "Every man has his weakness. Mine was always just cigarettes."

he probably knew the gig was up after that operative was caught & his laptop confiscated in Pakistan. Two big busts since then I may add.

Comment

Good riddance...
      No man is free until all men are free - John Hossack
      I agree completely with this Administration’s goal of a regime change in Iraq-John Kerry
      even if that enforcement is mostly at the hands of the United States, a right we retain even if the Security Council fails to act-John Kerry
      He may even miscalculate and slide these weapons off to terrorist groups to invite them to be a surrogate to use them against the United States. It’s the miscalculation that poses the greatest threat-John Kerry

Comment

Working...
      X