Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Who said F/A-22 couldn't do cobra.

http://www.f22-raptor.com/media/vide...ery/index.html

Click on "Marvel of Engineering". Little before Half Way it shows the F/A-22 doing the Cobra Manouver.

Who said it couldn't?

That's been a given.

I saw another video where it did a zero airspeed roll and dive on a hapless F-16C that was utterly amazing.

BTW, those separation tests in that vid you linked were at Mach 1.2-1.6, including the rolling separation. That was a 6G Roll. One of the posters at the other boards works for LM, and posted about it at the time of the tests.

Comment

It was a rethorical question;)

Comment

If we ever go on a war footing, how many Raptors can we produce in a month? and what would be the cost?

Comment

Well I know that if double the order we can decrease the price by about 40% per unit. So it would probley be around 90 million per aircraft if the total order was around 700. If we are going to war with a real country, then it might be even more then that and the price per unit would be even lower.

I have no idea how many we could produce per month.

Comment

Less than 30 a month, on full wartime footing(same for the F-16 and F-15)

Comment

Originally posted by M21Sniper
              Less than 30 a month, on full wartime footing(same for the F-16 and F-15)
              Let's just hope our loses wouldn't get that high.

Comment

Is there a reason why USA managed to produce so many planes during WWII such as producing 1000 to 2000 planes a month and yet in today's environment, with USA on a war footing, even with all the technological advanves in manufactoring and mass production, USA can only produce 90 planes a month?

Or am i reading this wrong?

If given 2 years to train more people and build more factories, can USA produce more than 30 better yet, ramp it up to over 100 Raptors a month?

Comment

Originally posted by Praxus
                  http://www.f22-raptor.com/media/vide...ery/index.html

Click on "Marvel of Engineering". Little before Half Way it shows the F/A-22 doing the Cobra Manouver.

Thats not a cobra manuver.

Comment

Originally posted by MrSnow
                    Thats not a cobra manuver.
                    LOL, that's not my point. My point is that the F/A-22 is capable of doing the Cobra Manouver if it can do that.

Is there a reason why USA managed to produce so many planes during WWII such as producing 1000 to 2000 planes a month and yet in today's environment, with USA on a war footing, even with all the technological advanves in manufactoring and mass production, USA can only produce 90 planes a month?
                    In WW2 we spent over 70% of our GDP on the Military. That is how we turned out 2000 planes a month.

Or am i reading this wrong?

If given 2 years to train more people and build more factories, can USA produce more than 30 better yet, ramp it up to over 100 Raptors a month?
                    If we had to we could get it way over 100 raptors a month. If we need to replace them that quickly the war aint going to well.

Comment

[QUOTE=Praxus]LOL, that's not my point. My point is that the F/A-22 is capable of doing the Cobra Manouver if it can do that.

You can perform a vertical stall in a cessna skyhawk. The manuver your talking about is in no way shape or form like a Pugachev's cobra. Im not saying the f22 cant do it, but it hasnt shown that it can thusfar match the SU27 series in supermanuvers like the Pugachev Cobra or the Kulbit.

Comment

The F/A-22 has thrust vectoring and the Su-27 does not. The F/A-22 can do the Cobra, but it never would because it is a complete Bull Shit manouver.

Comment

Maybe it can, maybe it cant. Sofar it hasnt shown it can perform extreme aoa manuvers.

Comment

Dude, it can!

Comment

WOW!!! The best evidence yet.

Comment

Working...
                              X