Iraqi-Americans

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Iraqi-Americans

Thousands of imbeciles protest the war in Iraq around the world and don't bother to find out any details about why it happened. They just think war is bad and call Bush a Nazi even if Kerry and all the Democrats voted for the war, too.

Check out what some of these Iraqi-Americans are saying about Iraq and Saddam Hussein:

http://www.pbs.org/newshour/bb/middl...raqi_3-18.html

http://www.defenselink.mil/news/Mar2...200303288.html

Bush meets with Iraqi-Americans: http://www.whitehouse.gov/news/relea...2803-515h.html

Liberals don't care about the Iraqis, they've made that abundantly clear.
    No man is free until all men are free - John Hossack
    I agree completely with this Administration’s goal of a regime change in Iraq-John Kerry
    even if that enforcement is mostly at the hands of the United States, a right we retain even if the Security Council fails to act-John Kerry
    He may even miscalculate and slide these weapons off to terrorist groups to invite them to be a surrogate to use them against the United States. It’s the miscalculation that poses the greatest threat-John Kerry

Comment

Iraqi Americans are not relevant.

You call people who protest war in Iraq imbecils... maybe some of them are. But what do you know about Iraq? I think you know only America. Few interviews in TV or newspaper is not relevant. All (or 90%) Iraqi people hate America.

And details about why it happened? Enlighten me... What is just reason for the war?

I think only agression. This war was not necessary. America or other country was not threatened. You may say: Saddam is bad, Iraqi people was not free, Iraq was not democracy like America, world is now better... but it is not reason for war. Anybody may say: Bush is bad - he starts the war, America is bad - because of pain of death, consumption of sources... or whatever. Is it reason for the war? NO!

Can you show me one relevant reason for the war?
      Last edited by Jenorozec; 09 Jul 04,, 18:29.

Comment

Originally posted by Jenorozec
        You call people who protest war in Iraq imbecils... maybe some of them are. But what do you know about Iraq? I think you know only America. Few interviews in TV or newspaper is not relevant. All (or 90%) Iraqi people hate America.

And details about why it happened? Enlighten me... What is just reason for the war?

I think only agression. This war was not necessary. America or other country was not threatened. You may say: Saddam is bad, Iraqi people was not free, Iraq was not democracy like America, world is now better... but it is not reason for war. Anybody may say: Bush is bad - he starts the war, America is bad - because of pain of death, consumption of sources... or whatever. Is it reason for the war? NO!

uggh, you people sicken me. Saddam was an EVIL DICTATOR WHO KILLED ALMOST A MILLION PEOPLE. That is genocide - a crime against humanity which the UN chose to ignore. Who is going to enforce the law and keep the peace if we werent going to? If you commit a crime you do the time. Had we done nothing there would be a mass murderer on the loose.

Comment

Is it really true what say your TV?

Don't be sick from me. I am not American... so I must have a different opinion.

What? Million people? Do you believe it?
          Who say that he killed milion people? Your George? Probably it includes Iraqi wars with Iran and Kuwait. In first case Saddam was your ally and in second case your bombers killed this people.

I do not admire Saddam, but I respect international law.

By the way: Turkey bombarded Kurdish people like Saddam, but only Saddam is bad?
          Last edited by Jenorozec; 09 Jul 04,, 19:25.

Comment

I do not admire Saddam, but I respect internalional law
            If you respected international law then you would respect the removing of Saddam as he violated international law. Dont tell me those mass graves dont exist.

Comment

WW2, Korea, Veitnam and Kosovo to name a few well-known conflicts in which the United States has openly put their troops in harms way, for the well-being of other Human beings.

Add Iraq to that list. Why is it that the majority of Human aid, in the form of monetary and military support, has come from the US?

Because we care about Human beings, regardless of what country they hail from. The US is a representation of the worlds cultures all bundled up in the form of a free, democratic society.

Once the rest of the world catches on, maybe Human beings will actually pull together and get shit done. Until then, people like you can keep being selfish and forget that eventually it's going to come around to you, where it directly affects you.

Until then, let the US stand and fight the good fight. At least try to give some support.

Comment

International law.

International law didn't violate Saddam but IRAQ as a country and was punished by UN in 1991.

Say how Iraq violated international law in 2003...

Yes mass graves exist in every country hit by war. It is too difficult bury all people in single graves when iraqian or iranian soldier or american bomber kill too many people in one day :)
                And I don't believe that million people were buried in one or several mass grave.

You Americans watch TV too much. You believe that you act in accordance with God and the others act in accordance with devil, so you haven't to respect international law.

Comment

Human Rights.

WW2, Korea, Veitnam and Kosovo to name a few well-known conflicts in which the United States has openly put their troops in harms way, for the well-being of other Human beings.
                  Add Iraq to that list. Why is it that the majority of Human aid, in the form of monetary and military support, has come from the US?

Because we care about Human beings, regardless of what country they hail from. The US is a representation of the worlds cultures all bundled up in the form of a free, democratic society.

Once the rest of the world catches on, maybe Human beings will actually pull together and get shit done. Until then, people like you can keep being selfish and forget that eventually it's going to come around to you, where it directly affects you.

Until then, let the US stand and fight the good fight. At least try to give some support.
                  So human rights is answer? If some country is different you can change its government and kill people who live there?
                  O.K. By this logic if I disagree with pain of death in legal system and I think it is violate of human rights I can attack USA?

Comment

Information for you (Se7eN).

The US is a representation of the worlds cultures all bundled up in the form of a free, democratic society
                    Europe is on higher level than USA - culturally.

Comment

Been to France lately?

They banned religious symbols from being worn in public.

Anti-Semitism is practically endorsed.

And the french government is negotiating with Hezzbollah and giving them leway when it comes to television programs, if not whole channels.

Then there's the annual smear campaign and rule changing in the Tour De France that the press & TDF commitee do to make it harder for Lance Armstrong to win. Despite the fact most of the spectators, French or not root for him.

Comment

All (or 90%) Iraqi people hate America.
                        You're going to have to show me stats to prove that one. The men and women returning from Iraq are telling the opposite story. The Iraqi Americans returning from rebuilding are telling a different story. So who told you your story? Anyway, America is all about their, and your, right to hate whoever you want, as long as you don't hurt anyone in any way.
                        What is just reason for the war?
                        You only want one? He broke the cease-fire agreement ending the Gulf War. By "international law" any country in the original coalition could have removed Saddam. This doesn't even start into the support of terrorism, including his own terrorist forces, the firing of missles and guns at aircraft enforcing UN sanctions, constant public threats, etc., etc., etc.. Note: I haven't even started into my reasons for supporting the removal of Saddam.
                        This war was not necessary.
                        Would you want to live the way they were? How many have to die before you think war is necessary? What if America hadn't felt the cold war was necessary, eh comrade?
                        You may say: Saddam is bad, Iraqi people was not free
                        Ok, Saddam is bad and the Iraqi people weren't free.
                        democracy like America
                        Your lack of knowledge about America, is aparent to a blind and deaf child.
                        but it is not reason for war.
                        How much do you need? How many have to die?
                        Anybody may say: Bush is bad - he starts the war
                        They can say it, but that doesn't make it true. Saddam started the war, as I have allready shown.
                        Who say that he killed milion people?
                        The UN put it at 1 to 2 million dead in Saddam's rule, with "thousands" more a month. Liberal groups like UNICEF put the figures at 5000+ more a month. Though, no country, I've seen, disputes this.
                        In first case Saddam was your ally
                        Yes, do you think that makes it ok then? Are you excusing his crimes because most of the world was allied to him at one time or another?
                        in second case your bombers killed this people.
                        Saddam could have withdrawn from Kuwait, but didn't. He killed his own people, he gave the orders, not an American.
                        I respect international law.
                        No you dont. You just use the idea of international law to spread anti-American propaganda. Want to prove that statement wrong? Then quote the law that was broken, and it's source, section and subsection.
                        By the way: Turkey bombarded Kurdish people like Saddam, but only Saddam is bad?
                        But they are yielding to international pressure, slowly but it's happening none the less. Saddam was utterly defiant.
                        in one or several mass grave.
                        Last count I heard was over 3000, with more everyday.
                        You Americans watch TV too much. You believe that you act in accordance with God and the others act in accordance with devil
                        Again, your lack of knowledge about America, is aparent to a blind and deaf child.
                        O.K. By this logic if I disagree with pain of death in legal system and I think it is violate of human rights I can attack USA?
                        In the immortal words of my great leader, "bring it on".
                        Born in Europe, lived in Europe, been to Europe, will be going to Europe, and I can tell you without a doubt that statement is not even a little bit correct. You may be able to argue same, but never ever higher.
                        No man is free until all men are free - John Hossack
                        I agree completely with this Administration’s goal of a regime change in Iraq-John Kerry
                        even if that enforcement is mostly at the hands of the United States, a right we retain even if the Security Council fails to act-John Kerry
                        He may even miscalculate and slide these weapons off to terrorist groups to invite them to be a surrogate to use them against the United States. It’s the miscalculation that poses the greatest threat-John Kerry

Comment

I don't think that any country is free from the stigma of human rights violation. Or, any country is a total adherent of international law.

War itself is an act against humanity. Most try to observe the basic values of decency, but some go bonkers. Every country that has gone to war has some blots that sully the image.

Law, they say, is an ass. International law must be a bigger ass. If we talk of international law then Israel would have to agree to the recent ruling of the International Court that the wall must be pulled down being illegal. Try making Israel agree to that!

In short, the sword is mightier than the pen and Might is indeed Right and that is the international truth, if not the law.

"Some have learnt many Tricks of sly Evasion, Instead of Truth they use Equivocation, And eke it out with mental Reservation, Which is to good Men an Abomination."

I don't have to attend every argument I'm invited to.

HAKUNA MATATA

Comment

As far as Iraqi Americans saying good things that folks want to hear, do you think they have any other options? Yes, they have. The nearest tree!

One should not go gaga over such stuff. Some would be sincere in what they are saying and some saying it out of fear. I saw the brother of the US Marine, who was said to have been beheaded by some silly Islamic organisation or the other that keeps coming out of the woodwork, giving a statement on TV. The man was sullen and scared, but not so scared as to not wear his skullcap!

"Some have learnt many Tricks of sly Evasion, Instead of Truth they use Equivocation, And eke it out with mental Reservation, Which is to good Men an Abomination."

I don't have to attend every argument I'm invited to.

HAKUNA MATATA

Comment

That's morally equating the initiator of force with the person/people using the retalitory use thereof.

So human rights is answer? If some country is different you can change its government and kill people who live there?
                              Are you saying morality is subjective?

I would love to get into a debate about this with you.
                              Last edited by Praxus; 10 Jul 04,, 03:57.

Comment

Working...
                              X