Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Militant group threatens death for al-Zarqawi

Militant group threatens death for al-Zarqawi

BAGHDAD, Iraq (CNN) -- A previously unknown militant group in Iraq is threatening to kill the most-wanted terror suspect in that country: Abu Musab al-Zarqawi.

The Arabic-language TV network Al-Arabiya said it received a taped statement from an organization that calls itself the Rescue Group warning al-Zarqawi and his followers to leave Iraq or face the consequences.

One masked militant read a statement denouncing the actions by al-Zarqawi and his followers as hurtful to Iraq, particularly the kidnapping of foreigners.

The group has called for the killing of the Jordanian-born al-Zarqawi if he doesn't leave Iraq.

Coalition officials blame al-Zarqawi for dozens of attacks on coalition forces and Iraqi civilians. The United States recently raised the bounty on his head to $25 million.

Al-Zarqawi is also believed to be behind the beheading of two hostages in Iraq, an American and a South Korean.

Meanwhile, the brother of a U.S. Marine who has been taken hostage in Iraq asserted Tuesday that Cpl. Wassef Ali Hassoun has been freed.

Sami Hassoun, speaking from Tripoli, Lebanon, said there is clear "sign" that his brother is "alive" and has been "released." (Full story)

Read the rest here:
    http://www.cnn.com/2004/WORLD/meast/...ain/index.html
    "Every man has his weakness. Mine was always just cigarettes."

I think the group is made up of pissed off Iraqi policemen who seem to be al-Zarqawi's favorite target.
    "Every man has his weakness. Mine was always just cigarettes."

Comment

Beat ya to it

http://www.worldaffairsboard.com/showthread.php?t=2420

Comment

Read a few reports that it was Al-Sadr that was threatening Zarqawi. If anything, Al-Sadr is still loyal to his country and sees that zarqawi is no good for it.

Comment

about time ..... ain't it???

Comment

Working...
          X