Screw the planet make a buck: U.S. OK'd for ozone-destroying pesticide

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Screw the planet make a buck: U.S. OK'd for ozone-destroying pesticide

Do conservatives think the sooner they destroy the planet Jesus will come or something like what the hell?
    http://news.yahoo.com/s/ap/20061104/...zone_pesticide

I love the smell of pesticide in the morning.

It smells of...ozone depletion(and victory).

So hey man, hysterically overstate things much?

Comment

The misery of malaria and other tropical communicative diseases prevalent in the 3rd world nations is caused by the environmental movement of the 70s.

DDT, the most effective pest control agent in the history of mankind, was banned because of its potential to kill some birds, when abused. It had the ability to rid the 3rd world of many diseases, or at least controlling them, if it were allowed to be used. Instead the foolishness and the holier-than-thou attitude of the hippies doomed millions of human lives in the develpoing world over the last 30 years.
      "Only Nixon can go to China." -- Old Vulcan proverb.

Comment

I think it's cool that libs/dems don't use oil or paper or chemicals or drive cars or buy (insert product here)....yep...really cool and hypocritical. Seeing how Clinton fixed the enviroment and stopped illegals coming across the border and made everybody wealthy including people in other countries and we had total 100% world peace and..........

(this post brought to you by an insane/typical liberal)
        Liberals are the victims of their own manifestations of delusion.

Comment

Originally posted by Hydrocodone View Post
          I think it's cool that libs/dems don't use oil or paper or chemicals or drive cars or buy (insert product here)....yep...really cool and hypocritical. Seeing how Clinton fixed the enviroment and stopped illegals coming across the border and made everybody wealthy including people in other countries and we had total 100% world peace and..........

(this post brought to you by an insane/typical liberal)
          I like your name. Why though, addict?

Comment

disservice

Granted conservatives' record on the environment is traditionally abysmal, but I whole heartedly agree with the hypocrisy parodied above. Still the environmental movement does itself a disservice by aligning itself with far leftist anti-every thing borderline anarchist wack jobs. Environmental protests are typically nothing more then anti-establishment marches comprised of college students who usually have no real knowledge of eco-systems and such. They just want a reason to protest. I find it amazing that the protests magically halt under a liberal president while we continue to pump every bit as much pollution into the air.

Marc

Comment

Ddt

"DDT, the most effective pest control agent in the history of mankind, was banned because of its potential to kill some birds, when abused."

I read a great article not too long ago about DDT. Did you know that eagle populations were nearly hunted to extinction in the U.S.? And that long before DDT was banned, the Gubbmint put a halt to open season on eagles as pests, and that soon thereafter the bird populations began to rise again. Seems that DDT wasn't really the culprit at all, but the greens have so forced that crap for so long that it's just accepted now as true. Repeat a lie often enough and loudly enough and it becomes the truth? Maybe not but a lot of people will believe it.

Dave
              Relax. It's worse than you think.

Comment

personally I just think it's cool that we are destroying the planet. The faster the better. If that brings Jesus sooner then that's just icing on the cake.

I just love our open door policy on idiots who do these flybyes.

Comment

Originally posted by Dave View Post
                  Build a man a fire and you will warm him for a night. Set a man on fire and you'll warm him for the rest of his life.
                  LOL, taking your lead from the good General? ;)

Comment

Maybe

Probably where I got it. Been a very long time tho. Can't be sure. Certainly a sentiment I share.
                    Last edited by Dave; 06 Nov 06,, 22:46. Reason: I freakin wanted to.
                    Relax. It's worse than you think.

Comment

Originally posted by mtnbiker View Post
                      personally I just think it's cool that we are destroying the planet. The faster the better. If that brings Jesus sooner then that's just icing on the cake.

I just love our open door policy on idiots who do these flybyes.
                      Here's another myth, "destroying the planet."

How conceited can you be? Can we really destroy the planet? By "destroying the planet" you mean you alter the environment a bit. It may or may not be good for some species. You may see somethings that YOU don't like to see. But destroying the planet? Dream on.

The earth will be here for a while. Dump all the nukes we have onto the same spot and the earth will feel barely a thing. Kill off all the creatures on this planet and new ones will emerge. The planet has gone through dozens of changes through billions of years, each one unimaginable to our abilities. And you think we can somehow "destroy" the planet?

The earth will shake us off like a mild case of rash even if we do our worst.

Destroy "mankind" maybe. Destroy the planet is a whole new different matter.
                      Last edited by gunnut; 06 Nov 06,, 22:57.
                      "Only Nixon can go to China." -- Old Vulcan proverb.

Comment

Ah, Methyl Bromide. Good stuff.

You environmental whackos obviously want to starve people and create famines. We noble Republicans only have the welfare of the people, and the prosperity of humanity at heart.

While we're at it, we can step up DDT production to fight Malaria, and maybe reverse some of the genocide the environmental whackos are perpetratinmg against the Blacks in Africa and other funny colored people world wide.

Save our fossil fuels. Burn an environmentalist.
                        - Dennis
                        --
                        Victory at all costs, victory in spite of all terror, victory however long and hard the road may be; for without victory there is no survival.
                        -Sir Winston Churchill

Comment

the problem with DDT is that it is a Persistent organic pollutant, namely, it takes a very long time to degrade and bonds very well with organic fats, that is, it is very readily absorbed through the food chain and eventually accumulates in large quantities in human fats.
                          While it is still used in Africa inside buildings, the insects it was meant to erradicate had of course started developing resistance to it long before its wide spread spraying stopped.
                          There are plenty of other insecticides available which break down far more readily than DDT, but the ongoing issue of resistance applies to them as well.
                          In the realm of spirit, seek clarity; in the material world, seek utility.

Leibniz

Comment

Originally posted by Edgeplay_cgo View Post
                            Save our fossil fuels. Burn an environmentalist.
                            LMFAOWFOTFAGLASG!!!!
                            (Laugh My F'in Asss Off While Fallin' On The Floor And Giggling Like A School Girl)

Comment

Working...
                            X