Obsession

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Obsession

Saw an hour on Fox last night about a movie called "Obsession". It was all about islamic terrorists and how much of a threat they really are. Showed 3 year old kids being indoctrinated and little girls talking about jihad. Was concerning.

Has anyone here seen the movie?

d
    Relax. It's worse than you think.

Of course not

Has anyone seen the movie? A few have. Its showing in just three theaters nation wide. Not only will the media and others insist the movie is a farce and warmongering, but most theaters seem afraid to show the movie for fear of reprisals from the Muslim community. Amazing.

I heard about this movie two months ago I believe. Haven't been able to see it. To bad. They should make it viewable via the Internet.

Marc

Comment

Are those three theatres "house full"?

Why should people in the US be afraid of the Moslems.

I thought they are all under control and don't make any fuss.

"Some have learnt many Tricks of sly Evasion, Instead of Truth they use Equivocation, And eke it out with mental Reservation, Which is to good Men an Abomination."

I don't have to attend every argument I'm invited to.

HAKUNA MATATA

Comment

Originally posted by Ray View Post
        I thought they are all under control and don't make any fuss.
        "How do you spell 'terrorist wacko nutcase'? (Commentary)
        The Orlando Sentinel (Fla.)
        Such was my thought as I listened to the recorded telephone conversation between the man who confessed to mowing down several people on the University of North Carolina campus in Chapel Hill with an SUV and the 911 police dispatcher whom he called to report his crime. ...UNC officials have studiously avoided labeling the event a "terrorist attack," while some students have protested (to the acclaim of many in the blogosphere) that the university is caving to political correctness by failing to call a terrorist a terrorist.

Details on UNC suspect revealed
        The Charlotte Observer
        The man accused in last week's Chapel Hill SUV assault started thinking about "some type of attack" two years ago and told police he was disappointed a UNC campus hangout wasn't more crowded when he drove through it, according to court documents released Tuesday."

http://www.unc.edu/news/clips/mar06/mar08.htm

Nah, no fuss at all...

Comment

Have you noticed how the media just sort of forgot about this attack?

Have you noticed how the media just sort of forgot the shooting in Seattle?

Around 90% of the journalists, just like around 90% of college professors, vote for Democrats.

Coincidence? I think not.

Lenin was right. They are idiots.
          "Only Nixon can go to China." -- Old Vulcan proverb.

Comment

We read of it in India.

"Some have learnt many Tricks of sly Evasion, Instead of Truth they use Equivocation, And eke it out with mental Reservation, Which is to good Men an Abomination."

I don't have to attend every argument I'm invited to.

HAKUNA MATATA

Comment

Originally posted by gunnut View Post

Around 90% of the journalists, just like around 90% of college professors, vote for Democrats.

Coincidence? I think not.

Lenin was right. They are idiots.
              Dont even get me started on college professors .... IMO the rantings of 1 lunatic college professor can do more damage then all of Al Qaeda combined. They (along with their allies in the media and rap music industry) are slowing brainwashing America's youth to hate their own country, government, etc and telling them that America is evil and blah blah blah etc. Believe me, I deal with them 4 days a week from 8am till 2pm.

Comment

Dont even get me started on college professors .... IMO the rantings of 1 lunatic college professor can do more damage then all of Al Qaeda combined. They (along with their allies in the media and rap music industry) are slowing brainwashing America's youth to hate their own country, government, etc and telling them that America is evil and blah blah blah etc. Believe me, I deal with them 4 days a week from 8am till 2pm.
                LOL, which is why america has trended more conservative since the 60s, despite a vast increase in the number of college-educated citizens
                There is a cult of ignorance in the United States, and there has always been. The strain of anti-intellectualism has been a constant thread winding its way through our political and cultural life, nurtured by the false notion that democracy means that "My ignorance is just as good as your knowledge."- Isaac Asimov

Comment

Originally posted by astralis View Post
                  LOL, which is why america has trended more conservative since the 60s, despite a vast increase in the number of college-educated citizens
                  America is not moving toward the conservatives since the 60s. However that's what the leftist media wants you to believe.

Taxes are higher than ever.

Gun rights are being assaulted.

Break down of the traditional family structure.

None of these suggests a move toward a more conservative society of the 60s.

Comment

It has?

Comment

gunnut,

America is not moving toward the conservatives since the 60s. However that's what the leftist media wants you to believe.

Taxes are higher than ever.

Gun rights are being assaulted.

Break down of the traditional family structure.

None of these suggests a move toward a more conservative society of the 60s.
                      the national dialogue is different. the democrats of today would not be recognized by the democrats of the 60s, far more so than the republicans.

one can even take a look at the anti-war protests as an example of this. instead of throwing bloody tampons at warships, or spitting on veterans, most of the protests center around the idea of "support our troops, bring them home," NOT calling them baby-killers or whatnot.

support for a smaller gov't is also a lot greater, with trust in the gov't correspondingly a lot smaller.

did you know, for example, that even in 1966, a full 2/3 of the american public answered "all the time" or "most of the time" to this question: "do you trust the US gov't to do the right thing?" can you imagine the answer to that today?
                      There is a cult of ignorance in the United States, and there has always been. The strain of anti-intellectualism has been a constant thread winding its way through our political and cultural life, nurtured by the false notion that democracy means that "My ignorance is just as good as your knowledge."- Isaac Asimov

Comment

one can even take a look at the anti-war protests as an example of this. instead of throwing bloody tampons at warships, or spitting on veterans, most of the protests center around the idea of "support our troops, bring them home," NOT calling them baby-killers or whatnot.
                        The anti-war protest is different today because our forces are volunteers.

The protests in the 60s were so dramatic because 1) some people just didn't want to be drafted, and 2) some people who were drafted and didn't want to be there, did some horrible things.

What is this "support our troops, bring them home" mentality? It's a thinly veiled surrender if you ask me.

A soldier on the radio said that he doesn't want these people to "support the troops by bringing them home." He wants to be in Iraq. He believes the mission. He's here to protect the Americans, not the other way around.

These anti-war liberals will be the end of this nation.

Comment

gunnut,

What is this "support our troops, bring them home" mentality? It's a thinly veiled surrender if you ask me.

A soldier on the radio said that he doesn't want these people to "support the troops by bringing them home." He wants to be in Iraq. He believes the mission. He's here to protect the Americans, not the other way around.

These anti-war liberals will be the end of this nation.
                          regardless, the tone of the debate has changed.

my point is not to say the anti-war protesters are right (considering i disagree with them), but just to mention that even the far left in america knows that it is politically stupid, as well as morally errant (yes, most of them actually DO care about our boys), to insult the troops. that's a far cry from the 60s hippies. our campuses are not filled with al-sadr's flags, nor with loving images of osama bin ladin.

Comment

Originally posted by gunnut View Post

The media is made up of businesses. They respond to supply and demand like any other business does, and if the demand for these stories existed, some mass media outlet would be fulfilling the demand. To blame that on the media doesnt make sense. American consumers have the short memory here.

And since when do professors rant about politics? Im in a poli sci class right now with a professor whose opinions are almost exactly the opposite of my own (I know from personal interaction with the professor as much as statements in class) yet I dont feel pressured to change my opinions in any way. Quite to the contrary, this guy, and almost every professor Ive had, loves disagreement in the classroom.
                            Am I just lucky? Has everyone else here had Chris' experience?

Comment

Gspot,

And since when do professors rant about politics? Im in a poli sci class right now with a professor whose opinions are almost exactly the opposite of my own (I know from personal interaction with the professor as much as statements in class) yet I dont feel pressured to change my opinions in any way. Quite to the contrary, this guy, and almost every professor Ive had, loves disagreement in the classroom.
                              Am I just lucky? Has everyone else here had Chris' experience?
                              in my experience both studying under and working with professors, most of them indeed invite disagreement. to be sure there ARE some whom like to use the podium as a soapbox, but at the same time, most of them view student disagreement as intellectually stimulating (it's more exciting than just lecturing on and on...) and also professionally useful (being able to answer student disagreements prepares them for tougher challenges from other professors, both in-person and in the quite vicious written duels in journals).

Comment

Working...
                              X